View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 08:37 AM   #6
FUHRIUS

Power with the techart mods

I haven't dyno'd the thing myself, so qualify my answer as a mix of what the munufacturers say and what I feel.

My car has the 'full' techart engine kit for the 3.2, which includes re-worked air intake, headers, chip, throttle body, and exhaust. They claim 45-50hp inprovement and similar improvements in torque.
I can say from having shopped around a bit and driving a number of different s's, that it's quite welcomed improvement in power, throughout the range...rright from the get-go to as high as oyu want to rev it. I did drive a car with the techart exhaut kit only, and I would't recommend it. Without the other mods, I've heard that the exhaust only can actually decrease the power by 8-10hp (due do unbalanced air pressure)...despite the fact that the exhaust sounds better. My boxster pulls like my friend's unmodified 3.4l 996.
The exhaust does have a bit of resonance at 2,500-ish rpm's that might bother some people...not me. The receipts for the work totalled about $7,500, which is hard to swallow, though.
FUHRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote