Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #41

I dont expect the car to be "comfortable" I am completely happy with the ride now, I am going to tighten it up a little more today to see how that plays out.

Do the lambos and such have different ride heights in the US vs the rest of the world?
Dont Porsche ride higher here? Does it have to do with our headlight height regulations? Or some other archaic law?

Back on subject....
AS of today I will say that I recommend Ksport coilovers for our cars. They need to be set up and tweaked to make them perform at their best.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #42

K-sport? I thought I read that you had KW V2's such as I? Anyway I've heard a lot of people talk trash about those Korean made coilovers. How ever I was never swayed by the remarks because they were always by people that had never had or used them 1st hand. I personally won't comment on something I have not tried. How many miles do you typically put on your car? I would suggest if your happy with them and remain happy with them you post updates on how they are doing. I would personally be happy to hear. The only account that I know 1st hand was my friends dads Supra 1100 hp about a ($80-90k car) had them put on by a very reputable shop in AZ, (the shop that basically built the car.) His dad took them off and said "those kind of things weren't going to be put on his car." (They put it on during the build, I'd guess if this shop even tried to use them they are decent to say the least.) After he had some sort of "pillow mount problems." I don't know what was put on after the K-sport, or the complete diagnosis of the problem. Just that some metal on metal rubbing? Please let us or me know how they do. I like to stay informed with products. Thanks. Happy to hear they are working better.
(www.myspace.com/tcechelon)
mn box s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #43

DO you guys think softening the springs will help with the "porpoising" I am getting?[/QUOTE]

Just a thought, your porpoising may be from the flex you are getting as the result of removing your center support where your inter-cooler now sits. As stiff as your suspension is set at, I really don't see how your car would be porpoising. It may be that as your car dips and the shocks are stiff, your actual suspension arms are flexing since there is no support to keep them together. Just a thought...
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxs2000
DO you guys think softening the springs will help with the "porpoising" I am getting?
Just a thought, your porpoising may be from the flex you are getting as the result of removing your center support where your inter-cooler now sits. As stiff as your suspension is set at, I really don't see how your car would be porpoising. It may be that as your car dips and the shocks are stiff, your actual suspension arms are flexing since there is no support to keep them together. Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

Very possible, i have a complete set of bars on their way to me. it may be two weeks until i can get them on.

After driving the car more today the problem may be solved. I went over a few dips on the road today that normally would create the unsettled feeling today the car did not give me the impression i was launching into the air.

i am going to tweek it a little more tomorrow with my new found knowledge of boxster suspensions and will report back shortly.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn box s
K-sport? I thought I read that you had KW V2's such as I? Anyway I've heard a lot of people talk trash about those Korean made coilovers. How ever I was never swayed by the remarks because they were always by people that had never had or used them 1st hand. I personally won't comment on something I have not tried. How many miles do you typically put on your car? I would suggest if your happy with them and remain happy with them you post updates on how they are doing. I would personally be happy to hear. The only account that I know 1st hand was my friends dads Supra 1100 hp about a ($80-90k car) had them put on by a very reputable shop in AZ, (the shop that basically built the car.) His dad took them off and said "those kind of things weren't going to be put on his car." (They put it on during the build, I'd guess if this shop even tried to use them they are decent to say the least.) After he had some sort of "pillow mount problems." I don't know what was put on after the K-sport, or the complete diagnosis of the problem. Just that some metal on metal rubbing? Please let us or me know how they do. I like to stay informed with products. Thanks. Happy to hear they are working better.

prior to my purchase I heard alot of good reviews about ksports from the japanesse car guys. Yes i guess I have a rice suspension on my german car.

I will keep you informed on my impressions of the coilovers as time passes.
I normally put 500 miles or so a week on my car.

There are a few other board members with ksports on their cars and love them.
maybe they will chime in with their impressions also.

thanks for all of your help,