986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   DIY Project Guides (http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/)
-   -   Anyone ever purchased from eagleday.com (http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/50814-anyone-ever-purchased-eagleday-com.html)

Slate 01 02-17-2014 01:31 PM

Anyone ever purchased from eagleday.com

I was checking out eagleday.com and noticed a lot of nice looking items to use on my boxster. Anyone have any experience with these guys and would you recommend them?

rick3000 02-17-2014 02:12 PM

I bought a part from them a few years ago, no problems.
When I am looking/researching parts, these are some of the sites I check:

Pelican Parts (most useful to get a price on OEM parts with a Part Number)
Suncoast Parts
Sunset Imports (call to order, usually have the best price)
Auto Atlanta
Vertex Auto
Eagle Day

Slate 01 02-17-2014 03:09 PM

Excellent thanks Rick, greatly appreciated

jc986 02-17-2014 05:41 PM

I bought some items but wasn't happy and return some. I needed a new shift knob with boot so I ordered one from eagleday. I thought I'd be getting the knob and boot with the U-shaped frame but the U-frame was not included when I received it. Instead there were vague instructions basically telling me to disassemble the old boot from the U frame and then cut holes in the new boot for the clips underneath and reattach with cement glue. In addition to that, the shift knob insert, which costs an extra $25 had scratches and stipple marks in it and had obviously been used and poorly repainted. I didn't want to put recycled parts into my Porsche so I returned it and bought a nicer shifter on ebay.
The other thing I ordered but wasn't happy with was the trunk emblem. They list a 2013+ 981 emblem - the new Boxster emblem for $46. There is also the addition of the "PORSCHE" word emblem - if you want this it says +$22. I assumed $46 for boxster emblem and an additional $22 for the "Porsche" emblem. But for $68 all I received was the "Porsche" emblem and no Boxster emblem. I sent email asking about this and the recycled shifter and they only replied that the emblem they sent was correct; not a word about the shifter.
I was not happy so returned the shifter and they quietly refunded my money. I did keep the Porsche emblem and was lucky enough to find a Boxster emblem here on the forum for a great price.
Overall, I guess I would say a "neutral" experience, but I probably won't be ordering anything else from them again.

steved0x 02-18-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick3000 (Post 387154)
I bought a part from them a few years ago, no problems.
When I am looking/researching parts, these are some of the sites I check:

Pelican Parts (most useful to get a price on OEM parts with a Part Number)
Suncoast Parts
Sunset Imports (call to order, usually have the best price)
Auto Atlanta
Vertex Auto
Eagle Day

I always like to find new places to check. I have gotten things from Pelican and Suncoast, and Amazon of all places (especially if you have the part number just put it into the search). To this list I would add OEM / Performance / Maintenance / Repair / Replacement Parts and kits for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche and Volkswagen - ECS Tuning.

I hadn't heard of eagleday before this thread, and I checked them out; in my opinion they seem kind of high. My go to places now are Amazon, auto Atlanta, pelican, and ecs tuning. Again most surprisingly, Amazon has had a lot of the stuff I have needed at a great price.

Steve

rick3000 02-18-2014 09:45 AM

I had never heard of ECS, thanks for the link, they seem to have some great prices! :)

steved0x 02-18-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick3000 (Post 387287)
I had never heard of ECS, thanks for the link, they seem to have some great prices! :)

The non-smokers kit tray for the center console was literally half price from them and when I recently bought the Porsche manual transmission oil they had the best price too.

Steve

rick3000 02-18-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 387340)
The non-smokers kit tray for the center console was literally half price from them and when I recently bought the Porsche manual transmission oil they had the best price too.

Steve

I actually just spent the last hour checking out their prices, on average probably the best deals online. Great find! :cheers: