Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #1461

Finally got around to finishing mine, after about two years

SmegHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:49 AM   #1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
The post below shows the wiring. This one shows a full size automotive relay, but the principle and wiring is exactly the same.
Hi Charles
Just come back to this site having finally finished my lights but it looks like I should have read it before sealing them up (doh). I always intended to refit the main beam for flashing but now I read the Angel Eyes might fail without a relay, have you an idea about using a relay for flash and the Angel Eyes, or two, or is it not really possible to have both options?
Smeg
SmegHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #1463
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Yes, 2 relays. I use a standard automotive relay for the high beam flash and a smaller 12V relay for the AE's, but you can just use a standard relay for both.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #1464

Send a message via Skype™ to Terryg
Hi Fred, if you are ever doing more headlights I would be interested, I know you are busy now and I am looking forward to getting my centre caps but let me know when you can, include the price if the answer is yes.
Terry
Terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #1465

@SmegHead - wow, nice front-end!!! Glad to see you finally got to it bud. really looks good (and so is your car/paint color btw)

2yrs; not bad... I've been wanting to install a set of Luminoso in mine since 4 yrs now. Go figure. Looks like my Boxster will forever live with the first prototype we've made together here on that thread. funny stuff
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 PM   #1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryg View Post
Hi Fred, if you are ever doing more headlights I would be interested, I know you are busy now and I am looking forward to getting my centre caps but let me know when you can, include the price if the answer is yes.
Terry
Terry - PM what model you are going for mate

@RichRobby
@Robert986
@auBoxster
@StrangerDJ
@SvenskaPoika
@bustedknuckelgarage
@Crispyfritter
@WindwardBoxster

Oops, time for me to get busy with those kit. I've been keeping notes of the lastest posts/messages guys no worries there. My sincere apologies fellas. The good news is as soon as I free myself from doing what I'm doing now (and others) I'll crack on doing a few kits for you guys. Starting full speed on those in about two weeks.

Got 6 more members here also waiting + 3 guys here in Shanghai who regularly check on me.

Get-To-Work it is! I'll Update here
Old 04-22-2017, 08:24 AM   #1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Terry - PM what model you are going for mate

@RichRobby
@Robert986
@auBoxster
@StrangerDJ
@SvenskaPoika
@bustedknuckelgarage
@Crispyfritter
@WindwardBoxster

Oops, time for me to get busy with those kit. I've been keeping notes of the lastest posts/messages guys no worries there. My sincere apologies fellas. The good news is as soon as I free myself from doing what I'm doing now (and others) I'll crack on doing a few kits for you guys. Starting full speed on those in about two weeks.

Got 6 more members here also waiting + 3 guys here in Shanghai who regularly check on me.

Get-To-Work it is! I'll Update here
Glad to hear you'll be doing another round of projectors! You did receive my messages right??
2000986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #1468

Certainly did. Although may have deleted the original msg :/ These PM doesn't last long on this account... fills to max in a week, less sometimes

The note I have here in my little excel sheet for your alias is:"vivo series in gunmetal".

Old 04-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #1469

Quote:
Certainly did. Although may have deleted the original msg :/ These PM doesn't last long on this account... fills to max in a week, less sometimes

The note I have here in my little excel sheet for your alias is:"vivo series in gunmetal".

You got it! Unless there's something new that I haven't seen yet, haven't read through this thread in a while. Have you come out with anything new since last August?
Old 04-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #1470

Not much NEW, we actually got rid of things instead. Really looking forward an improved and reliable kit - which I've already CAD in Feb/March. Simplified, lighter (cheaper also!). But in all they are the exact same shape/models (visually).

Needs manufacturing which I plan on jumping onto in about two weeks.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #1471

Quote:
Not much NEW, we actually got rid of things instead. Really looking forward an improved and reliable kit - which I've already CAD in Feb/March. Simplified, lighter (cheaper also!). But in all they are the exact same shape/models (visually).

Needs manufacturing which I plan on jumping onto in about two weeks.
Gotcha, thanks for the link. I look forward to finally getting some of these, it's the last project on my list for exterior mods. Thanks for the update and keep me posted on when you want me to pay you!!!
Old 04-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #1472

Sweet, I'm on the list thanks!
bustedknuckelgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:13 AM   #1473

Feedback Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknuckelgarage View Post
Sweet, I'm on the list thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000986s View Post
Have you come out with anything new since last August?
On this note;

Few months ago I've posted some renders of a prototype for our Vivo Series. When I say 'our' I mean our forum's.

As you can see from the visual below it needs a perforated meshed part that I could send out for custom cutting. Process is chemical etching (aluminum) and anodized surface treatment (red?!). Not super expansive in terms of prototyping & production, but the 'task' is quite nasty. CAD, supplier contacts, samples, assembly forming die, fixtures, testing, etc. You get the picture.

Something that could be nice to look at for this summer. Therefore any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Does not need to be nice lolll

You say - I do - attitude

^ No plans for Titanium, AL only
Old 04-23-2017, 09:05 AM   #1474

Garage
Wow, I´m on the list! :dance: This is great news!

I´m not sure I understand what models and color options will be available, is there a list somewhere or is it still up for discussion?

I have a black car, I´m thinking black reflectors, the question would be what color on the projectors... The only other color on the car besides black is the red brake calipers.. Would it be possible to make the projector "Cailper-red" to match? I reckon that could stand out quite a lot, and maybe make up for the "lack of" angel Eyes.

Just thinking..
Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #1475

Send a message via Skype™ to Terryg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
Wow, I´m on the list! :dance: This is great news!

I´m not sure I understand what models and color options will be available, is there a list somewhere or is it still up for discussion?

I have a black car, I´m thinking black reflectors, the question would be what color on the projectors... The only other color on the car besides black is the red brake calipers.. Would it be possible to make the projector "Cailper-red" to match? I reckon that could stand out quite a lot, and maybe make up for the "lack of" angel Eyes.

Just thinking..
I would also like to know the options please Fred
Terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #1476

can you please add me to the list as well please
tekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #1477

Garage
Hi Fred.
Is it possible to buy the Vivo Series shrouds only and changes them out in the projectors that I already have? Aluminium would be perfect

There is no replacement for displacement
Bfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #1478

Please include me on the list when you make the next batch!

Thanks,
Brad
keeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #1479
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Copycats?

2017 Jaguar XE
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:14 AM   #1480

That's absolutely beautiful, love it.

And if J.Studios are reading this; the TM/bottom arch is printed way too big (i.e. its just a head lamp)