986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   3 Second 0-60 with a simple ECU re map (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/55798-3-second-0-60-simple-ecu-re-map.html)

ECU_Doctor 02-10-2015 06:50 PM

3 Second 0-60 with a simple ECU re map

Hello everyone!

I am the ECU Doctor!

I have been experimenting with re mapping various make and model ECUs, to get maximum performance out of the factory car. I have had luck with Toyota and Chevrolet ECU's gaining about a 10-20hp gain from factory with a simple ECU remap.

I myself own a 2001 Boxster, it has been my test car. Everything on my car is bone stock, with the exception of a re mapped ECU. What is a re mapped ECU you may ask? Well I simply access the data on the ECU via a computer, change the values of the air/fuel/spark ratio and I can achieve great things (cant tell you all my secrets ;)

With the ECU remapped on my Boxster I can acheive 0-60 times in 3-3.5 seconds, thats a lot better then the 6 second stock time.

I am just trying to pass on my amazing discoveries to you! My fellow Porsche fanatics, if I get enough interest in this we can set up a group deal and get you guys running 3 second 0-60s in no time.

Thank you my friends! And happy Motoring :dance:

BIGJake111 02-10-2015 06:54 PM

Video proof please? I've got my stopwatch ready.

iroczporsche 02-10-2015 06:56 PM

Holy christ i actually just joined this site looking for advice on chips for my boxster LOL. I actually live 2 hours away from this fellow and i remember he made me a prom chip for my 91 z28 back in the day, which i was so surprised with the outcome even though it was around 20 horsepower. The throttle response was vastly increased so i can vouch for his camaro product. please share your finds for the boxster!

Meir 02-10-2015 07:06 PM

I have a feeling this is going to turn brutal :rolleyes:

tnoice 02-10-2015 07:16 PM

Other than blaintaly posting in the wrong location.. Should be in classified or advertising, I sense the one time poster is going to get burned.

CHRISP357 02-10-2015 07:25 PM

Pretty sure the OP and the voucher are the same guy.

coloradojay 02-10-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECU_Doctor (Post 435671)
... get you guys running 3 second 0-60s in no time.

Whoa 3 seconds in "no time" seems like it would totally mess up the space-time continuum. I think I'll remain in space-time.

tommy583 02-10-2015 07:56 PM

WOW so awesome. I was going to try and swap in a 911 turbo engine. This seems much easier and cheaper. I should have enough money left over for a wheelie bar and a parachute. I'll pm you my cc and SS numbers right away :cool:

Nine8Six 02-10-2015 07:59 PM

OP - please amend where you see fit:

List of fastest production cars by acceleration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe between the Ferrari 458 Italia 2011 and Porsche 911 GT3 ?

ECU_Doctor 02-10-2015 09:21 PM

I can assure you guys that I am not the voucher also.

I re map ECUs for the third gen camaro community, with great success and have made a decent living doing so, they dont call me the ECU Doctor for nothing.

My Boxster findings are very recent, I haven't dynoed the car yet to see the real gains but my stop watch shows a mere 3 second 0-60 time.

Going to hit the dyno in the coming weeks here to get you guys some real results, you guys will be amazed. I am not asking for any money or anything from anyone at this point. Was just seeing if there is any interest in my findings, not to be flamed. Please have faith in me the ECU Doctor. The things you can do with computers are just mind boggling.

Also I may add, I haven't determined the long term effects on this re map yet. Might have to adjust a few things to get it reliable and to last, once I am confident in my work I will open the offer to you guys.

I will post my dyno results as soon as I possibly can for you guys, as I said im super busy re mapping ECU's for customers outside hours of my day job.

Happy Motoring :) :dance:

Pominoz 02-10-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECU_Doctor (Post 435671)
Hello everyone!

I am the ECU Doctor!

I have been experimenting with re mapping various make and model ECUs, to get maximum performance out of the factory car. I have had luck with Toyota and Chevrolet ECU's gaining about a 10-20hp gain from factory with a simple ECU remap.

I myself own a 2001 Boxster, it has been my test car. Everything on my car is bone stock, with the exception of a re mapped ECU. What is a re mapped ECU you may ask? Well I simply access the data on the ECU via a computer, change the values of the air/fuel/spark ratio and I can achieve great things (cant tell you all my secrets ;)

With the ECU remapped on my Boxster I can acheive 0-60 times in 3-3.5 seconds, thats a lot better then the 6 second stock time.

I am just trying to pass on my amazing discoveries to you! My fellow Porsche fanatics, if I get enough interest in this we can set up a group deal and get you guys running 3 second 0-60s in no time.

Thank you my friends! And happy Motoring :dance:

You don't happen to work closely with a guy called My Gearbox Is in Bits On The Road Doctor, do you?

ECU_Doctor 02-10-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pominoz (Post 435702)
You don't happen to work closely with a guy called My Gearbox Is in Bits On The Road Doctor, do you?

I can assure you that I do not! I test my work thoroughly before releasing it to the public.

I wouldn't own GP Performance if I was a hack

:dance:

iroczporsche 02-10-2015 09:43 PM

hey paul does Gio still work for you? kinda wanted to see if he could come by sometime and give me a hand with getting the maro back on the road when you guys get some time.

ECU_Doctor 02-10-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iroczporsche (Post 435704)
hey paul does Gio still work for you? kinda wanted to see if he could come by sometime and give me a hand with getting the maro back on the road when you guys get some time.

Of course Giovanni still works for me! Just give the shop a ring one of these days and we will set you up

Nine8Six 02-10-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECU_Doctor (Post 435703)
I can assure you that I do not! I test my work thoroughly before releasing it to the public.

I wouldn't own GP Performance if I was a hack

:dance:

Oh we believe you!

The S 3.2 can even be brought up to 2.9secs no problem I'm sure by doing (1)wiping off the rev limiter and (2)advancing the timing from its 10degree up to let's say 14 degrees btdc among few other tricks (30degree?!). Given you use high octane and maintain a stable engine temp, there is nothing that say it wouldn't work. Problem is the Flat6 cast materials - good luck! 'Normally' we use a combination or magnesium and titanium in our gp prototype engine assemblies - no no cheap Porsche/production cast alloys lollll

Computers are boggling things yes, gravity and bare bone physics are another :D

I'm not a doctor, nor own a gp clinic, just the guy who knows how to 'machine' god's metals to 0.005mm tolerance for various WSBK race engineers (fast mopeds, very very fast ones)

Luck with your business and research on the pcar engines, sounds good!

hemonu 02-11-2015 02:48 AM

I think 0-60 km/h in 3 seconds should be achievable ;-)

Flavor 987S 02-11-2015 03:46 AM

L
o
l
!
!
!

kk2002s 02-11-2015 03:47 AM

I'm with hemonu
It would appear you may have slowed down the Boxster's 0-60 (37.28 MPH) times
But I bet it gets better gas mileage now

If it is 60mph, I'll feel comfortable now that I won't have to worry about my IMSB.
The engine won't last long enough

ECU_Doctor are you the right hand sock puppet and iroczporsche is the left hand sock puppet?

Let the burn continue

Luv2Box 02-11-2015 03:58 AM

It can't be legal in California. Nothing but a bone stock vehicle is anymore.:ah:

Flavor 987S 02-11-2015 05:24 AM

Excluding the current 918 Spyder (2.5 secs.), there is only one car in Porsche's current line up with a 3 second 0-60 (actual is 2.9). It's the 991 Turbo S with 560 HP. They start at $183 before any options.