Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #1

Garage
Clutch what did I do

I just replace my clutch and axles. bled the slave cylinder for and hour I can't get the pedal to pop back out the whole way. Pull the transmission again to make sure I didnt pop the arm off the pivot or disconnect something. Put it all back together again and I still have to pop the pedal up. New Spec 1 clutch and pressure plate replaced an old Spec clutch.

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #2

I had the exact same symptoms. Replaced the slave thinking that was the problem but it turned out to be a cracked (plastic) clutch line that was leaking behind my fender. There’s an an upgraded version, IIRC.

More here: https://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/38449-small-puncture-in-clutch-line/

Last edited by Stroked & Blown; 04-13-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Stroked & Blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #3

Garage
Is it just a fraction of an inch or is it a lot more? Your clutch assist spring may be broken if its just a little bit.
2009 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible
1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Coupe
Anker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
Is it just a fraction of an inch or is it a lot more? Your clutch assist spring may be broken if its just a little bit.
Comes up about 1/2 way then stops unless I Put my foot under it and lift. Almost like it catching.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
Old 04-14-2018, 02:05 AM   #5

I agree, Your clutch assist spring may be broken, an easy ckeck above the pedal.
philou320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:52 AM   #6
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
Comes up about 1/2 way then stops unless I Put my foot under it and lift. Almost like it catching.
Sounds like what mine did after a brake line flush.
My indie rebled the clutch line and all was good.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:32 AM   #7

If it ends up being the spring, I have a bunch of extra McMaster “upgraded” springs & can send you one for the cost of postage.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #8

Garage
OK I changed the brake pads and flushed the lines another time problem resolved. Thanks everyone for your replies, I should have done this first.