Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy I'm Selling It.....

After owning a new Boxster for only about two months I have decided to sell it.

I hope to buy another Porsche, probably a 911, in the near future but for now I will be back to my scooter.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,240
Why sell it? Are you frustrated with all the beautiful young women who hound you to give them rides and take pictures of them in swim suits?

It's bound to get worse driving a 911!
__________________
'97 Boxster (Black Hole for 42,000 Dead Presidents and counting) - 122k
New motor, transmission, suspension, and on and on and on it goes...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Smile

Interesting. If I had to choose, I would have the Box S in Red with Beige interior.

That's just me.
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Rail26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,147
Cartagena, post some pics of the hot chicks on your moped. That would be sweet!
__________________
'05 987 Basalt Black/Sand Beige
5 spd, 18" wheels
AH-64 Apache
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Annapolis Maryland
Posts: 1,528
Somehow, I suspect he's not going to have the same pull with the ladies...
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Japan
Posts: 342
Pics of "hot chicks" stolen from auto show in tokyo.
__________________
2004 Porsche Boxster S
threpwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #7
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I am probably going to leave Colombia for a while so I do not want it just sitting around losing value. I might buy another Boxster though considering the 911 is over $200,000 USD here. (The Boxster was about $80,000 USD and it is not the S model). I am waiting to see if it is true that the SOB Fidel is finally dead, and if so, I am heading to Cuba. If they open the economy in Cuba I will be posting photos of a Porsche parked in Havana.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,417
Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
I am probably going to leave Colombia for a while so I do not want it just sitting around losing value. I might buy another Boxster though considering the 911 is over $200,000 USD here. (The Boxster was about $80,000 USD and it is not the S model). I am waiting to see if it is true that the SOB Fidel is finally dead, and if so, I am heading to Cuba. If they open the economy in Cuba I will be posting photos of a Porsche parked in Havana.
Best of luck on your move!
__________________
-99' Zenith Blue 5-spd...didn't agree with a center divider on the freeway
-01' S Orient Red Metallic 6-spd...money pit...sold to buy a house
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:39 AM   #9
1JB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 166
Grizzly that's a really funny post. Thanks for the laugh.
__________________
2006 Boxster S
Midnight Blue/Metropol Blue Top
Bi Xenons
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
I am probably going to leave Colombia for a while so I do not want it just sitting around losing value. I might buy another Boxster though considering the 911 is over $200,000 USD here. (The Boxster was about $80,000 USD and it is not the S model). I am waiting to see if it is true that the SOB Fidel is finally dead, and if so, I am heading to Cuba. If they open the economy in Cuba I will be posting photos of a Porsche parked in Havana.

If they open up Cuba - you can come and stay at my family's plantation in Camaguay (assuming anything's left of it). It would be the first time my Mother and family would be back in Cuba since '59.
__________________

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 10
Typically demur Asian ladies (with long blond/brunette hair) in their kimonos.
KKast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #12
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Somehow, I suspect he's not going to have the same pull with the ladies...

That is funny because I think that is a Yamaha BWS which is EXACTLY what my other vehicle is. I will go from a 2006 Boxster to a old BWS when I sell it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #13
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
If they open up Cuba - you can come and stay at my family's plantation in Camaguay (assuming anything's left of it). It would be the first time my Mother and family would be back in Cuba since '59.
I spent about 5 years on the big banana until Fidel made it unbearable to live even for tourists. I have been to Camaguay a couple of times as well. First time I made the giant mistake of taking the train from Cienfuegos to Camagua. It was a Soviet train that must have been built in the 1950s with nice comfortable wood seats and constant fumes from the engine sufficient enough to kill any insects I might have picked up. If I remember correctly it was also about 11 hours since the train only went about 20 kilometers an hour. I am sure Camaguay was a beautiful city before the beard and will be once again after they bury him. I am not Cuban but I am excited as anyone in Miami about the news that the SOB may be dead. I dream of someday driving another Porsche around Havana or in the campo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
I spent about 5 years on the big banana until Fidel made it unbearable to live even for tourists. I have been to Camaguay a couple of times as well. First time I made the giant mistake of taking the train from Cienfuegos to Camagua. It was a Soviet train that must have been built in the 1950s with nice comfortable wood seats and constant fumes from the engine sufficient enough to kill any insects I might have picked up. If I remember correctly it was also about 11 hours since the train only went about 20 kilometers an hour. I am sure Camaguay was a beautiful city before the beard and will be once again after they bury him. I am not Cuban but I am excited as anyone in Miami about the news that the SOB may be dead. I dream of someday driving another Porsche around Havana or in the campo.
I've seen so many pictures and heard so many stories of my Mom's home and the plantation in Camaguay I can practically breathe it right now at my desk. I think one of the first things we'd do would be to hunt down the "treasure". Apparently my grandfather used to bury money. Of course, the directions are a bit cryptic and probably unusable (15 steps from the old lime tree in the SW orchard). I've spent my whole life learning about "my heritage" without once visiting it - Man I hope it happens. It would mean so much to finally "go home".....
__________________

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #15
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
I've seen so many pictures and heard so many stories of my Mom's home and the plantation in Camaguay I can practically breathe it right now at my desk. I think one of the first things we'd do would be to hunt down the "treasure". Apparently my grandfather used to bury money. Of course, the directions are a bit cryptic and probably unusable (15 steps from the old lime tree in the SW orchard). I've spent my whole life learning about "my heritage" without once visiting it - Man I hope it happens. It would mean so much to finally "go home".....
Camaguay, like any Cuban city, now looks like a hurricane hit it 10 years ago and no one repaired anything. (Hurricane Fidel.) I remember how the steeple of the old church can be seen from all over the city but the church itself was chained up and closed. There was a statue of Mary behind the closed steal gates that looked like she was in prison. The baby was missing from the manger, I assume stolen. (See the irony?)

I think Fidel is either dead or 100% incapicitated. He is too crazy to give up power any other way. I use to watch the lunatic on CubaVision rambling on every night. In Cuba there are only two channels and when he talks he is on both. Raul is either kissing his boyfriend goodbye, busy packing up bags of money or in prison. (Notice the U.S. media is not saying "coup" but no one can explain where the brother is?) I think things are about to change and am preparing to return for that reason. I want to drink rum on the malecon once again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #16
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
By the way, is it Denver "Pete" or Denver "Pepe"!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
By the way, is it Denver "Pete" or Denver "Pepe"!!!!
That'd be PEDRO buddy!
__________________

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #18
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cuban Porsche....
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #19
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
Cuban Porsche....

Good one!

Long live Fidel!........NOT!

May there be a special place in hell for FC.
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #20
cartagena
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Good one!

Long live Fidel!........NOT!

May there be a special place in hell for FC.

Fidel dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there, St. Peter tells him that he is not on the list and that no way, no how, does he belong in heaven. Fidel must go to hell.

So Fidel goes to hell where Satan gives him a hearty welcome and tells him to make himself at home. Then Fidel notices that he left his luggage in heaven and tells Satan, who says, "No hay problema, I'll send a couple of little devils to get your stuff."

When the little devils get to heaven they find the gates are locked -St. Peter is having lunch - and they start debating what to do. Finally one comes up with the idea that they should go over the wall and get the luggage.

As they are climbing the wall, two little angels see them, and one angel says to the other, "Oh No! Fidel has been in hell no more than ten minutes and we're already getting refugees!"

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page