Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Looking forward to this weekend when I install the CC muffler. Old Dan Gerous's life hangs in the balance....we will see....

AKL
You'll have to make your way to Monte Carlo to get me !

Attached Images

Old 06-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallonz
Took 30 mins with a lift and an experienced mechanic (he also fixed/welded an exhaust leak at my headers). Since you do not need any special tools and can do this with a jack/jack stands I would probably say an hour....all depends on how stuck the old system is (and of course your own skill )....you may need to heat the bolts to be able to remove them, otherwise there is no hardware needed...the exhausts reuses the stock clamps and mounts to the existing bracket.

I drove around in my town today and must say - with the top down and flooring it this exhaust is LOUD....I like

Sweet that's great to hear, I'm going to buy them when I get paid this friday. And I'm definately a fan of loud exhaust ( I previously owned a Mustang GT with headers and a catless X-pipe after my 944 was wrecked) so hopefully this helps solve the muted stock exhaust and let some more of that flat-6 growl out.
1983 944 (gone)
gunnersfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
You'll have to make your way to Monte Carlo to get me
Not to worry, have gun, will travel!!!!

"Me thinks, therefore me am"
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Not to worry, have gun, will travel!!!!

"Me thinks, therefore me am"

I'll setup a perimeter !
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #25

i got my charlie chan exhaust on today . it was a ******************** to get the factory exhaust out with the bumper on , ended up taking the tranny bracket off and it dropped out. my first impression of it is that it sounds decent. it is not as loud as i was expecting will see what happens when it breaks in a little. overall i'm happy with it so far.
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #26

Not much of a head on those 4 bolts right!mine has gotten deeper in the 2 days it's been on..
ocoeeboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #27

Garage
In view of all the lingering questions and concerns regarding the Charlie Chan muffler, while on top secret assignment yesterday, I decided to take a short detour and visit Mr. Chan myself. Unfortunately, he was not available, but I was able to speak with his assistants, Fook Yu and Fook Me . Despite the language barrier, I was able to glean from our discussion, is that the muffler is designed to give you "boom-boom long time" ! I'm not exactly sure what that means, but maybe it will help .
Attached Images

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 06-23-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #28

Quote:
In view of all the lingering questions and concerns regarding the Charlie Chan muffler, while on top secret assignment yesterday, I decided to take a short detour and visit Mr. Chan myself. Unfortunately, he was not available, but I was able to speak wit his assistants, Fook Yu and Fook Me . Despite the language barrier that existed, what I did glean from our discussion, is that the muffler is designed to give you "boom-boom long time" ! I'm not exactly sure what that means, but maybe it will help .

I can imagine your experience. How did you react when the "girls" asked: Hey GI, you likee Chinee muffla? What was your reward for attempting to communicate? Old age wants to know........ :dance:

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #29

Meet Jenny, Charlie's blood sister, and the guardian of my race-only clementine. Last time Jenny had to deal with a bad-mouth GI, she did him so bad with a half side kick the poor dude had to pick up his teeth with broken fingers.

She is a good girl, I like her a lot. Rest assured boyz... the end of the story is, as good as she is, she did end up feeding him his life-less tasty McDonald favourite trio with bloody chopsticks.

Ahhhh girl

madmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #30

Fully trained killa... even while rollerblading the international circuit for a change. Believe me I know (Charlie trained her like that)

Enjoy the Muffler now
Old 06-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #31

I love asian chicks !
Old 06-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Holy kimchi ! I should get some kind of an award or recognition from the Chinese Trade Union for introducing these Charlie Chan mufflers to the forum !!!
Actually, that award would have to go to Che of Deluboz, who was the first to import them, would it not?

That was a wonderful day. I remember seeing his post and being the first to respond, gaining a free set of headers and this muffler out of the deal for dyno'ing the car before and after and posting the results.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #33

Garage
Quote:
I can imagine your experience. How did you react when the "girls" asked: Hey GI, you likee Chinee muffla? What was your reward for attempting to communicate? Old age wants to know........ :dance:

AKL
They offered me some saki, along with a sensual bath ! However, since I was due back at headquarters, I had to decline .
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #34

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Actually, that award would have to go to Che of Deluboz, who was the first to import them, would it not?

That was a wonderful day. I remember seeing his post and being the first to respond, gaining a free set of headers and this muffler out of the deal for dyno'ing the car before and after and posting the results.
Yeah, at twice the price .
Old 06-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #35

i drove around a little in the rain today . it seems like the charlie chan gives a few extra beans .
Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean
I love asian chicks !
Yea man, that's right and me too Here goes your reward for sayin something nice.... Charlie will be so happy to see that finally his little sisters are fairly appreciated and getting the respect they deserve. Will give him a ring this afternoon and let him know.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #37

Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #38

Old 06-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #39

Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #40

Garage
"Johnny ... I can't see you anymore ... you're too boku" !!!!!!!!
Attached Images