Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2020, 04:08 AM   #1

What are you doing during quarantine (Cont.)

I have to vent:

My roof project was shut down midway because it's not "life-sustaining" work.

But Rump's border wall continues:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/03/new-border-wall-us-mexico-imperil-jaguars-other-animals/

I've got news for you, Rump: COVID-19 didn't come from the Southern Border, F*&khead! F&%K You, Rump!

**End of rant**

P.S. For clarification, I'm not mad at him because my roof project was shut down. I'm mad because amid all this, he continues to build his precious, useless little wall. Which WE ARE PAYING FOR, not Mexico!

Last edited by piper6909; 03-31-2020 at 04:30 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:30 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Do you even have a Boxster, or are you just here to b*tch and regurgitate the hard work and advice of others (incorrectly, half of the time, I might add)?

Thanks for contributing to the downfall of this forum. People like you are why I don’t bother helping much, anymore.
Why don’t you take your political BS and bugger off?
Seriously. Get. Lost.
Attached Images
File Type: png 459A2105-0F27-467B-A0E2-2684A694A17C.png (97.6 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by particlewave; 03-31-2020 at 04:34 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Do you even have a Boxster, or are you just here to b*tch and regurgitate the hard work and advice of others (incorrectly, half of the time, I might add)?

Why don’t you take your political BS and bugger off?
Seriously. Get. Lost.
If you ignored me, why are you commenting on my posts?

My post is appropriate under "off topic discussions" and it's appropriate for the times, so if you don't like it, read something else. You can't tell me or anyone else what to post here.

If you don't like it, move on.

Last edited by piper6909; 03-31-2020 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:46 AM   #4
Custom User Title Here

Garage
You know what men do?
Men take responsibility for their own actions.
Men work hard to build a better life for their families and to change things that they perceive as wrong.

Men don’t obsess about other men.
Men don’t sit around and b*tch and complain.
Men don’t blame others for their own failings.
That’s lady stuff, lady.

I don’t know what you said and I do not care.
I’m sure it was some type of b*tching.
See how predictable you are? You should fix that.
Attached Images
File Type: png 070BC9CE-6CC4-4695-9631-08702BFF7A26.png (96.0 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by particlewave; 03-31-2020 at 04:49 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
You know what men do?
Men take responsibility for their own actions.
Men work hard to build a better life for their families and to change things that they perceive as wrong.

That’s lady stuff, lady.

I don’t know what you said and I do not care.
I’m sure it was some type of b*tching.
See how predictable you are? You should fix that.
There you go again, commenting on my posts that you ignored! HAHA ! think about that for a minute!

That’s lady stuff, lady.

What you just said there is EXACTLY how Rump is acting. To a T! I'm glad you're starting to see him for who he really is!
Old 03-31-2020, 06:00 AM   #6
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
@Piper
Even this Off Topic section should be non-confrontational. Not a place to post things which are bound to incite others. If you aren't mature enough to realize that what you are posting is objectionable, please note the objections of people who respond and stop. Just stop.
*PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION* Forum rules and guidelines

Political discussions here on the 986Forum aren't going to change anyone's mind about politics. They will just cause more discord. If you need to push your beliefs on others or shore up your insecurities, please find another forum to do it. There are plenty out there.

Last edited by 78F350; 03-31-2020 at 06:33 AM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:10 AM   #7

Garage
I am with "PW".
I read this forum because I share our common interest in the 986, not other topics...
So, Piper, off to the Ignore list for you!
BOOTLEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLEG View Post
I am with "PW".
I read this forum because I share our common interest in the 986, not other topics...
So, Piper, off to the Ignore list for you!
Again, "off topic" discussions. And it was just a rant because everything is shut down except for his wall.

No sweat off my back if you want to ignore me. Bye Felicia!
Old 03-31-2020, 06:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
@Piper
Even this Off Topic section should be non-confrontational. Not a place to post things which are bound to incite others. If you aren't mature enough to realize that what you are posting is objectionable, please note the objections of people who respond and stop. Just stop.
*PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION* Forum rules and guidelines

Political discussions here on the 986Forum aren't going to change anyone's mind about politics. They will just cause more discord. If you need to push your beliefs on others or shore up your insecurities, please find another forum to do it. There are plenty out there.

Again, "off topic" discussions. And it was just a rant because everything is shut down except for his wall.

A lot of stuff on here is "objectionable" but I don't tell anyone not to post it. I either respond or read something else. That's the "mature" thing to do. I don't whine about it.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:23 AM   #10
Who's askin'?

When I was a kid, (7 or 8 yrs old) I had a neighbor who, looking back, was clearly "special needs". We didn't know it then, 'cuz we were kids and 'cuz autism wasn't something people understood. We just knew we were expected to include him every time we got together to play.

He wasn't particularly tall or athletic, but he liked to play basketball. That was his favorite thing to do. So we'd indulge him from time to time.

The problem was, the way he played was to take the ball from whomever had it. He didn't dribble it, he didn't understand personal fouls, he didn't understand any of it; He just took the ball and then waddled straight for the basket to shoot. And when one of us would get the rebound, he'd grab at us and shriek until we gave it back to him so he could shoot it again.
Well, you can imagine it didn't take long for the game to lose interest to the rest of us.

Perhaps one of the funnest parts was years later when his mother thanked us for playing. It seems he invariably went home and told his mother that he had beat all of us in basketball. We didn't even really consider what we were doing to BE basketball, yet he thought he was winning, every time.

Problem though, is that it really was no fun for us, and it didn't take many years before we all quit showing-up to those "basketball games". We also found we didn't want him to come play any of the OTHER games with us either. We'd ride our bikes past his driveway and see him standing there, wondering why we wouldn't come play with him any longer. As a child, I'd feel this mild pang in my conscience; as an adult it's a larger pang. But at the time, not understanding his disability, we all thought he'd just done this to himself. He'd disabused all of the people who would allow him to indulge his fantasy that he was "winning", to the point that none would play any longer.

Those with ears to hear, let them hear.

Last edited by maytag; 03-31-2020 at 07:27 AM.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
When I was a kid, (7 or 8 yrs old) I had a neighbor who, looking back, was clearly "special needs". We didn't know it then, 'cuz we were kids and 'cuz autism wasn't something people understood. We just knew we were expected to include him every time we got together to play.

He wasn't particularly tall or athletic, but he liked to play basketball. That was his favorite thing to do. So we'd indulge him from time to time.

The problem was, the way he played was to take the ball from whomever had it. He didn't dribble it, he didn't understand personal fouls, he didn't understand any of it; He just took the ball and then waddled straight for the basket to shoot. And when one of us would get the rebound, he'd grab at us and shriek until we gave it back to him so he could shoot it again.
Well, you can imagine it didn't take long for the game to lose interest to the rest of us.

Perhaps one of the funnest parts was years later when his mother thanked us for playing. It seems he invariably went home and told his mother that he had beat all of us in basketball. We didn't even really consider what we were doing to BE basketball, yet he thought he was winning, every time.

Problem though, is that it really was no fun for us, and it didn't take many years before we all quit showing-up to those "basketball games". We also found we didn't want him to come play any of the OTHER games with us either. We'd ride our bikes past his driveway and see him standing there, wondering why we wouldn't come play with him any longer. As a child, I'd feel this mild pang in my conscience; as an adult it's a larger pang. But at the time, not understanding his disability, we all thought he'd just done this to himself. He'd disabused all of the people who would allow him to indulge his fantasy that he was "winning", to the point that none would play any longer.

Those with ears to hear, let them hear.
I see what you did there.

BTW, I hope your brother feels better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:26 PM   #12

I have been reading and thinking about new projects. This time has been good for me to get things in order and decide what I want to do and what I want to left.

Last edited by glionameghan; 01-30-2024 at 04:01 AM.
glionameghan is offline   Reply With Quote