Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2004, 12:34 PM   #1

My New Highly Mod'd Rocketsled

Folks,

I'm new to the Boxster world, as of last night.
I've always digged them, now I'm driving one and wow!!! what a car.

I bought an '01 boxster s with only 24k miles that looks brand spanking new. The previous, and only, owner, was a nut about this car, and it shows.
It's biarritz white (the older, creamier white...my favorite on the boxster), black top and interior, with the following:
it's lightly optioned: sports package, xenon lights, 18" turbo twists, and a few other little things....then the guy went to town on it...$15k of receipts for the following:
- full package techart engine tune including mild intake mods, chip, headers, pre-cat delete, and full stainless sport exhaust
- dropped the car approx 25mm with techart sport springs and re-valved struts
- techart wheel spacers all around...when combined with the drop gives a great low / wide look
- tehart interior appearance package (silver painted trim pieces)
- techart top system for opening and closing the top while the car's moving (up to 25ph)
- k40 radar and laser detector / defuser integrated front and rear
- blaupunkt stereo (6 disc changer and removable head, two big sony amps nicely integrated into front trunk, lots of nice speakers)
- bra / cover

I'll try to get some pics up...

FUHRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:07 PM   #2

Here is another rocket sled.

http://www.ramis-porsche.com/

Scott
mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:46 PM   #3

how much did you spend on all that?!?!?!

nice...but what a project!
Old 10-27-2004, 04:10 PM   #4

Not me...

I just sent you the link to show you how far you can go.

Go to a 3.4 and be happy, or hang your butt out [$$$] on a 3.6 [since your E gas].

Scott
mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:46 AM   #5

Fuhrius, what kind of power are you getting with that setup? I'm considering going the ECU/intake/muffler on my 2.5.

Mike
scubaguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:37 AM   #6

Power with the techart mods

I haven't dyno'd the thing myself, so qualify my answer as a mix of what the munufacturers say and what I feel.

My car has the 'full' techart engine kit for the 3.2, which includes re-worked air intake, headers, chip, throttle body, and exhaust. They claim 45-50hp inprovement and similar improvements in torque.
I can say from having shopped around a bit and driving a number of different s's, that it's quite welcomed improvement in power, throughout the range...rright from the get-go to as high as oyu want to rev it. I did drive a car with the techart exhaut kit only, and I would't recommend it. Without the other mods, I've heard that the exhaust only can actually decrease the power by 8-10hp (due do unbalanced air pressure)...despite the fact that the exhaust sounds better. My boxster pulls like my friend's unmodified 3.4l 996.
The exhaust does have a bit of resonance at 2,500-ish rpm's that might bother some people...not me. The receipts for the work totalled about $7,500, which is hard to swallow, though.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:41 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Ah, the butt dyno. :-)

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #8

at the end of the day, it's the only dyno that matters. I grin everytime I drive the car.