Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019, 04:14 AM   #101
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
I did not even read the posts on this topic. Political discussion does not belong here. There are plenty of other places to opine. I am surprised the moderator didn’t nip this in the bud. I respect others opinions, but not here when it comes to personal political views. Please address this someplace else where it is welcomed. Thanks.
Then go somewhere else. This is the general discussion part of the forum.

Yeah, moderators, lol. They're more interested in selling cheap watches and allowing spam posts.

Next time: Read.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Yeah, you're showing your age. I said illegal aliens. Illegal. Aliens. Scourge and scum.

10,000 lies is nothing compareed to the blues. You know what they say: How can you tell an attorney is lying? His mouth is open.

What? You only count in red?

Cheers!
Scourge & Scum? You really shouldn't talk about the first family that way, but I agree with you!

Seriously, dehumanizing a group of people seeking refuge from hunger, violence, or just seeking a better life for their families doesn't help anyone, especially your own argument.

Unless you're native American, we're all aliens and our founders were illegal aliens.

Besides, aliens legal or otherwise, as Perfectlap so eloquently pointed out, are good for our economy. They do the work we refuse to do.

Yes, politicians lie. But Rumpy is in a class all his own. He's a con-man and there were warning signs everywhere. The stories of the contractors he stiffed, and as a contractor, that hits home for me. The fake university, the real estate deals where he stiffed investors of millions, and so on and so on. And last, but not least, the MAGA dunce caps he sells that are MADE IN CHINA!

Blues lie? How many times did Obama lie to you? But we already went through that. Scroll down.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:09 AM   #103
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Seriously, dehumanizing a group of people seeking refuge from hunger, violence, or just seeking a better life for their families doesn't help anyone, especially your own argument.
LOL. Dehumanizing? Are you blind? ILLEGAL aliens. You know, it's in the news. I'm fine with the proper-channel applicants.

LOL. The jobs we don't want to do? You're still buying that narrative? Absent that scourge you just watch how many Americans would step to the plate.

I suppose a program to employ the chronic homeless couldn't fill those "jobs Americans don't want to do" isn't in the cards.

I hear Venezuala is nice this time of year.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #104

Quote:
LOL. Dehumanizing? Are you blind? ILLEGAL aliens. You know, it's in the news. I'm fine with the proper-channel applicants.

LOL. The jobs we don't want to do? You're still buying that narrative? Absent that scourge you just watch how many Americans would step to the plate.

I suppose a program to employ the chronic homeless couldn't fill those "jobs Americans don't want to do" isn't in the cards.

I hear Venezuala is nice this time of year.
YES. Dehumanizing. You called them scourge and scum. They are, by definition, not illegal when they come in for asylum. I'd share my house with some of them over some MAGA dunce-cap racist, nazi, bigot any day.

I'm not saying that you are one of them, and I try not to get personal, but you have problems. When you call an entire population that you know nothing about "scourge and scum", you have problems. I'm not a psych so I don't know if it's xenophobia, anger, hatred, self-loathing, or what. But I'll leave it at that.

Regarding Rump, I actually voted for him. I'm one of those so-called Obama - Trump voters. I overlooked a lot of his loathsome behavior and comments because I thought, "What could it hurt?" and "Minnesota tried Jesse Ventura, they recovered OK." Time to throw a wrench in the works and try something new. I made a grave mistake.

Not a day goes by that I'm sick to my stomach over it. Sometimes every minute of the day. For all his lying and posturing, I never believed that he didn't love America. I never thought he had dictatorship tendencies. But now I know that he loves nothing but himself. He would destroy America to save his hide. And he's demonstrating it every day. I see the reincarnation of Mussolini in this guy. And to think I was one of the voters that helped him win PA. It is probably one of the most regrettable things I've done in my life.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #105
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
YES. Dehumanizing. You called them scourge and scum. They are, by definition, not illegal when they come in for asylum. I'd share my house with some of them over some MAGA dunce-cap racist, nazi, bigot any day.

I'm not saying that you are one of them, and I try not to get personal, but you have problems. When you call an entire population that you know nothing about "scourge and scum", you have problems. I'm not a psych so I don't know if it's xenophobia, anger, hatred, self-loathing, or what. But I'll leave it at that.

Regarding Rump, I actually voted for him. I'm one of those so-called Obama - Trump voters. I overlooked a lot of his loathsome behavior and comments because I thought, "What could it hurt?" and "Minnesota tried Jesse Ventura, they recovered OK." Time to throw a wrench in the works and try something new. I made a grave mistake.

Not a day goes by that I'm sick to my stomach over it. Sometimes every minute of the day. For all his lying and posturing, I never believed that he didn't love America. I never thought he had dictatorship tendencies. But now I know that he loves nothing but himself. He would destroy America to save his hide. And he's demonstrating it every day. I see the reincarnation of Mussolini in this guy. And to think I was one of the voters that helped him win PA. It is probably one of the most regrettable things I've done in my life.
Now you're losing cred.

They are illegal when they don't seek that shelter at the first country they pass through. So, enough of that BS. Those that get in line... the proper channels... I'm good with that. Unfettered, dig under/climb over that border? Yeah, **************** that.

Yes, I'm the one with the problem. The problem is I'm tired of paying for their ****************, and I'm not alone in that regards. Trump's approval rating is incredible. Further, it's becoming clearer everytime you open your mouth YOU'RE the one who wants to put America second. You're begining to sound like that traitor Obama. The scourge with which you'd rather concern yourself, than Americans, make the news everyday. You know: murder, rape, and robbery. I'll say it: You're the sick-minded one pal. I don't really know you so, please, don't take that personal.

That time to throw a wrench in it long has passed, and Trump already introduced it. The liberal voters had become so immune... so numb to the decade-after-decade regurgitation of political doublespeak the liberals were lapping it up like pablum. And they want more! Even as adults they're still feeding on that tiny spoon. LIberals couldn't wipe their own ass without first making sure there was a regulation to be certain they were doing it right. If it isn't regulated... if there isn't a tax on it... it's ripe for the picking. Didn't the Trump win illustrate for you that the majority of Americans are tired of the decades-long same old-same old?

Yes. Scourge and scum. I won't waver on that. The jobs an American won't do? That position only goes so far. I've never had an illegal work for me. Even if it was an American that cost me more... I absorbed, or passed along that cost. I made it work. Maybe the libs should work on advancing e-verify if their panties are so bunched up. Me thinks there are are more than a few of them that, too, skirt that "law".

As much as a ****************up Trump can be, anything... anything is better than having another Clinton in the house. Truly the liberals are a bunch of dunces. They simply don't have the intelligence to admit it. They can't be wrong. Crybabies. Heaven forbid another dumb, er, dem lands in the house.

You can sound like a very smart person. Likely you live in a gated community, upper-middle class, have money to burn (or aren't paying attention to where it really goes, or don't care), are age 35-42, and have zero clue of what the "general" public faces everyday. Tell me I'm wrong. I'll admit that defeat.

Again, I didn't vote for Trump. Wouldn't vote for another Clinton, least of all Hillary. I don't wear a MAGA hat. Grave mistake? No. You made the better choice. Prepare yourself for another term.

I'm glad that we can share a love of the 986, and would hope that aside from our differing political views and positions, you'd still help me by offering advice when I run into a mechanical problem.

Have a good evening, Sir.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #106

Quote:
Now you're losing cred.

They are illegal when they don't seek that shelter at the first country they pass through. So, enough of that BS. Those that get in line... the proper channels... I'm good with that. Unfettered, dig under/climb over that border? Yeah, **************** that.

Yes, I'm the one with the problem. The problem is I'm tired of paying for their ****************, and I'm not alone in that regards. Trump's approval rating is incredible. Further, it's becoming clearer everytime you open your mouth YOU'RE the one who wants to put America second. You're begining to sound like that traitor Obama. The scourge with which you'd rather concern yourself, than Americans, make the news everyday. You know: murder, rape, and robbery. I'll say it: You're the sick-minded one pal. I don't really know you so, please, don't take that personal.

That time to throw a wrench in it long has passed, and Trump already introduced it. The liberal voters had become so immune... so numb to the decade-after-decade regurgitation of political doublespeak the liberals were lapping it up like pablum. And they want more! Even as adults they're still feeding on that tiny spoon. LIberals couldn't wipe their own ass without first making sure there was a regulation to be certain they were doing it right. If it isn't regulated... if there isn't a tax on it... it's ripe for the picking. Didn't the Trump win illustrate for you that the majority of Americans are tired of the decades-long same old-same old?

Yes. Scourge and scum. I won't waver on that. The jobs an American won't do? That position only goes so far. I've never had an illegal work for me. Even if it was an American that cost me more... I absorbed, or passed along that cost. I made it work. Maybe the libs should work on advancing e-verify if their panties are so bunched up. Me thinks there are are more than a few of them that, too, skirt that "law".

As much as a ****************up Trump can be, anything... anything is better than having another Clinton in the house. Truly the liberals are a bunch of dunces. They simply don't have the intelligence to admit it. They can't be wrong. Crybabies. Heaven forbid another dumb, er, dem lands in the house.

You can sound like a very smart person. Likely you live in a gated community, upper-middle class, have money to burn (or aren't paying attention to where it really goes, or don't care), are age 35-42, and have zero clue of what the "general" public faces everyday. Tell me I'm wrong. I'll admit that defeat.

Again, I didn't vote for Trump. Wouldn't vote for another Clinton, least of all Hillary. I don't wear a MAGA hat. Grave mistake? No. You made the better choice. Prepare yourself for another term.

I'm glad that we can share a love of the 986, and would hope that aside from our differing political views and positions, you'd still help me by offering advice when I run into a mechanical problem.

Like I said, "I'll leave it at that."
Old 05-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #107

I guess I'll blame Trump for responding to this thread.

Last edited by dghii; 05-10-2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: edit
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
I guess I'll blame Trump for responding to this thread.
HAHA! Good one!

I actually think the thread should continue and there are good discussions to be made.

I just had to nip in the bud the dehumanization of an entire group of people. I needed to call it out. Time and again history shows us what happens when a group of people is dehumanized and the rest of us just stand idly by.

I'd love to continue the conversation about Rump though.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:08 AM   #109
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Now you're losing cred.

Huh.... I backed ot off this thread because I found myself getting all wound-up in replies I would type and then delete, Haha.
But I lurk a bit.

I gotta admit though: I find almost NOTHING in this quoted post that I don't agree 100% with. I'm sorry guys, I would rarely be so blunt, but he's called it all out correctly.
With perhaps one exception: the idea that being illegal makes one scourge and scum is something I balk at. But those people in ther caravans, breaking international asylum law by walking across multiple countries to get to this once.... yeah: Scourge.
And being here illegally is absolutely a "gateway crime", meaning it leads to more and more crime. Not for all, but for many. It's the natural extension of their chosen path. So yeah: many become scum. (Do not misunderstand: being illegal doesn't make one scum. But when that illegal status then leads them to crime because they can't work legally, that's a problem. Or they'r here illegally sho they can hide while they practice their deviancies yeah, I got a problem.

But I am 100% in favor of making legal status more accessible.... for those who seek it properly. I have no problem with those who come to participate in a great America.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:20 AM   #110
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
HAHA! Good one!

I actually think the thread should continue and there are good discussions to be made.

I just had to nip in the bud the dehumanization of an entire group of people. I needed to call it out. Time and again history shows us what happens when a group of people is dehumanized and the rest of us just stand idly by.

I'd love to continue the conversation about Rump though.
Nip it in the bud? You think you're in charge? lol. I see right through your house of cards.

Again you reveal yourself to be a small-minded person. Clearly you lack intelligence.

Rump? You have zero class.

At least properly I assign the loser names: Clinton.

Have a nice morning. I'm going out to tool on the rides.

Next.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #111

Quote:
"No BS approach"?? HAHA! Every other word out of his mouth is BS!

Over 10,000 documented lies and counting since taking office.

He makes Joe Isuzu like Honest Abe!

Remember Joe Isuzu or am I showing my age?
Actually I think your showing your IQ 🙄
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Actually I think your showing your IQ 🙄
Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between "you're" and "your" LMAO!
Old 05-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #113

Quote:
Rump? You have zero class.
His real name is Drumpf. They changed it. R-U-M-P is the only part of his real name that remains. Rump. I find it rather fitting.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #114

10,000 documented lies....
Is this over or under the normal amount of lies for a typical politician?
What's the Mendoza line for lies?
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #115
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Under. Waaaaaaaay under.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #116
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between "you're" and "your" LMAO!
Piper6909, American English is my 2nd language. Would you like me to go through and start red-lining your posts? You have plenty, PLENTY of grammatical and spelling errors.
Don't throw rocks when you're in a glass house.
In today's age of voice to text, and predictive text, you should give much more allowance for minor spelling errors.

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #117

Garage
Quote:
10,000 documented lies....
What's the Mendoza line for lies?
Yeah, the social engineers have done a great job of polarizing the populace as evidenced by this thread. They have us arguing with each other when our ire should be directed at the lying politicians who are all playing the long game while their common agenda keeps moving forward regardless of which party is in power.

If voting led to any real changes it would be made illegal.
2004 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition, #1541,Tip, TechnoFix DOF IMSB upgrade
SC-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Piper6909, American English is my 2nd language. Would you like me to go through and start red-lining your posts? You have plenty, PLENTY of grammatical and spelling errors.
In today's age of voice to text, and predictive text, you should give much more allowance for minor spelling errors.

Hey its OK, catching that error was about the only thing he's gotten right in this thread. Let him enjoy himself. It will give him somthing to brag about at the next liberal circle-jerk he attends. He probably doesn't get a chance to brag much.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #119

Garage
Quote:
Then go somewhere else. This is the general discussion part of the forum.

Yeah, moderators, lol. They're more interested in selling cheap watches and allowing spam posts.

Next time: Read.
General discussions of the Porsche Boxster.
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
General discussions of the Porsche Boxster.
Actually it doesn't say that. Current events is mentioned tho ��

This is an off topic forum. Jokes, current events, sports etc...

Last edited by JBauer; 05-11-2019 at 01:37 PM.