Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
So how did you deal with changing the brake bias by installing larger diameter front rotors?
I beg your pardon?

2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:20 AM   #22

I believe he's referring to the fact that increasing the front braking power, without also increasing the rear, will change the brake bias ratio toward the front. Luckily, it's probably a small shift, in the benign direction of front-heavy bias.
stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #23

double post
stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson View Post
I believe he's referring to the fact that increasing the front braking power, without also increasing the rear, will change the brake bias ratio toward the front. Luckily, it's probably a small shift, in the benign direction of front-heavy bias.
Very well. Kindly thank you for the clarification.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #25

Throughout the week parts arrived in time for me to have the GiroDisc's installed on Friday. Without further ado.

GiroDisc Front + Rear Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Thursday's delivery compliments of Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota, FL.

997 GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers

Special thank you to Road Sport Supply/Stuttgart Performance, namely Bryan for the apparel, hat + stickers!

Group shot of the parts being installed (GiroDisc 340mm Two Piece Floating Rotors, 997 GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers, GiroDisc Stainless Steel Brake Lines, + factory OEM brake pads.

Stay tuned for more!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #26
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Very nice, parts look great, and GT3 ducts can't hurt, either.

So where's that RSS sticker going? Wind deflector?

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #27

Update
November 18, 2011 - Location: German Performance Options
Vehicle - 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Parts - GiroDisc 340mm Two Piece Floating Rotorm, 997 GT3 Brake Duct Spoilers, GiroDisc Stainless Steel Brake Lines, + factory OEM brake pads.

As the title states, I pulled the trigger on a front set of GiroDisc rotors for my '03 S. Scaling in at 340mm (10mm shy of the 996 GT3) versus the factory 317 OEM rotors. They are larger and lighter, advantageous. In correspondence with the rotors, I opted for stainless steel brake lines + 997 GT3 brake duct spoilers as well. The installation occurred this past Friday at my local shop, German Performance Options in Nashville, TN. For the better part of 3 years, they have squared me away from general maintenance intervals to my KW V3's + AASCO LWFW. In sum, top notch. Good work, solid work. Onto the installation.

317mm OEM Cross Drilled Rotors (L) + 340mm GiroDisc Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors (R)

317mm OEM Cross Drilled Rotors (L) + 340mm GiroDisc Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors (R)

Progress.

Success!

Part 1
Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #28

Part 2

Old 11-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #29

Excellent! Fills up the wheel gap nicely!!!
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #30
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam View Post
Excellent! Fills up the wheel gap nicely!!!
+1

I know it is about performance, but damn, it looks good!
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #31

Did you ever end up weighing them vs. the stock rotors?

Last edited by tightbox; 03-30-2013 at 11:16 AM.
tightbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #32
Carnut

2.6 lbs. first post, first paragraph

Cartel, any updates?