Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2015, 04:49 AM   #141

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
Sounds good Martin but like the one guy said, the second half of the video had too much wind noise. The sound is much clearer with the camera mounted on the back

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:10 AM   #142

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Haha yeah, but then you can't see the wheels spinning

I do have two now though so I could sink the sound with the back gopro
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #143

For those with earlier cars who might interested in drone elimination....I installed the Manzo exhaust. Horrible drone in the low rpms. New clamps, no leaks. I installed 2" motorcycle cheapo baffles to test the sound. Works amazingly. NO drone. Quiet in the cab top up, or top down. Still a nice and raspy sound out side and behind the car. I ordered a set of 2" car chemistry baffles. $100 for two. I think they will bring back some low tones and flow better. Will update with pics when they arrive.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #144

Garage
I just installed the Manzo muffler/TopSpeed test pipes on my 03 S. I used the "better" exhaust clamps. I have no drone and the whole thing sounds amazing. If you're interested in this mod, get hold of TopSpeed on the this forum and see if they'll extend the forum price. I got the TS test pipes for $159.

Good luck.

Tony
Old 07-31-2015, 12:53 PM   #145

Garage
I will be picking up my first Porsche next week, a 2001 Boxster S, and after reading about how everyone is loving this exhaust set up, this will be first mod for sure. Then followed by the GT series projector retrofit headlights! I can't wait have perma grin once I start driving this car!

Last edited by 01BOXYS; 07-31-2015 at 01:21 PM.
01BOXYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:48 AM   #146

finally installed the top speed muffler and pipes on my 2000 and boy does it sound marvelous!! initially had some exhaust leaks which caused some droning between 2k and 3 k (it was a bit loud but bearable) but after rolling with it for about 300 miles i re tightened everything (used the easy seal clamps) and now it's as crisp as it can be. droning is virtually gone and it's less loud but when you jump on it the sound is just as i would have wanted this car to sound from factory.

tunnels and overpasses are just instant stress relievers! sounds like a swarm of angry African bees and you just can't stop smiling! i was going to upgrade my sound system next but now.. who cares! gas mileage is in the toilet though.. i'm on the gas all the time.

my only regret is not installing this sooner although it was nice to experience the boxster in it's stock form which was not bad at all. i do miss the intake sound a bit.

best mod so far!! more people should experience this amount of fun for just 500$

Last edited by CrisZenithBlue; 12-15-2015 at 05:50 AM.
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote