Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 08:11 AM   #381
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
That black bezel looks awesome! Yes, choices, way too many Probably need several different sets of color combos depending on my mood
I know what you mean...I'm going to have to put hinges and a latch on my outer lens so I can swap them out whenever

Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #382

And here are how they look completed and on my car! Nine8Six and Particlewave make a great team! I love how they turned out!

Driving this car makes me wish I lived farther away from work!

Last edited by Troy.Boxster; 04-05-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Troy.Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #383

Garage
Those look sharp Troy! And yes they make an outstanding team!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #384
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Yeah buddy!

Looking good Troy! Glad I could help out...it's the least I could do after all that you do for the rest of us

Oh, yeah...did I mention that I like potatoes?
Old 04-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #385
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Yes they do make a great team! And Troy.Boxster your lights look killer!!!
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #386

Forced myself to stay away from the PC and the forum until I have fully completed Charles' latest massive order. Seeing Troy's car makes it hard to resist. I'm only a few hours from being able to package everything safely for you Charles anyway!. Coming your way Express Post (ETA 3-5days)

Black-on-black looks killer Troy, I agree. A late night pic of the car front curves with the AE lit on would be nice to see on your triple-black

Never stops to amaze me seeing the transformation those kits makes to this car front-end. Thanks for sharing your car pics

nice little neighborhood btw
Old 04-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Those look sharp Troy! And yes they make an outstanding team!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
Yes they do make a great team! And Troy.Boxster your lights look killer!!!
Yes yes yes... an Extra-Ordinary team indeed. Charles is the Extra side of things tho, I'll just settle for the ordinary part!

Why, because

Retrofitting like he does is not found elsewhere believe me, I am also impressed. Not only some of you guys are really fortunate to have his service available, you are getting even luckier by being 100% sure he will retrofit your headlights better than his-own. That's the type of guy you are dealing with here

I know because; he bosses me, he rushes me, he is picky like my wife, he double (triple) check everything, he touch base, he polishes stuff that doesn't need polishing, make things better than they already are, offers his deal at half price of the market price, etc etc etc. And ALL that, for someone else's Porsche car. Tells a lot from him

Nuff said for now... as you can see I love him too
Old 04-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy.Boxster View Post
And here are how they look completed and on my car! Nine8Six and Particlewave make a great team! I love how they turned out!
Nice, you car is identical to mine Black, S, nine8six Projector...

Can't wait to install them.

So when are you coming to a Qualcomm autocross in SD?

I visited some forum friends this weekend. Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, CA - YouTube
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #389

Garage
You guys never thought about having these for the Cayenne as well? I am sure you would get a bunch of orders!

CR
crod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #390

I'd love to... but my car is only going to be in the area for another week. After that, it is heading to the Kansas City area to be looked after by a friend and I'm heading to Japan for a couple years. Boo! There is soooo much stuff I want to do to the car. I'll just have to prioritize my projects and go to town when we get back.
I've done a bunch getting the car ready for the road trip... cv boot, serpentine belt, window regulator, gas door actuator, instrument cluster blue LED swap (one bulb was burned out... so why not replace them all!), rear window replacement (cold karate chop - darn it!), new plugs and tubes, and these awesome projectors - I didn't HAVE to get them, but they are awesome and I was worried they wouldn't be available after I returned to the states and it was around my birthday (I can make up more reasons!).

Driving this car makes me wish I lived farther away from work!
Troy.Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #391
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crod View Post
You guys never thought about having these for the Cayenne as well? I am sure you would get a bunch of orders!

CR
Oh, there are plans in the works for other vehicles, but we're just trying to keep up with the 986's and 996's right now
Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #392
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Yes yes yes... an Extra-Ordinary team indeed. Charles is the Extra side of things tho, I'll just settle for the ordinary part!

Why, because

Retrofitting like he does is not found elsewhere believe me, I am also impressed. Not only some of you guys are really fortunate to have his service available, you are getting even luckier by being 100% sure he will retrofit your headlights better than his-own. That's the type of guy you are dealing with here

I know because; he bosses me, he rushes me, he is picky like my wife, he double (triple) check everything, he touch base, he polishes stuff that doesn't need polishing, make things better than they already are, offers his deal at half price of the market price, etc etc etc. And ALL that, for someone else's Porsche car. Tells a lot from him

Nuff said for now... as you can see I love him too
Listen to this guy...he's the one making these beauties!

You're too humble, Fred
I'm just glad that I can help out my fellow Porsche owners!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #393
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
OK now that I have the awesome Particlewave/Nine8Six headlights installed, I was wondering if I should go for a 6000K fog light bulb to try and match the headlight color? Or go for a 3000K fog light bulb to make them true fog lights? I'm leaning towards the 3000K in the fog light socket.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
OK now that I have the awesome Particlewave/Nine8Six headlights installed, I was wondering if I should go for a 6000K fog light bulb to try and match the headlight color? Or go for a 3000K fog light bulb to make them true fog lights? I'm leaning towards the 3000K in the fog light socket.
You are giving me an idea.... I think I'll be doing the same with my fog lights (smog light in my case lol). Given you only switch open the fog lights... those 3k deep yellow could really look cool on a foggy day... old style rally look
Old 04-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #395
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
You are giving me an idea.... I think I'll be doing the same with my fog lights (smog light in my case lol). Given you only switch open the fog lights... those 3k deep yellow could really look cool on a foggy day... old style rally look
cool idea...and maybe orange light bulbs in amber turn indicators...I love that "extra rich" blood-orange glow.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #396

Well, I'm finally done. After many trials and tribulations, the headlights are back in the car and I'm loving it. The improvement in the look of the car is immense. Fred's kit is awesome.

I sanded and painted the reflector, but opted to not paint the inner plastic shroud. I like it, but you can decide for yourself.

I wanted to do this project myself, so I was prepared for the warts that came as a result of being a rookie. For those that are ok with someone else doing the work and/or want it to be perfect, I highly recommend particlewave. Charles has it all figured out, and was extremely helpful to me with my questions through the process. And for what he charges, it's really a steal. Clearly it's more of a hobby for him, so get it while he's still interested!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
This-is-absolutely-mental

Norm, I think you nail it right on the head with that combo of colours/projector kit.

If you need anything from Shanghai beach, you have my mobby no. mate. Thx for sharing those amazing shots

ps. "silver" (my dream pcar color). Looks x100 time better with these installed. Arggg
Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #398

Garage
Really came out nice Norm, excellent work
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #399
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Yeah, buddy! Just in time, too.
Canadian spring is only 2 months away!!!

That gunmetal bezel and clear shroud really look nice on silver
I'm glad that I could help out, Norm
Old 04-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #400

Garage
Looks Great!

Van914 is offline   Reply With Quote