Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Announcements > New Member Introductions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13
Garage
My New Boxster

So I've already posted a couple of questions on the forum, so here's a picture of what I brought home the other day.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  125.9 KB
__________________
Danny
___________

1999 Triple Black Boxster
2004 Volvo XC 90 (5-Kid Carrier)
1stBlkBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
WV Boxster
 
wvboxst3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 251
Garage
love black when its clean. enjoy the car then enjoy the wash. I bought on how I liked the color and now I am enjoying the washing. it is my DD.
__________________
If your not LIVIN now, then when?
wvboxst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13
Garage
Yeah, I've never owned a black car before and with my OCD about something being clean, this will definitely be a challenge for me. I had my micro-fiber towel out yesterday wiping all the dust off of the car. I can tell it's going to be challenging for me because this car looks so good clean.
__________________
Danny
___________

1999 Triple Black Boxster
2004 Volvo XC 90 (5-Kid Carrier)
1stBlkBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Registered User
 
jsceash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,381
Garage
Mine is black also. There is nothing sharper than a well polished Black Boxster. You have a nice Boxster enjoy.
__________________
2003 Boxster 3.6 LN Nickies Black
NHP exhaust, 987 Intake, IPD Plenum, 74 MM Throtle body, L&N Pan Extension, L&N IMS, RSS Underdrive pulley, Recaro Pole Position seats, Accusump, Remote filter, Softronics Flashed ECU, GSR electric power steering pump Kit. GT3 control arm, KSport coil overs
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Theoretical propagandist
 
Eric G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 793
Garage
Damn sexy machine right there! Congratulations...welcome to your newest addiction.
__________________
When life throws you curves, aim for the apex...
Eric G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13
Garage
You aren't lying EricG. Every time I walk through the garage and see it I almost have to pinch myself because I'm still having a hard time believing I finally own one!
__________________
Danny
___________

1999 Triple Black Boxster
2004 Volvo XC 90 (5-Kid Carrier)
1stBlkBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 332
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stBlkBoxster View Post
Yeah, I've never owned a black car before and with my OCD about something being clean, this will definitely be a challenge for me. I had my micro-fiber towel out yesterday wiping all the dust off of the car. I can tell it's going to be challenging for me because this car looks so good clean.
A quick tip... Go buy a Clay Bar kit. Wash your car. Use the clay bar. Use a good polish. (Usually just a swirl mark remover and light cut polish will work). Then use a Turtle Wax Black Box kit on it! I usually add a nice, some what expensive, layer of clear wax over the top of all of this!

After this be sure to take a good step back and a ton of pictures.... Because it will look absolutely beatiful :P (And feel like a dream....) And then buy a show brush, well thats what I call them. They're just brushes used to dust off cars. This will keep your beautiful car just as beautiful

Congrats on the purchase! And enjoy it (Just thought I'd give you a good weekend project :P)
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
Registered User
 
nieuwhzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 296
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
A quick tip... Go buy a Clay Bar kit. Wash your car. Use the clay bar. Use a good polish. (Usually just a swirl mark remover and light cut polish will work). Then use a Turtle Wax Black Box kit on it! I usually add a nice, some what expensive, layer of clear wax over the top of all of this!

After this be sure to take a good step back and a ton of pictures.... Because it will look absolutely beatiful :P (And feel like a dream....) And then buy a show brush, well thats what I call them. They're just brushes used to dust off cars. This will keep your beautiful car just as beautiful

Congrats on the purchase! And enjoy it (Just thought I'd give you a good weekend project :P)
Just don't do the polish thingie more than once a year. More paints get destroyed by overpolishing than just exposure to the elements (at least the good paints). Just make sure that you have a good hard wax over it at all times, handwash with car shampoo of the same brand as the wax and stay away from harsh chemicals (like in a brushless car wash).

You're kidding about the dust brush, right! Just drive this car as it is supposed to be driven and all the dust will fly straight off
nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 332
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwhzn View Post
Just don't do the polish thingie more than once a year. More paints get destroyed by overpolishing than just exposure to the elements (at least the good paints). Just make sure that you have a good hard wax over it at all times, handwash with car shampoo of the same brand as the wax and stay away from harsh chemicals (like in a brushless car wash).

You're kidding about the dust brush, right! Just drive this car as it is supposed to be driven and all the dust will fly straight off
Haha thats what i always thought... But it totally doesnt work that way Sadly.... However; the brush does not make a big enough difference to matter... But i do wash my car at least every 2 weeks.
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: los angeles
Posts: 7
can you run 245-40-17 tires on all fours for a 1999 boxster? it has 225 and 255 now?
NUTTY911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page