Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #21

Frank, I meant get a rebuilt engine and have Body and Motion install it. From the numbers thrown about here it sounds like the whole thing could run about $9,000.

I hope the court system there doesn't make you crazy. Justice can be not only blind, but deaf and stupid too!

faterikcartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #22
bmussatti

Hey Frank, any judgement yet? I hope you are on the road again soon!
Old 02-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #23

Go over to the NJ PCA FORUM and ask if anyone has experience with these type of legal proceedings. I know several shops sponsor that site and could offer assistance in installing the new engine and maybe there's a lawyer posting over there.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #24

Hi Guys,
There is a court case this Thursday so I will let you know what if anything happens.I have two uncles that are lawyers so they have been assisting me along with alot of internet research so hopefully all goes good.
Frank
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #25

Hi Everyone,
I was at the court today and I made them an offer which eventually turned into an agreement.It wasn't perfect but it's not bad. I will be paying the shop $1000.00 and my car will be put together exactly as it was when I brought it in (engine turning over,not starting).I will be picking it up Tuesday the 21st at 10:00 AM.I have spoken with three different places and believe I have decided where to take it.They will look it over and give me an estimate for different options. What should I expect to pay the new shop to put a used angine with around 30k-40k miles on it in?how about a factory rebuilt? Which way would you reccomend.
Frank
Old 02-16-2006, 12:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
Hi Everyone,
I was at the court today and I made them an offer which eventually turned into an agreement.It wasn't perfect but it's not bad. I will be paying the shop $1000.00 and my car will be put together exactly as it was when I brought it in (engine turning over,not starting).I will be picking it up Tuesday the 21st at 10:00 AM.I have spoken with three different places and believe I have decided where to take it.They will look it over and give me an estimate for different options. What should I expect to pay the new shop to put a used angine with around 30k-40k miles on it in?how about a factory rebuilt? Which way would you reccomend.
Frank
I would definitely spend the additional $'s for a new engine. The engine enchange is very favorable with Porsche NA that is why most shops just throw in a new engine.

Also since your already paying for the labor, ask how much it is for a 3.6 convertion..doesn't hurt to ask

KRZ
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #27
bmussatti

Frank, I am glad that you are making some forward progress! I sure hope you have thoroughly researched these other 3 shops for their work quality, reputation and prior customer testimonials. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #28

I am using a very good shop called Auto Tech that has been reccomended by many people and has been around for over 40 years.I have looked over all the options with the used engines and decided that chances are I could have the same problem with them.Since I plan to keep the car a long time,I am getting a factory rebuilt engine directly from porsche.I hear that the rebuilt engines go alot longer so I will hope for the best.It also comes with a 2yr/unlimited mile warranty.This all comes at a price of $11,500 plus fluids and tax.The engine was ordered friday so I hope to have it back the end of this week or some time next week depending on how long the shipping of the engine takes.