986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   I'm Selling It..... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/7015-im-selling.html)

cartagena 08-09-2006 05:08 PM

I'm Selling It.....
 
After owning a new Boxster for only about two months I have decided to sell it. :(

I hope to buy another Porsche, probably a 911, in the near future but for now I will be back to my scooter. :eek:

RandallNeighbour 08-09-2006 05:39 PM

Why sell it? Are you frustrated with all the beautiful young women who hound you to give them rides and take pictures of them in swim suits?

It's bound to get worse driving a 911! :D

Brucelee 08-09-2006 07:40 PM

Interesting. If I had to choose, I would have the Box S in Red with Beige interior.

That's just me.

Rail26 08-09-2006 08:09 PM

Cartagena, post some pics of the hot chicks on your moped. That would be sweet!

Grizzly 08-09-2006 08:47 PM

Somehow, I suspect he's not going to have the same pull with the ladies...

threpwood 08-09-2006 09:55 PM

Pics of "hot chicks" stolen from auto show in tokyo.

cartagena 08-09-2006 11:57 PM

I am probably going to leave Colombia for a while so I do not want it just sitting around losing value. I might buy another Boxster though considering the 911 is over $200,000 USD here. (The Boxster was about $80,000 USD and it is not the S model). I am waiting to see if it is true that the SOB Fidel is finally dead, and if so, I am heading to Cuba. If they open the economy in Cuba I will be posting photos of a Porsche parked in Havana.

blinkwatt 08-10-2006 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartagena
I am probably going to leave Colombia for a while so I do not want it just sitting around losing value. I might buy another Boxster though considering the 911 is over $200,000 USD here. (The Boxster was about $80,000 USD and it is not the S model). I am waiting to see if it is true that the SOB Fidel is finally dead, and if so, I am heading to Cuba. If they open the economy in Cuba I will be posting photos of a Porsche parked in Havana.

Best of luck on your move!

1JB 08-10-2006 05:39 AM

Grizzly that's a really funny post. Thanks for the laugh.

denverpete 08-10-2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartagena
I am probably going to leave Colombia for a while so I do not want it just sitting around losing value. I might buy another Boxster though considering the 911 is over $200,000 USD here. (The Boxster was about $80,000 USD and it is not the S model). I am waiting to see if it is true that the SOB Fidel is finally dead, and if so, I am heading to Cuba. If they open the economy in Cuba I will be posting photos of a Porsche parked in Havana.


If they open up Cuba - you can come and stay at my family's plantation in Camaguay (assuming anything's left of it). It would be the first time my Mother and family would be back in Cuba since '59.

KKast 08-10-2006 09:29 AM

Typically demur Asian ladies (with long blond/brunette hair) in their kimonos.

cartagena 08-10-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Somehow, I suspect he's not going to have the same pull with the ladies...


That is funny because I think that is a Yamaha BWS which is EXACTLY what my other vehicle is. I will go from a 2006 Boxster to a old BWS when I sell it. :eek:

cartagena 08-10-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverpete
If they open up Cuba - you can come and stay at my family's plantation in Camaguay (assuming anything's left of it). It would be the first time my Mother and family would be back in Cuba since '59.

I spent about 5 years on the big banana until Fidel made it unbearable to live even for tourists. I have been to Camaguay a couple of times as well. First time I made the giant mistake of taking the train from Cienfuegos to Camagua. It was a Soviet train that must have been built in the 1950s with nice comfortable wood seats and constant fumes from the engine sufficient enough to kill any insects I might have picked up. If I remember correctly it was also about 11 hours since the train only went about 20 kilometers an hour. I am sure Camaguay was a beautiful city before the beard and will be once again after they bury him. I am not Cuban but I am excited as anyone in Miami about the news that the SOB may be dead. I dream of someday driving another Porsche around Havana or in the campo.

denverpete 08-10-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartagena
I spent about 5 years on the big banana until Fidel made it unbearable to live even for tourists. I have been to Camaguay a couple of times as well. First time I made the giant mistake of taking the train from Cienfuegos to Camagua. It was a Soviet train that must have been built in the 1950s with nice comfortable wood seats and constant fumes from the engine sufficient enough to kill any insects I might have picked up. If I remember correctly it was also about 11 hours since the train only went about 20 kilometers an hour. I am sure Camaguay was a beautiful city before the beard and will be once again after they bury him. I am not Cuban but I am excited as anyone in Miami about the news that the SOB may be dead. I dream of someday driving another Porsche around Havana or in the campo.

I've seen so many pictures and heard so many stories of my Mom's home and the plantation in Camaguay I can practically breathe it right now at my desk. I think one of the first things we'd do would be to hunt down the "treasure". Apparently my grandfather used to bury money. Of course, the directions are a bit cryptic and probably unusable (15 steps from the old lime tree in the SW orchard). I've spent my whole life learning about "my heritage" without once visiting it - Man I hope it happens. It would mean so much to finally "go home".....

cartagena 08-10-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverpete
I've seen so many pictures and heard so many stories of my Mom's home and the plantation in Camaguay I can practically breathe it right now at my desk. I think one of the first things we'd do would be to hunt down the "treasure". Apparently my grandfather used to bury money. Of course, the directions are a bit cryptic and probably unusable (15 steps from the old lime tree in the SW orchard). I've spent my whole life learning about "my heritage" without once visiting it - Man I hope it happens. It would mean so much to finally "go home".....

Camaguay, like any Cuban city, now looks like a hurricane hit it 10 years ago and no one repaired anything. (Hurricane Fidel.) I remember how the steeple of the old church can be seen from all over the city but the church itself was chained up and closed. There was a statue of Mary behind the closed steal gates that looked like she was in prison. The baby was missing from the manger, I assume stolen. (See the irony?)

I think Fidel is either dead or 100% incapicitated. He is too crazy to give up power any other way. I use to watch the lunatic on CubaVision rambling on every night. In Cuba there are only two channels and when he talks he is on both. Raul is either kissing his boyfriend goodbye, busy packing up bags of money or in prison. (Notice the U.S. media is not saying "coup" but no one can explain where the brother is?) I think things are about to change and am preparing to return for that reason. I want to drink rum on the malecon once again.

cartagena 08-10-2006 12:17 PM

By the way, is it Denver "Pete" or Denver "Pepe"!!!! :D

denverpete 08-10-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartagena
By the way, is it Denver "Pete" or Denver "Pepe"!!!! :D

That'd be PEDRO buddy!

cartagena 08-10-2006 03:10 PM

Cuban Porsche....

Brucelee 08-10-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartagena
Cuban Porsche....


Good one!

Long live Fidel!........NOT!

May there be a special place in hell for FC.

cartagena 08-10-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucelee
Good one!

Long live Fidel!........NOT!

May there be a special place in hell for FC.


Fidel dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there, St. Peter tells him that he is not on the list and that no way, no how, does he belong in heaven. Fidel must go to hell.

So Fidel goes to hell where Satan gives him a hearty welcome and tells him to make himself at home. Then Fidel notices that he left his luggage in heaven and tells Satan, who says, "No hay problema, I'll send a couple of little devils to get your stuff."

When the little devils get to heaven they find the gates are locked -St. Peter is having lunch - and they start debating what to do. Finally one comes up with the idea that they should go over the wall and get the luggage.

As they are climbing the wall, two little angels see them, and one angel says to the other, "Oh No! Fidel has been in hell no more than ten minutes and we're already getting refugees!"


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website