Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 05:09 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
"Johnny ... I can't see you anymore ... you're too boku" !!!!!!!!
Hey Boku, when you return to earth let me know where I can get tickets for the next event. OMG! A gathering of Charlies Angels and P-cars etc. would be an event for all time. I see you have taken my advice and are "Partying ON"!!!!

Well tomorrow is the big day. We drive to Callicoon to my friends home shop and install the CC muffler. Will give you a run down on Monday how it works out. Unfortunate that it will probably be raining on the way up but Sunday looks dry, at least that is what the "accurate" weather map predicts.

AKL :dance:

'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:22 AM   #42

Garage
Callicoon, is that anywhere near Xanadu ???
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #43

Quote:
Callicoon, is that anywhere near Xanadu ???

No, it is out where Moses dropped his staff, out among em in so many words. Actually it is in Sullivan county along the Delaware river in NY state.

AKL Now about those tickets???
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
No, it is out where Moses dropped his staff, out among em in so many words. Actually it is in Sullivan county along the Delaware river in NY state.

AKL Now about those tickets???

They're still working out the details of the script, but what do you think of the title Mondo Danger ?
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 06:37 AM   #45

anybody do the charlie chan with cat delete pipes ?
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean
anybody do the charlie chan with cat delete pipes ?

Yep, did it yesterday. Stock primary cats, sensors and header with Stebro secondary cat deletes and now my new 18lb Charlie Chan muffler. SWMBO gives it the thumbs up and believe me the lady is acoustically hard to please. Muffler gives a nice low rumble sound and not the high pitched screech I was worried about. No real discernible drone that would drive us both nuts. Very pleased with the set up and between the cat deletes and new CC muffler I dropped a lot of weight in the rear of the car. I will weigh the stock muffler later and report back. Really more of a sports car sound, not quiet but that is not what I was looking for. Eric, my friend who has the 944T race car and a 996 C-4 was worried it would be too loud and I/we wouldn't like it but he says he wishes his C-4 sounded as good.

Muffler was around $300 shipped so it was well worth it. A few issues that I will later describe but nothing serious. I do not know how the hell you would change out the muffler without removing the rear bumper but some here claimed to have done it and my P-car ball cap is off to you flexible souls. Bumper removal was not hard at all and I did not lose or break anything. Be sure to feed your two license lights back through the openings before bolting up the bumper.. Ask me how I know!!!! Also I didn't lose the three pins holding the spoiler cap on this time. Having access to a home garage pro lift and loads of tools was a plus. I can't imagine rolling under the car while up on jacks but again, kudos to those who do it this way. More later

Damn trouble is I now owe the Dangerous one at least a sixpac. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited by Allen K. Littlefield; 06-26-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #47

I'm wondering if the Dangerous One also goes by the tag "Pavement". Reminds me of a gamer I used to know.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #48

Garage
Damn trouble is I now owe the Dangerous one at least a sixpac.

Do I complete you or what ! I'll take a gin fizz instead .
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #49

Quote:
Damn trouble is I now owe the Dangerous one at least a sixpac.

Do I complete you or what ! I'll take a gin fizz instead .

Fizz it iz. But ya gotta bring the dame spilling out of her dress or a reasonable facsimile..... Zoom zoom zoom or rumble rumble rumble.

AKL
Old 06-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #50

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Fizz it iz. But ya gotta bring the dame spilling out of her dress or a reasonable facsimile..... Zoom zoom zoom or rumble rumble rumble.

AKL
I can round up some of my ex-wives, and she if they can get a weekend furlough from the convent .
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #51

Quote:
I can round up some of my ex-wives, and she if they can get a weekend furlough from the convent .

Dear Mr. Dangerous, you are a sick puppy but I luv ya anyway!

Just loving that new exhaust sound and will head out later for a joy run just to listen to the rumble.

AKL
Old 06-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #52

Here is my car with the exhaust on, the headers are coming tomorrow and Ill make another video after I throw those on. I think the exhaust sounds pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzXYJhfU2Oo
Penland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 AM   #53

Garage
I should be getting my first commission from Charlie any day now !
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #54
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
nice clip, Penland. That sounds pretty nice, not at all annoying.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penland
Here is my car with the exhaust on, the headers are coming tomorrow and Ill make another video after I throw those on. I think the exhaust sounds pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzXYJhfU2Oo

That is what mine sounds like. Not annoying at all. Thanks for the video.

AKL
Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #56
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
So am I wrong in assuming that this exhaust will sound the same as Che's from Top Speed, or is there something about this one that it doesn't sound quite the same as Che's?

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
So am I wrong in assuming that this exhaust will sound the same as Che's from Top Speed, or is there something about this one that it doesn't sound quite the same as Che's?

Probably the same muffler but I have never heard one close up.

AKL
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #58

Garage
AKL, Do you have the link to where you purchased your muffler from?
2003 model taillights
bobdogwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #59

Took the plunge

After reading good reviews here and watching some YouTube video I took the plunge and got me the Charlie Chan muffler. $299 with shipping on ebay; 3 days later it was on my door. Just had it installed and must say that I'm joining the buy Johnny Danger a beer group. Luv it. Much deeper sound and just the right loudness. Learning something new every day off this forum; thanks for all for posting pics and especially the video's so I could hear the difference from stock muffler.
houstoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #60

Garage
I can't believe it, I've been invited to the Chinese Embassy for a PU PU platter !
Attached Images