Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD View Post
I was just wondering, if it would be possible to have a little more spacing between the PORSCHE letters on the screen?
Something like P O R S C H E
Hey Jon, kind words mate, thx. All the same to you. Cool car also

Quote:
I know it's just a personal preference thing but Porsche themselves seem to space the letters out a bit when they stick them on cars.
I'm not 100% sure its a pref thing, think its designed that way - for a wide trunk anyway! You wouldn't want the P word to look small on a wide object, especially not for a big brand lol. Porsche AG had to give up the tall fat Porsche branding, its passed now. The new pcar rear badge is indeed the stretched p o . However P brand logo remains the same anywhere else. The True Purists!

Our WD is not a wide object at all. Its mini. I see the original idea best fit (there, sharing personal opinions with you lol). I think you should just go for a crest alone - subtle, nice edgy glow and that's it mate. You got your P badge already on your hood.

In amber of course. Your red tone gives a smooth feel to the car, and amber gives exactly that effect. Also nearly exact same color as your gauges and interior lighting, can't make the diff if not told I'm sure.

some inspiration for you (and lots of blah, sry)

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-21-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Hey Jon, kind words mate, thx. All the same to you. Cool car also

I'm not 100% sure its a pref thing, think its designed that way - for a wide trunk anyway! You wouldn't want the P word to look small on a wide object, especially not for a big brand lol. Porsche AG had to give up the tall fat Porsche branding, its passed now. The new pcar rear badge is indeed the stretched p o . However P brand logo remains the same anywhere else. The True Purists!

Our WD is not a wide object at all. Its mini. I see the original idea best fit (there, sharing personal opinions with you lol). I think you should just go for a crest alone - subtle, nice edgy glow and that's it mate. You got your P badge already on your hood.

In amber of course. Your red tone gives a smooth feel to the car, and amber gives exactly that effect. Also nearly exact same color as your gauges and interior lighting, can't make the diff if not told I'm sure.

some inspiration for you (and lots of blah, sry)
Hey Nine,

You certainly deserve all the accolades you get but don't get a big head LOL.

Thanks for your input much appreciated, I think you are correct! Just the crest and in Amber is exactly what I will order when you have stock.
Cheers mate keep up the good work!
Jon
Old 01-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #283

Smaller Crest

One of the last pics I uploaded with the PORSCHE and Crest on the Trunk had a standard sized Badge on it same as on the hood, but I found that didn't look too great under the lettering (personal opinion). I found a German ebayer selling these smaller badges that go on the steering wheel with a single fastener pin on the back. I bought a couple off him. When they arrived I thought it was a much better size for the trunk, so I cut the pin off and filed the back of the crest smooth (I didn't want to drill a hole in the trunk) then I stuck it on with 2 sided 3M tape on the trunk. I think the smaller crest under the 'S' looks OK.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #284

Quote:
You certainly deserve all the accolades you get but don't get a big head LOL.
Big head lollll I know, sounds like that eh lol Funny I was very recently diagnosed with an inferiority complex by a one of our dearest member here (another thread, for having modded my boxster!). Could also be suffering from a superiority complex, dunno... whatever you call what is remotely happening to me - and it's that

Get a cold white as spare LED and you'll be all set for a few topless summers

Glad I could help lol
Old 01-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #285

Shipping cost adj: Gettin cheaper and cheaper!

Looks like I've robbed a few of you on shipping fee (hehehe). I'll issue a refund as soon as I can no worries (despite my near-to-perfection scam act loll).

I've also adjusted the flat rate$ for a 950grams parcel on the site also, much cheaper. What happened is I was using official quotes preset to old round up numbers - as explained in the old policy. Which was 1kg. I swear the Postal Service here used to round up numbers by as much as half kg for Int'l Air Mail... somehow this seems to be something of the pass. So everyone wins, and I get to figure out how to refund the diff to seventeen good fellas :/ failol

Affordable now, latest quote

Priority Air Mail (eta 10-15days) $22.20 (CANADA)
Priority Air Mail (eta 10-15days) $25.56 (USA)
Priority Air Mail (eta 10-15days) $30.64 (EU)

haven't taken install pics yet... I'll hurry (sat morning).

wishing good weather to everybody
Old 01-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #286

Quote:
Looks like I've robbed a few of you on shipping fee (hehehe). I'll issue a refund as soon as I can no worries (despite my near-to-perfection scam act loll).

I've also adjusted the flat rate$ for a 950grams parcel on the site also, much cheaper. What happened is I was using official quotes preset to old round up numbers - as explained in the old policy. Which was 1kg. I swear the Postal Service here used to round up numbers by as much as half kg for Int'l Air Mail... somehow this seems to be something of the pass. So everyone wins, and I get to figure out how to refund the diff to seventeen good fellas :/ failol

Hey Nine,

I obviously can't speak for those you "robbed" hehehe but if it was me there's NO WAY I would accept a refund. Gees mate ALL the work you put in for this DIY a few cents is not gonna break us. In comparison to all the thieves out there in industry, "like the last one who put their objection to your DIY" name withheld for possible litigation BAHAHAHA your product is not just 1st Class but extremely reasonably priced. PORSCHE themselves should learn from that. I know they have a brilliant product but let's face it they are profit mongers there I said it LOL. Do you reckon you made a fan here Nine...lol
Old 01-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #287

PS. The weather here at the moment is summer, I went for a drive last night with the top down temperature 28 degrees CELSIUS 82 Fahrenheit.

So wish I had the deflector on last night so cool. I will definitely get the white LED set as well.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:45 AM   #288

I am definitely leaning toward design #1, however, I thought that this may be a good design choice for those of us with a little "redneck" in them! :dance: What do you think, Fred?

doctorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorm3 View Post
I am definitely leaning toward design #1, however, I thought that this may be a good design choice for those of us with a little "redneck" in them! :dance: What do you think, Fred?
Thanks for the rescue lollll it worked

Another one... taken from last year's Floral Collection

Old 01-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #290

Quote:

Seriously? It's cheaper to ship to Canada than the US or Europe? And here I thought Canada Post was super expensive.

Anyways, I'm sure none of us would have thought twice about this Nine - but I will say this only adds to your already excellent credentials on here. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #291

A combination several people's work

mavis.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #292

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis.d View Post
A combination several people's work

Just my opinion, don't be hatin' on me, but that silhouette is too minimal for my taste. Again, just my $ .02
Old 01-22-2015, 05:12 PM   #293

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
This is what I got so far, just trying to figure out what way to go past the roll bars
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
This is what I got so far, just trying to figure out what way to go past the roll bars
Hang on Martin, running to the garage to take a pic for ya.

Didn't expect you to receive it within a week geez, Go Go Canada Post huh! (for once lol)

be right back mate
Old 01-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #295
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Dang! Customs has been holding onto mine for going on 3 days
Old 01-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #296

Quote:
Hang on Martin, running to the garage to take a pic for ya.

Didn't expect you to receive it within a week geez, Go Go Canada Post huh! (for once lol)

be right back mate

I'm hanging haha

Old 01-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #297

Ps did you remove your Center console ?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:25 PM   #298

Have a look!

Embarrassing because I'm sure 17 other guys will have a better way to get it done.

But this is what the set-up looks like on mine (no flaming please!). Don't remove the trim "completely, just loose it up is fine (use plastic flat bar). Well, if you plan on replicating this setup anyway. Not recommending removing the trims... just in case the clips are dry as raisins (1997 loll)

^ I think it's all goodies. Nobody will notice or care. Worth it; wait until the sun goes down you'll see what I mean lol)
Old 01-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #299

Fieldfit, looks good. One word of advice be super careful. It scratches very easily. I handled with microfibre and still managed to scratch it but still looks amazing

Fred got any pics of the wires going into the console
Old 01-22-2015, 06:47 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
Fieldfit, looks good. One word of advice be super careful. It scratches very easily. I handled with microfibre and still managed to scratch it but still looks amazing

Fred got any pics of the wires going into the console
Outdoor, dusk time, coastline in the background, Skybreaker lit up.... I'd pay for one of these pic

You can scratch it as much as you want, any plastic 'polisher' works in all honesty (Novus, PlastX, etc). 2 min buff with a microfiber and it comes back brand new looking Just don't scratch it with a solid stainless steel "wrist watch". Also don't use WINDEX or any strong chemical on that thing - ever - and it should last you a few years.

No connection pics at the moment Martin -stop embarrassing me lolll. Planning on reaching/snaking the 12v lead wire to the clam's brake light and terminate there (that's also on the parking light circuit). When I'll have time I want to do that brake-light dual intensity retrofit thingy.

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-22-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote