View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

That's the same cat back that is sold under several different brand names (Manzo, Circuit Werks, TopSpeed, J2, etc). They are all the same. Standard price is around $400. This exhaust will add a few hp at the very high end of the RPM range compared to stock (I dyno tested mine vs the stock muffler). There is no increase in hp below 5K rpm so don't believe whatever hp numbers that the seller might quote. They are much lighter than the stock exhaust so there is definitely big weight savings. Some people experience significant drone in the mid-rpm range. Others do not, so it's a bit of a roll of the dice. With only the cat back exhaust, the loudness is generally acceptable. Its loud but not ridiculously so. If you also remove the cat's, the exhaust will be LOUD - possibly too loud for the street (unless that is what you want). Only you can decide if its worth the $360 to try it out. I have this exhaust (with no cats) on my street driven Spec Boxster race car and I always wear earplugs. YMMV.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 07-11-2019 at 08:42 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote