Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #21

Garage
I'll never stop using Continental DWS06's if I have a choice. I've had Michelin, Pirelli, Khumo and plenty others and I'm just done. I drive my car season wide, so summer, monsoon, winter..... And no tire I've had on this car, compares even the slightest to the Conti DWS06's. Awesome Grip, very long life span..... Price is a lil ehh, Around 400 for my 285/35/19 rear's.... Each. but they are worth it.

A lil story on the lifespan.... I've had numerous alignments done. The Front tires for the past 3.5 Years have outlasted a set of Michelin, Pirelli and some Firestones. And I didn't even buy them new. They were take offs from someone that didn't like the size or something. I had issues with Traction or lifespan with all these rear tires. However the Front DWS's have outlasted and gripped better than them all. So I finally said screw it and put the most recent rear tires to the DWS06's. And still the front DWS's have life on them.

I absolutely love them.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #22

Garage
I am running Bridgestone Potenzas/ RE-11's for the summer then I switch To BF Goodrich Comp TA-2's for the winter. They are all season tires. Great grip and aggressive tread design. They are very reasonably priced too. I did late season autocross on them and got better PAX numbers with the all season tires. Good luck.
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #23

I agree with Darkstar. I love my DWS 06 's on my 18 inch rims. (Dry, Wet, Snow..cast depth markers in the tire indicate how far worn by letter disappeance) They hold well in the dry, do well in the rain but even though they're designed for snow when they're new, I don't get snow here in Arizona. They are a little pricey but they feel real good at higher speeds.
91 BMW 850i
71 MGB GT
bcinphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #24

I tried the DWS on my 17 rims. Great grip. Even took the Box on snow covered dirt roads and got right through. HOWEVER... the cornering was hideous. Under steer like crazy. Had to get them off. Luckily I had the 90 day love them or leave them deal.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #25

I'm replacing all 4 tires now, and there are not that many options for 255/40 17. I had Bridgestone Potenza RE050 and I was thinking of changing brand, as these Bridgestones weren't particularly remarkable in anything.
Michelins are too expensive, I'm thinking of getting Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, but there's only version 3 for the front (205/50 17) and version 2 for the rear :/

urban is offline   Reply With Quote