Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #1

stuck door

My 98 boxster door locks have never worked. The remote does nothing and locking with the key only locked the driver's door. Locked it recently and now the door will not unlock. How do you open a stuck door? Will pull the panel and see what's broken inside but need to open it first.

ray_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_pilot View Post
My 98 boxster door locks have never worked. The remote does nothing and locking with the key only locked the driver's door. Locked it recently and now the door will not unlock. How do you open a stuck door? Will pull the panel and see what's broken inside but need to open it first.
If you unlock with the key, and keep it in the open position, will the windows go down?
If yes, try to use the inside lever. If the inside lever doesn’t work as well, apply light pressure with your body on the door, and then try to open it from the outside.
Once the door is open, don’t waste your time. Replace the locking mechanism.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #3

stuck door

Update.
Couldn't open it and was afraid that if I tried any harder I would break things. So, took it to a shop and let them do it. $853 later I am back on the road. With my new door locking mechanism. Plus some other minor repairs.
I prefer to do things myself - if I can. But I do believe the people at Greff Motors are honest and know what they are doing. So I have no complaints with them.

ray_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote