Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #1

Anyone ever purchased from eagleday.com

I was checking out eagleday.com and noticed a lot of nice looking items to use on my boxster. Anyone have any experience with these guys and would you recommend them?

Slate 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I bought a part from them a few years ago, no problems.
When I am looking/researching parts, these are some of the sites I check:

Pelican Parts (most useful to get a price on OEM parts with a Part Number)
Suncoast Parts
Sunset Imports (call to order, usually have the best price)
Auto Atlanta
Vertex Auto
Eagle Day
Old 02-17-2014, 03:09 PM   #3

Excellent thanks Rick, greatly appreciated
Slate 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #4

I bought some items but wasn't happy and return some. I needed a new shift knob with boot so I ordered one from eagleday. I thought I'd be getting the knob and boot with the U-shaped frame but the U-frame was not included when I received it. Instead there were vague instructions basically telling me to disassemble the old boot from the U frame and then cut holes in the new boot for the clips underneath and reattach with cement glue. In addition to that, the shift knob insert, which costs an extra $25 had scratches and stipple marks in it and had obviously been used and poorly repainted. I didn't want to put recycled parts into my Porsche so I returned it and bought a nicer shifter on ebay.
The other thing I ordered but wasn't happy with was the trunk emblem. They list a 2013+ 981 emblem - the new Boxster emblem for $46. There is also the addition of the "PORSCHE" word emblem - if you want this it says +$22. I assumed $46 for boxster emblem and an additional $22 for the "Porsche" emblem. But for $68 all I received was the "Porsche" emblem and no Boxster emblem. I sent email asking about this and the recycled shifter and they only replied that the emblem they sent was correct; not a word about the shifter.
I was not happy so returned the shifter and they quietly refunded my money. I did keep the Porsche emblem and was lucky enough to find a Boxster emblem here on the forum for a great price.
Overall, I guess I would say a "neutral" experience, but I probably won't be ordering anything else from them again.
jc986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
I bought a part from them a few years ago, no problems.
When I am looking/researching parts, these are some of the sites I check:

Pelican Parts (most useful to get a price on OEM parts with a Part Number)
Suncoast Parts
Sunset Imports (call to order, usually have the best price)
Auto Atlanta
Vertex Auto
Eagle Day
I always like to find new places to check. I have gotten things from Pelican and Suncoast, and Amazon of all places (especially if you have the part number just put it into the search). To this list I would add OEM / Performance / Maintenance / Repair / Replacement Parts and kits for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche and Volkswagen - ECS Tuning.

I hadn't heard of eagleday before this thread, and I checked them out; in my opinion they seem kind of high. My go to places now are Amazon, auto Atlanta, pelican, and ecs tuning. Again most surprisingly, Amazon has had a lot of the stuff I have needed at a great price.

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I had never heard of ECS, thanks for the link, they seem to have some great prices!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
I had never heard of ECS, thanks for the link, they seem to have some great prices!
The non-smokers kit tray for the center console was literally half price from them and when I recently bought the Porsche manual transmission oil they had the best price too.

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
The non-smokers kit tray for the center console was literally half price from them and when I recently bought the Porsche manual transmission oil they had the best price too.

Steve
I actually just spent the last hour checking out their prices, on average probably the best deals online. Great find!