Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 07:18 AM   #1481

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeters View Post
Please include me on the list when you make the next batch
Seen that! thanks Brad

Old 05-29-2017, 05:04 AM   #1482

Hey Bruce
I have the same year boxster s and would like to get a set of these headlites can you share with me the web site / thanks stew
overlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #1483

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook View Post
Hey Bruce
I have the same year boxster s and would like to get a set of these headlites can you share with me the web site / thanks stew
I assume you mean me. My headlights came directly from Fred (Nine8six) on this thread and they were installed by Charles (Particlewave). I hope that helps
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #1484

Hey Fred, saw your note elsewhere you were going to make another batch of HID projectors, and in case quantities are limited, wanted to get a place in line for a pair.

I'm not sure if I like the "holes" look of the new Vivo rendering, as it's still hard to visualize what it would look like on the the car. Best way for me to compare aesthetic options are side by side comparison. I also don't know what effect it might have on cost - sounds like it might be challenging to machine (which I'm sure you're up for, as it's clear you've got mad CNC skill), so maybe just a basic plain Vivo (in all clear anodized parts) is the way I'd go, if it would help keep work on your end, and cost down. Although you also seem like a guy who enjoys a challenge, and maybe would want to do it even without charging much extra. In that case, I'll guinea pig a pair.

Honestly, anything will be a huge aesthetic improvement over the burned inner reflectors I've got going on right now. I'm holding off on removing the inner lenticular lens to see if I can get in on your next batch of projectors.

Thanks again!

Last edited by jakeru; 06-08-2017 at 02:21 PM.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #1485

I want to be in on the next batch as well. I just received the centercaps and after seeing them, I want anything Fred makes...the Quality is unbelievable. So Fred, PLEASE put me on your list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
Hey Fred, saw your note elsewhere you were going to make another batch of HID projectors, and in case quantities are limited, wanted to get a place in line for a pair.

I'm not sure if I like the "holes" look of the new Vivo rendering, as it's still hard to visualize what it would look like on the the car. Best way for me to compare aesthetic options are side by side comparison. I also don't know what effect it might have on cost - sounds like it might be challenging to machine (which I'm sure you're up for, as it's clear you've got mad CNC skill), so maybe just a basic plain Vivo (in all clear anodized parts) is the way I'd go, if it would help keep work on your end, and cost down. Although you also seem like a guy who enjoys a challenge, and maybe would want to do it even without charging much extra. In that case, I'll guinea pig a pair.

Honestly, anything will be a huge aesthetic improvement over the burned inner reflectors I've got going on right now. I'm holding off on removing the inner lenticular lens to see if I can get in on your next batch of projectors.

Thanks again!
2000 C2 Aero - Track Car
1965 Dodge Coronet 440 - Nostalgia
lowpue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #1486

haha David, saw that!! You missedout the Skybreaker... 10x cooler than headlights bud lollll

Jake - still thinking what to reply. Cost, manufacturing, vivo's new style... coffee will fix all that I'm sure. Give me a few days to come up with the answers

Surely count you guys in. Good move
Old 06-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #1487

Maybe some laser engraved carved hood ornaments?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Maybe some laser engraved carved hood ornaments?
It just got to look expansive Got Turismo and Luminoso looking like champs already, just stuck on the 'compaq' Vivo style

Ornaments LOLL Reminds me of below, not sure why...

Old 06-10-2017, 05:45 AM   #1489

Send a message via Skype™ to Terryg
Jake - still thinking what to reply. Cost, manufacturing, vivo's new style... coffee will fix all that I'm sure. Give me a few days to come up with the answers

Look forward to hearing the answer to this myself!

Terry
Terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #1490

Hey Fred,

I'm newer here, but would like to get on the list for your next run. I love the look of them, and the build quality, but more to the point.... ahem.... I'm getting older and the extra light at night certainly wouldn't hurt.

I've read through this entire thread (spoiler alert: it's long), and couldn't find pictures of all of the different designs you've made in one place. Is there a list of all of the current designs, and pricing? Thanks in advance.

Adam
agrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:51 PM   #1491

The importance of having "processing" power in tomorrow's vehicles

Looks like we need to start R&D on the MKIII tech and call this ProschaVision. These folks at bmw are going faster than I can keep up with lollll

Old 07-01-2017, 12:45 AM   #1492

Hi Fred. Any timeframe on when the next batch of projectors will be available?
joshstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:15 AM   #1493

Any plans to make the 4-LED style projectors from new Porsches? Now that's something I'd buy.

Ebay already sell them but they're ENORMOUS and won't fit in our lenses.

If you could make something like that, it would be stunning.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:12 AM   #1494

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
Any plans to make the 4-LED style projectors from new Porsches? Now that's something I'd buy.
I second that!
PaulDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #1495

Garage
I have seen so many custom projects for one off parts on cars and bikes over the past 40 years that I cannot count them all. I have to say that this rivals nearly anything I have witnessed for high quality workmanship, attention to detail, quality materials, finish, symmetry, integration. It looks better than any upgrade any factory has offered. We are lucky to have your talents available to other Boxster owners. You are one of few who have found a way to make an incredible car even better. Thank you.
cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #1496

Garage
Hey fred put me in the waiting list. I need to change my lenses they are burn out.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:21 AM   #1497

Fred - please add me to the list for your next batch!

Thanks,
Todd
Hooverwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
I have seen so many custom projects for one off parts on cars and bikes over the past 40 years that I cannot count them all. I have to say that this rivals nearly anything I have witnessed for high quality workmanship, attention to detail, quality materials, finish, symmetry, integration. It looks better than any upgrade any factory has offered. We are lucky to have your talents available to other Boxster owners. You are one of few who have found a way to make an incredible car even better. Thank you.
Very kind works Sir, well received those

In the process of making them even better. Can't wait for release.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beriaan View Post
Hey fred put me in the waiting list. I need to change my lenses they are burn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooverwi View Post
Fred - please add me to the list for your next batch!

Thanks,
Todd
Received fellas, on the list

Got caught up with work during the last two weeks, had to fly out of the country twice to firefight some issues HQ needed cleaned-up (success). That's right, my other profession is "Janitor" :/

Was at the shop all of last weekend and got at least 80 shrouds on the table. Progressing but not as fast as I would want this to go. My apologies to all. As all things here... we'll get it done that's no worries!
Old 07-23-2017, 11:54 PM   #1500

Send a message via Skype™ to Terryg
I know you are a busy man Fred but don't forget to let me know how much these things are costing me and also the options.
Terry

Terryg is offline   Reply With Quote