Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #1

Garage
Throttle sensor?

Some of you have posted on this before and I have as well. A few years ago I was getting occasional engine codes about pedal sensor. I replaced the sensor tested the feedback checked grounding, checked and retrace wires. everything was well and good until last fall. I'd take the car out and loss the ability to blip the throttle and also notice a slight power loss. Check the ecu with Durametric and I have the dreaded throttle code again. So i pulled the battery cables then unplugged the ecu cable tested the response which feedback is ok. Plugged it all back up it runs until I had the car out last weekend same thing. This time I only unplugged the plug for the throttle on the ecu. plugged it back in everything is fine.

Are there any known issues with these plugs or the pins in the ECU?

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #2

Garage
I will also add I am not getting a engine light. Turning off the engine and restarting it seems the reset the code, and the car runs fine for a dozen start and stops and then reset.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:36 AM   #3

Wow sounds frustrating. Throttle pedal work is painful. I have had the the throttle pedal completely apart and modified it after breaking my hinge. I will try and retrace my steps from many years ago and see if I come up with anything to help.

After drawing out the linkage arrangement, stop position, and ensuring the cable running up to the control box was not going over the designed travel allowance, I recall verifying 100% throttle opening via the Durametric software. There was another throttle parameter as well that was helpful ensuring that the butterfly throttle plate was being commanded to open according to pedal position. I set up the stop to give 100% tb opening. I did this on my own without any resource that could refer you to.

You might try jiggling the TB connection while taking a Durametric trace to see if you can isolate the gremlin. Spray that connector with CRC as well