Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #1

Aliexpress Exhaust.

Anyone seen this on Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000004903348.html

At the price, it is worth try. Just wondering if no balance pipe between the 2 sides would make a difference.

All feedback was 100%

Any comments

marsheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsheng View Post
Just wondering if no balance pipe between the 2 sides would make a
Yeah, you can absolutely bet dollars to donuts no balance pipe will make a difference... it's called:
D . R . O . N . E and it could potentially drive you bonkers if the headaches do not cause your head doesn't split open first...

Good luck but with something like this I like prefer having a local company to "help make things right if necessary". If you want to assume all the risk for $360 then go for it!

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 07-11-2019, 03:09 AM   #3
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Shipping is $158. **************** that.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #4

Garage
I hate Ali Express. They offer independent vendors products just like Amazon and when there's a problem they refer it to the vendor, who of course makes life difficult for you. I ordered something from them and when it arrived it had no resemblance with what was described and pictured. I refused to return it on my dime and insisted on getting my money back. Took a lot of work. I swore never, ever, to use them again.
2009 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible
1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Coupe
Anker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
Certified Boxster Addict

That's the same cat back that is sold under several different brand names (Manzo, Circuit Werks, TopSpeed, J2, etc). They are all the same. Standard price is around $400. This exhaust will add a few hp at the very high end of the RPM range compared to stock (I dyno tested mine vs the stock muffler). There is no increase in hp below 5K rpm so don't believe whatever hp numbers that the seller might quote. They are much lighter than the stock exhaust so there is definitely big weight savings. Some people experience significant drone in the mid-rpm range. Others do not, so it's a bit of a roll of the dice. With only the cat back exhaust, the loudness is generally acceptable. Its loud but not ridiculously so. If you also remove the cat's, the exhaust will be LOUD - possibly too loud for the street (unless that is what you want). Only you can decide if its worth the $360 to try it out. I have this exhaust (with no cats) on my street driven Spec Boxster race car and I always wear earplugs. YMMV.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 07-11-2019 at 08:42 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I have this exhaust (with no cats) on my street driven Spec Boxster race car and I always wear earplugs. YMMV.
Thanks for the info. I'll mull it over but I'm tending to do the deal. I already have new headers waiting to be used.

As for Aliexpress, I buy from them weekly, sometimes even more. Any issues I have had, I have got refunds. That happens in about 0.2% of the cases.

Just ordered 2 additional VF drives for my drill press and grinder. $120 for 2 including postage, 220 single phase in 3 phase out 1.5 kw. Delivery time to NZ, 7 days. Cant complain about that.

Cheers Wallace.

marsheng is offline   Reply With Quote