Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_d
John - Good luck at Devens! (at least I thougt it was your name for this weeks event )
Thanks. We are really looking forward to Devens - they put together some great courses last year and we're finally starting to figure the car out.

John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V
If you guys really want a challenge, sign up for the SCCA Milwaukee National Tour. My co-driver and I are signed up and can't wait for the long tow out there. I cut my teeth autocrossing in the Milwaukee region back in 1997-1999 and several of the country's top A Stock drivers (including the 1-2 finishers at Nats in 2006) will be competing at the Tour. Should be fun.

Hope to see some other Boxsters out there, even if not competing. Miller park isn't too much of a drive from Chi-town.
We haven't been to Milwaukee yet this season, but I did run 3 times last year and agree that there are some fantastic drivers, particularly the one in the older red Corvette. I can't compare last year to this year because I was new to the Boxster and didn't have R compounds. Let me know when you'll be in Milwaukee and maybe we can meet up for an event?
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
We haven't been to Milwaukee yet this season, but I did run 3 times last year and agree that there are some fantastic drivers, particularly the one in the older red Corvette. I can't compare last year to this year because I was new to the Boxster and didn't have R compounds. Let me know when you'll be in Milwaukee and maybe we can meet up for an event?
We arrive thursday the 5th of July late - planning to do the warmup event Friday at Miller Park and Friday night coursewalks. The only other plans I have are to visit Kopp's in Glendale and stop at Sprecher for a case of root beer.

Saturday and Sunday are pretty much all competition, and we're leaving Monday AM for the long haul back. If you make it up to the event do stop by and say hi. We have the yellow "S" with Maryland tags.

The guy with the older red Corvette is the current A Stock national champion. Steve Wynveen (2nd at nats last year) will be there in his yellow S2000 as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #24

Quote:
We arrive thursday the 5th of July late - planning to do the warmup event Friday at Miller Park and Friday night coursewalks. The only other plans I have are to visit Kopp's in Glendale and stop at Sprecher for a case of root beer.

Saturday and Sunday are pretty much all competition, and we're leaving Monday AM for the long haul back. If you make it up to the event do stop by and say hi. We have the yellow "S" with Maryland tags.

The guy with the older red Corvette is the current A Stock national champion. Steve Wynveen (2nd at nats last year) will be there in his yellow S2000 as well.
Yup, I know who the guy in the Corvette is.

I'm not sure if I can make it that weekend but I'll check my schedule and PM you if I can make it.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #25

Well, luck didn't prevail. I was dirty as hell both days and ended up having to backpedal to get a clean run each day. Considering essentially no real seat time in the car this year, I'm pretty happy. My raw times would have given me the win but Chris kept it fast and clean and took a deserved win.

http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/File/Devens%20Sunday%20Preliminary.pdf
Old 06-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Well, luck didn't prevail. I was dirty as hell both days and ended up having to backpedal to get a clean run each day. Considering essentially no real seat time in the car this year, I'm pretty happy. My raw times would have given me the win but Chris kept it fast and clean and took a deserved win.

http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/File/Devens%20Sunday%20Preliminary.pdf
Interesting, not sure if I know how to read those results. Does that say that, out of three runs, Chris beat you by 1.4 seconds overall? Why are there two rows of data per driver?

Glad to see you finished well – who can’t root for a team endorsed by Captain Kirk?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
Interesting, not sure if I know how to read those results. Does that say that, out of three runs, Chris beat you by 1.4 seconds overall? Why are there two rows of data per driver?

Glad to see you finished well – who can’t root for a team endorsed by Captain Kirk?

Iam not 100%, but given the dates at the top, it was a two day event, 3 runs on each day for a total time difference of 1.4 seconds over 2 days and 2 courses.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #28

Quote:

The autocrossing world is a small one. Think I know at least 10 people on that list.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #29

Quote:

Yes, each row represents one day of competition. Three runs per day. The best run from Saturday is added to the best run from Sunday to get the total time.

Each time that is listed "+1" has a two second penalty added to it. So a 57.112+1 is a 55.112 raw time, plus one cone, equals 57.112
kenkamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkamm
Yes, each row represents one day of competition. Three runs per day. The best run from Saturday is added to the best run from Sunday to get the total time.

Each time that is listed "+1" has a two second penalty added to it. So a 57.112+1 is a 55.112 raw time, plus one cone, equals 57.112
Ahh, thank you for the clarification.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:08 AM   #31

Videos from Devens are up. http://www.teamwtf.org/