986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (http://986forum.com/forums/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   My New Boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/new-member-introductions/33328-my-new-boxster.html)

1stBlkBoxster 01-17-2012 06:30 PM

My New Boxster

1 Attachment(s)
So I've already posted a couple of questions on the forum, so here's a picture of what I brought home the other day. :)

Attachment 15943

wvboxst3r 01-18-2012 03:47 AM

love black when its clean. enjoy the car then enjoy the wash. I bought on how I liked the color and now I am enjoying the washing. it is my DD.

1stBlkBoxster 01-18-2012 04:47 AM

Yeah, I've never owned a black car before and with my OCD about something being clean, this will definitely be a challenge for me. I had my micro-fiber towel out yesterday wiping all the dust off of the car. I can tell it's going to be challenging for me because this car looks so good clean.

jsceash 01-18-2012 07:34 AM

Mine is black also. There is nothing sharper than a well polished Black Boxster. You have a nice Boxster enjoy.

Eric G 01-18-2012 07:43 AM

Damn sexy machine right there! Congratulations...welcome to your newest addiction.

1stBlkBoxster 01-18-2012 04:47 PM

You aren't lying EricG. Every time I walk through the garage and see it I almost have to pinch myself because I'm still having a hard time believing I finally own one!

Mrmaddbrad 02-17-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stBlkBoxster (Post 274751)
Yeah, I've never owned a black car before and with my OCD about something being clean, this will definitely be a challenge for me. I had my micro-fiber towel out yesterday wiping all the dust off of the car. I can tell it's going to be challenging for me because this car looks so good clean.

A quick tip... Go buy a Clay Bar kit. Wash your car. Use the clay bar. Use a good polish. (Usually just a swirl mark remover and light cut polish will work). Then use a Turtle Wax Black Box kit on it! I usually add a nice, some what expensive, layer of clear wax over the top of all of this!

After this be sure to take a good step back and a ton of pictures.... Because it will look absolutely beatiful :P (And feel like a dream....) And then buy a show brush, well thats what I call them. They're just brushes used to dust off cars. This will keep your beautiful car just as beautiful :)

Congrats on the purchase! And enjoy it :) (Just thought I'd give you a good weekend project :P)

nieuwhzn 02-18-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad (Post 278694)
A quick tip... Go buy a Clay Bar kit. Wash your car. Use the clay bar. Use a good polish. (Usually just a swirl mark remover and light cut polish will work). Then use a Turtle Wax Black Box kit on it! I usually add a nice, some what expensive, layer of clear wax over the top of all of this!

After this be sure to take a good step back and a ton of pictures.... Because it will look absolutely beatiful :P (And feel like a dream....) And then buy a show brush, well thats what I call them. They're just brushes used to dust off cars. This will keep your beautiful car just as beautiful :)

Congrats on the purchase! And enjoy it :) (Just thought I'd give you a good weekend project :P)

Just don't do the polish thingie more than once a year. More paints get destroyed by overpolishing than just exposure to the elements (at least the good paints). Just make sure that you have a good hard wax over it at all times, handwash with car shampoo of the same brand as the wax and stay away from harsh chemicals (like in a brushless car wash).

You're kidding about the dust brush, right! Just drive this car as it is supposed to be driven and all the dust will fly straight off :cool:

Mrmaddbrad 02-18-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieuwhzn (Post 278818)
Just don't do the polish thingie more than once a year. More paints get destroyed by overpolishing than just exposure to the elements (at least the good paints). Just make sure that you have a good hard wax over it at all times, handwash with car shampoo of the same brand as the wax and stay away from harsh chemicals (like in a brushless car wash).

You're kidding about the dust brush, right! Just drive this car as it is supposed to be driven and all the dust will fly straight off :cool:

Haha thats what i always thought... But it totally doesnt work that way :( Sadly.... However; the brush does not make a big enough difference to matter... But i do wash my car at least every 2 weeks.

NUTTY911 02-23-2015 12:19 PM

can you run 245-40-17 tires on all fours for a 1999 boxster? it has 225 and 255 now?