Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #861
Need For Speed

Garage
These are soooo sweeet! Dig the Vivo series myself. I'll have to get with PW one of these days to have him fix me up a set.

I'm thinking of having the inside painted Arctic Silver (the color of my car) and maybe use black Vivo lights. Wonder how that would look? Should blend the light housing into the car really well, just not real sure on the black Vivo?

Old 02-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #862

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Salut Herve! Nah as much as I anticipated, I can't run away in March but will 100% for sure end of July. My wife is going in for the whole 3rd week of March if you don't mind dropping by Papineau/Maisonneuve street for pick-up. She was a member of the China Olympic/National Swimming Team 12 years ago and haven't changed a tad... can I trust you?! I'd much rather shipping if you don't mind LOL
Papineau/Maisonneuve ... a few blocks from my condo, it could be done.
And for your peace of mind, I could send my wife lol. They would probably chatter about how guys spend way too much on their damn sports cars
'04 Convertible top with glass window

Last edited by herve_g; 02-25-2015 at 03:20 PM.
herve_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #863

was having a problem

With understanding how to spec out some of that "fancy and creative laser work" on the web site - please see PM. Thanks
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
With understanding how to spec out some of that "fancy and creative laser work" on the web site - please see PM. Thanks
Hey Jeff, got your PM.... no prob on the custom laser work. You don't need to upload visual, we can discuss this in private and exchange draft/visuals of what you want until you sign-off on the laser work.

Also, ignore the +$15 for the custom laser work request on that GTP site... that is another scam I'm running LOL. Most chaps just don't use the upload feature but use the type-in comment box to request their custom laser work Smart!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #865
Need For Speed

Garage
When these go Pelican only, will we still be able to have custom laser work?

When using the GTP site and add to cart, selecting 1 is a pair of lights or just 1 light?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:05 AM   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
When these go Pelican only, will we still be able to have custom laser work?

When using the GTP site and add to cart, selecting 1 is a pair of lights or just 1 light?
Below will be the standard laser script that pelican will offer (PBXO). If you ask me, it's killer enough mate (and a tad more legit lolll)

If you want custom laser work, they'll charge you $7,340 extra (tbc) and you'll have to wait something like +3 weeks for your kit. Like I previously said they are not telling me much atm... its their stuff they do what they want with it. We'll all find out at the same time I'm guessing.

That GTP site shows 2 projectors on the pic. As advertised the price is for one pair mate. I'm not a 'true' scammer no worries lolllll
Old 02-26-2015, 12:28 AM   #867
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Below will be the standard laser script that pelican will offer (PBXO). If you ask me, it's killer enough mate (and a tad more legit lolll)

If you want custom laser work, they'll charge you $7,340 extra (tbc) and you'll have to wait something like +3 weeks for your kit. Like I previously said they are not telling me much atm... its their stuff they do what they want with it. We'll all find out at the same time I'm guessing.

That GTP site shows 2 projectors on the pic. As advertised the price is for one pair mate. I'm not a 'true' scammer no worries lolllll
Is the switch on March 1st still happening?

In this picture where it says Luminoso Series is where the custom text goes, correct?
Old 02-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #868

24hrs countdown - Last Call!

When this hits 00:00 (Shanghai time), all goes down at my end. Guess this was all sufficient notice guys. Did my best!

00:00 edit, removed the JS counter... that thing started to spin counter clockwise. Odd.... felt like going back in time lol

Quote:
Just a quick note that all of the orders I've received from you good fellas is being taken care at highest level. 3 weeks waiting period now so if any of you guys think of grabbing a set, think about the lead time (forget what the website says... i.e 5-7day turnover). That's a scam now lollll Temporarily anyway (I'm unusually overloaded atm)

We got 48hrs left before this shuts down Fancy and creative laser work accepted!

^ On the workbench atm. Some Blue w/blue AE, Orange w/amber AE, Black w/amber, Corvette kit for Chris, I pass 7 other kits lollll... Some of you may recognize their kit - I'm aiming to ship those to you guys this coming weekend (yummy stuff comin your way)

Cabintrophobic - awful weather here too... I need a topless drive bad lolll

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-28-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #869

Hey Fred, is that you in your avatar or Simon Cowell?

If the latter, why?
Old 02-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #870

Thanks Fred, just got in under the wire with my order!

I'm curious as to what your next project will be:
A cupholder that actually works, and mounts to the seat frame and retracts under the seat when not in use?
Maybe a fusion of the 987 airbox with the 986 MAF holder for those trying to up the intake air volume, made of a durable and thermally insulating plastic with just enough deformation to allow installation without bending any sheet metal tabs in the engine bay.
Or a titanium replacement bolt package for all the unsprung elements of the suspension, to increase strenght and decrease mass.
Or perhaps a replacement for the no-longer available Byrd/Bird center armrest extension, this time with built-in iPod/USB/cigarette lighter outlets, and a switch for the Skybreaker?
How about a deep base subwoofer for the trunk, that is ported to the cabin?
A better LED tail light?
Spark plug tubes that don't crack and don't conduct electricity.
A lightweight track trailer that can haul 4 tires OR a motorcycle to the track?
A mod that replaces the headlight corner triangle with bottle rocket launch tubes?
Or whatever strikes your fancy!

( between the GTprojectors and the Skybreaker, a standard has been set for ingenious product development that leaves us hungry for more!)
Actually, given that you have a REAL job also, I suspect a vacation may be in order once the current backlog is cleared...
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:32 AM   #871

Haha, wow I admit those are all great ideas. You forgot the killer CGT style exhaust tip and a remote activated exhaust valve Could be a nice little kit for those, like myself, who occasionally feels like making noise. I have tons of ideas believe me, just too bad there are only 24hrs in a day mate

Vacation in July, a full last 3 weeks of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post

If the latter, why?
Noooo simon man, that is so me. Putting on my sexy look and all Pic taken at the Shanghai Int'l Circuit in 2013 (i.e. my second home)

Old 02-28-2015, 04:23 AM   #872

I'd like to place my order now for the exhaust valve and the bottle rocket launcher!
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:28 AM   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post

If the latter, why?
Glad I'm not the only one that thought that. LOL
Old 02-28-2015, 04:41 AM   #874

Is it possible to set the projector farther back in the headlight?
Old 02-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #875

Done! No more. Feeling so sad

Thanks for all the support guys, was a good ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Is it possible to set the projector farther back in the headlight?
Once Pelican list those, request for the H7 adapter instead of the Porsche adapter kit. That will plug right into the existing headlight H7 socket.

I think those projectors/headlight especially looks stunning when you look at the car at an angle. Without the custom adapter kit you won't get that same effect... that 'huge' headlight will look hollow (e.g. stock)
Old 02-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #876

Appreciate all the good service and the help

Sincerely

Dwight
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:33 AM   #877
Beginner

Garage
Thanks Fred, looking forward to seeing them in person.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #878

Quote:
A reputable and USA based marketing guru once advise me to raise the price from that silly $300 up to $1500. The more expansive it is = the better (typical consumers said lol). He was so correct, I didn't listen
I sure hope Pelican keeps them at the same price. I wish I had paid attention to this thread sooner and bought a pair before you stopped.
Can we still go to your website to order them?

Last edited by itsnotanova; 03-01-2015 at 06:13 AM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:24 AM   #879

You can no longer order them through the website. It directs you to go to Pelican. No way they can keep the ridiculously low price.
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #880

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I sure hope Pelican keeps them at the same price. I wish I had paid attention to this thread sooner and bought a pair before you stopped.
Can we still go to your website to order them?
I'll be honest, I have no idea how much Pelican Parts are going to retail those kits for. And I can't imagine them to be $1,500 lollll so I wouldn't worry mate. Whatever they think they worth, that is going to be the (their) price. Nothing I can do about that

You all know about Pelican Parts' backstage; they have been helping the community and have done so since day1 (FREE DIY, books, exclusive offers, etc etc). Of course they are also running a business but you have to agree that their services/prices have been just & fair ever since and that for every fella pcar owners. That philosophy and pricing should remain for the projector kits also.

To be real.... they know you guys like those kits and that is the whole idea behind Pelican taking over control of this product (professionally). From what I understood, they are not making "me" a favor, they are doing this for you guys (their loyal customers).

Same as you all, I'll find out all about the details at the same time as you do. Can't wait in all honesty, very curious myself believe me.

Below is what listed on the GTP site. Please do not PM me - can't change what's done already

Stock Availability Notice: This kit will soon be available exclusively from Pelican Parts this coming Spring 2015. For enquiries and/or to preorder your kit, please get in touch with the sales team at Pelican Parts by telephone 1-888-280-7799 or by using their Message Center