Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #1

Question 03 boxster computer problems

How many computers under driver seat in a porsche 03 boxster S. My cluster lights are always on and draining my battery and the gauges not working, also the top is not opening, looks like the switch is not working, neither the heating or air conditioner. I have two computers under the driver seat, one looks like somebody was working on(I bought the car knowing that was a electrical problem, with dash not working), could somebody tell me the name of those computers or the numbers, please? any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

carlosnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #2

Garage
There should only be one under the drivers seat it is the immobiliser 99661826203 for a 2003 2004
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #3

Hi, Thanks for the replay
It is another one, I think that is for the heating seat and another things. It has a lot of connectors. My problem is the top is not working, the passenger window, heating and the dash in on all the time, so is draining the battery. I know how the immobilizer, but this one is larger and has more connectors than the immobilizer. It looks like an Italian bread, like a flute. Maybe I need to take a picture and post it.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #4

Garage
Sound like some one did something non-spec. There is a relay attached to the seat bottom for the heated seats about 1-1/2" square by 2" on my 2003 and the immobilser, which is attached to the floor panel nothing else under drivers seat. A picture may help, unless it is someones attempt to bypass the immobiliser.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
Old 11-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #5

I will take a picture and will post it, after I get home. I disconnected the box from all the plugs and the dash stayed on, heat, top, and passenger window not working. Thanks
Old 11-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #6

I took these pictures to see if somebody can help me to identify this part. Is connected under the driver`s seat. I have a electrical problem, dash always on, not heat or air conditioner, the top is not working, could be this part the problem? the number on the part is: 996 618 587 03

Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #7

Garage
Lear makes the seats, so I'm sure it is seat related. I'm guessing the immobilizer was wet at one time which started the electrical problems, & is the reason the car was sold.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #8

Thanks Byprovider
The engine and transmission are working without any problem. So if the immobilizer get wet, the car does not turn, am I right or could be bad and still the car can run? I am driving the car and has not issue besides the electrical problem with the top and some components in the dash, like the heat and air conditioner. Also the seat belt stuck and I can not pull it out. So the part that I show in the pictures has nothing to do with my problems? I found the part in PET diagram and it said that is the control unit. Thanks in advance for your help
Old 11-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosnolasco View Post
Thanks Byprovider
The engine and transmission are working without any problem. So if the immobilizer get wet, the car does not turn, am I right or could be bad and still the car can run? I am driving the car and has not issue besides the electrical problem with the top and some components in the dash, like the heat and air conditioner. Also the seat belt stuck and I can not pull it out. So the part that I show in the pictures has nothing to do with my problems? I found the part in PET diagram and it said that is the control unit. Thanks in advance for your help
I could be wrong, I thought your engine was bad also. Ignition switches are known to go bad & cause multiple electric problems.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #10

Garage
The unit in the picture is the seat memory control unit. The seat had memory for several different drivers and by selecting the saved setting the seat would position itself for that person. There should be 4 buttons on the door sill between the front and rear trunk open switches.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #11

That what I thought, but I was not sure if that was part of the problem. Also I replaced the electrical part of the switch and nothing changed, so maybe I need to replace the complete key switch. What else do I need to look around for this problem? I checked all the fuses and they looked ok.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #12

Garage
I think there is a way you might be able to re-vitalize the circuit board. I think I saw something on Pedros Board where you soak in a solution to clean the circuit board. I had water issuse but fortuantely the module was replaced before I bought the car. also my fuses were all corroded so I replaced them all.