Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #1

Warm air.....well a little

I still have not gotten around to replacing my water pump, just working two jobs is a pain. MY car never runs hot, however this year when I increase the temperature on the control I have go all the way to the top to get really warm air out of the vents. My reservoir in the trunk is exactly where it should be on coolant level. My water pump is not noisy or leaking I am just wanting to do a preemptive PM on the car as I just hit 80K miles....Ideas ???

Thanks in advance

Dwight

Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:31 AM   #2

A preemptive strike on the waterpump won't hurt but I don't think that is your issue . I believe your issue is related to the breakdown of the foam insulation on the flapper doors in the heater box in the dash . You can get heat out of the system but generally have to set it to max temp but it will bleed down to luke warm . At least that what mine does .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:16 AM   #3

Read this...

Interior vent debris

I had the same issue, lukewarm heat even at Hi, did this repair yesterday and it produces hot air now! Also fixed center/ side vent control flap too, it was blowing air all the time. Added more air flow to defrost and floor when closed.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
A preemptive strike on the waterpump won't hurt but I don't think that is your issue . I believe your issue is related to the breakdown of the foam insulation on the flapper doors in the heater box in the dash . You can get heat out of the system but generally have to set it to max temp but it will bleed down to luke warm . At least that what mine does .
+1. I'm in NW FL and notice that during the rare times I want to run my heat full blast, my air is so so (as in not so) warm. I know my foam is long gone as it finally stopped blowing out the vents a few years ago. The issue is on my list but just not important enough for me to get excited about it or move it up the list.

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote