Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #1541

put me down for a set of these, please (just registered to tell you that..now I have to read the entire forum)

BrianMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #1542

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMay View Post
put me down for a set of these, please (just registered to tell you that..now I have to read the entire forum)
same boat here would love to be able to pick some up! Registered for that reason in fact! Any new info would be great!!
RTK90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:14 AM   #1543

WOW, 78 pages! Can someone just tell me the ending? Re-post the picts? Are you taking orders and if so, how much?

Cheers!
Porsche-Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #1544
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-Eh View Post
WOW, 78 pages! Can someone just tell me the ending? Re-post the picts? Are you taking orders and if so, how much?

Cheers!
There are far too many pictures to repost. I have hundreds just from the builds I've done.
Unfortunately, these haven't been available for some time.
Attached Images

particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #1545

They look awesome. I would love to get a set of these projectors fitted to a brand new set of headlights. Hoping they will be produced again in the near future.
dchutinaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #1546

Bump. I would love to get a set of these too. Please someone tell me some good news about them coming back!
royalnewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 AM   #1547

You can do this project without Fred’s kit. Just buy the Morimoto mini H1 projectors the kit is based on. You’ll have to use a stock shroud rather than Fred’s cool machined version. The length of the threaded shaft would have to be checked as Fred’s kit had a custom extension. I think the shafts on the new H1’s are longer than what Fred could get. Fred might not have an issue with making the instructions for his kit available to those that might want to try this. For reference.

Last edited by clickman; 03-30-2018 at 06:51 AM.
clickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #1548

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
^ A direct competition to those Asian-made LED headlight kits everyone is familiar with. However, will come with self-leveling (for EU cars) and intelligent range finding/measuring. Other features of course but for all I can say right now, that’s what the upcoming/aftermarket ‘Litethronics’ for Porsche Cars will sounds like.

Involved parties are in California all of Sept 2017 talking to DOT and to register all of this WIP, among the few other GT parts/designs we have here. Not all that cheap but considering the love that needs to go into making sure our Porsche cars never goes blackout, they see it as priceless! I'll should be able to tell you more about all of this in Oct/Nov.
Yay! Someone is thinking of European regulations! Finally.

Fred, any update on this new exciting product?
PaulDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #1549

Hi Fred if another batch of these kits will become available I would love to join the waiting list please. Many thanks
Saxosim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:54 PM   #1550

Fred hasn’t posted anything since November 2017, so there’s been no updates on the new edition of the headlights or his infotainment system. In 2016 he had a horrific motorcycle racing accident and was literally and figuratively offline for a few months, but recovered. Also, since he’s in China, Internet access to the outside world can be spotty. I sure hope he is ok!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:04 AM   #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
You can do this project without Fred’s kit. Just buy the Morimoto mini H1 projectors the kit is based on. You’ll have to use a stock shroud rather than Fred’s cool machined version. The length of the threaded shaft would have to be checked as Fred’s kit had a custom extension. I think the shafts on the new H1’s are longer than what Fred could get. Fred might not have an issue with making the instructions for his kit available to those that might want to try this. For reference.
Thanks for the info. I did retrofit headlight on my motorcycle before, but had all accessories and instructions. With boxsters, given the fact that headlights just suck with wiring and lense, it seems like its a must to put projectors instead. If anyone done that before and there is some type of instructions please share. Mini H1 projectors look nice, i'll just have to figure out whether to paint other parts, whether to put halo light, and some wiring details.
pahanorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #1552

Garage
Any Interest?

I thought I would post this here first. I am considering selling my pair of Fred's Bi-Xenon projectors. They are gun metal grey Vivo model with white Angel Eyes. The units were assembled and polished by Particlewave/Charles. They are in pristine condition as the 986 is always garaged.

I am looking to only recoup my investment. If interested - PM me.

Thanks

Last edited by eicheldp; 03-16-2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Removed url
eicheldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:07 AM   #1553

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eicheldp View Post

Thanks
Almost exactly what I was looking for.

PM sent
PaulDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:49 AM   #1554
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by eicheldp View Post
I thought I would post this here first. I am considering selling my pair of Fred's Bi-Xenon projectors. They are gun metal grey Vivo model with white Angel Eyes. The units were assembled and polished by Particlewave/Charles. They are in pristine condition as the 986 is always garaged.

Thanks
Would you be generous enough to share with us what was the original price? Thank you.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #1555

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Would you be generous enough to share with us what was the original price? Thank you.
Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by eicheldp; 03-17-2019 at 08:05 AM.
eicheldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:59 AM   #1556
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
The kit was $350 and my install was $250, so $600 plus the cost of the headlights...easily over $1000.

That said, they're priceless now, since they're not being made anymore.

Last edited by particlewave; 03-17-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #1557

Garage
Sorry to say that my projectors are no longer for sale due to difficulties with replacement headlights.

Thank you to all who expressed an interest.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:09 AM   #1558

Hi everyone. I thought I'd post up here before the facebook forums and other sites. I have an unused pair of these that I'm selling if anyone is interested.

I bought them from Fred back in 2015, but for one reason or another never got around to installing them. I've now sold the car and having a clear out.

They are Luminoso in anodised blue (which looks stunning), and have all the fitting gear exactly as received from Fred - never been unwrapped or handled other than for these pics.

Have a look at posts #951 to 953 in this thread for Fred's comments on the colour

blackandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #1559
Custom User Title Here

Garage
This thread deserves a bump
Old 09-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #1560

Send a message via Skype™ to Terryg
I am interested if still available, I am in Bolton UK are they still for sale if so how much?

Terryg is offline   Reply With Quote