Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #1

2007 Boxster S Invoice

I thought some might have interest in seeing a sample 2007 Boxster S invoice. The option pricing (from the sample on this car) looks pretty much the same as in previous years. My rep did tell me that windstop will no longer be bundled with Bose.

2007 order guide is still not available to dealer personnel for the Box, although the 2007 Cayman and 2007 Turbo 911 order guides are.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
bmussatti

SD987, this is with the new 3.4 Engine...right? With 295 HP?

Not a bad price increase over the 2006's. Only $800. That's only $53.33 per HP. At least new owners will be getting something (added HP's) for the price increase. I think the 2006 price increase over the 2005's was $1,600.

I would have liked the extra 15 ponies....but I would not have been willing to wait another year for the car.

I bet some buyers of the 2006's in dealership inventory can get some great deals when the 07's start rolling in!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
My rep did tell me that windstop will no longer be bundled with Bose.
You could always buy the Bose and windstop separately on the 987. Some dealers (like mine) would list the two as individual items on the order and you could end up paying $140 more than necessary ($1325 vs. $1185). It's not a lot of extra money in the scheme of things, but is is yet another way for Porsche to extract even more money from the customers. (Are you sure your rep isn't telling you that they're no longer bundled because he made the same mistake?)

By the way, why black mats instead of cocoa? (I should add that I just replaced my stock mats with Lloyd custom mats and there is a big difference in quality. If you can take the stock black mats off the order and apply the $115 to customs, you should do so IMHO.)
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander1
By the way, why black mats instead of cocoa? (I should add that I just replaced my stock mats with Lloyd custom mats and there is a big difference in quality. If you can take the stock black mats off the order and apply the $115 to customs, you should do so IMHO.)
I have seen this a lot, dealers ordering cars with "darker" colored mats. Especially on dark blue cars with sand beige interiors. They put dark blue mats in. They must think they will stay cleaner.

Cocoa is a dark interior (beautiful leather!) so I am surprised they would match it up with black mats.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #5

If there was any confusion, let me clear it by saying this is not my special order (yes, the 3.4/295hp). Pioneer is trying to find a car matching my specifications, before I go down the special order route. Other than the color, this car matches little of what I'm looking for (for starters, it's a Tip), and I was at something of a loss as to why the sales rep emailed me about it.

Yes, I am aware that Bose and windstop can currently be optioned separately instead of bundled, but from what my sales rep is telling me, they will no longer be bundled for '07.

I've seen some odd floor mat combinations in inventories as well, might have something to do with the matching interior floor mats that come with the preferred package vs. option XX1 (Set of two floor mats with matching leather trim surround and embroidered Porsche logo in Silver).

Bmussatti, I agree that there will be some significant discounting going on with the '06s, and I'm planning on waiting till the '07s are on the lot, do a drive comparison and then go from there.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
bmussatti

SD987, soooo...you want a Carrara White Boxster! This is a great color. Very easy to keep clean. I am a little biased, though.

Lets us know what you think of the 3.4L engine. I do find it hard to believe that the 15 HP (5%) will be very noticeable, but maybe it is more about torque and the type of variocam they are using.

If you bought a 2007 what would you do with your 05? Trade in or sell on your own?

Good luck.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
bmussatti

SD987, I just realized that this is a 55 HP (23%) gain for you (since you have the 987 base) so, I stand corrected, you should notice a HUGE increase!!

Can you say giddy-up!!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #8

bmussatti, did you just get the 06 ? I thought you had an older boxster before ?
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
bmussatti, did you just get the 06 ? I thought you had an older boxster before ?
Hey NickCats, this is my first Porsche. I ordered it in August 2005 and took delivery in late March, this year. The longest 8 months of my life!!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:24 AM   #10

I can imagine ! But that must be awesome to have a brand new Box and know that every mile on the car was driven by you.

Your signature changed, that's what threw me off...
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #11
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
I can imagine ! But that must be awesome to have a brand new Box and know that every mile on the car was driven by you.

Your signature changed, that's what threw me off...
Exactly, that was one of the (many) reasons I did a custom order. Other reasons included a very specific build & options request and I did not want to pay for car storage last winter.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
SD987, I just realized that this is a 55 HP (23%) gain for you (since you have the 987 base) so, I stand corrected, you should notice a HUGE increase!!

Can you say giddy-up!!
Really?
me thinks a HUGE increcease would be putting the Boxster WELL into the 300HP category from 280HP.
This nonsense from Porsche can't go on forever. Merc and BMW have no qualms about dropping big power in their roadsters. A 350(for starters) would be no problema for Porsche. They have a wide array trick horses...which I think have beat to death some more.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:46 AM   #13
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Really?
me thinks a HUGE increcease would be putting the Boxster WELL into the 300HP category from 280HP.
This nonsense from Porsche can't go on forever. Merc and BMW have no qualms about dropping big power in their roadsters. A 350(for starters) would be no problema for Porsche. They have a wide array trick horses...which I think have beat to death some more.

Perfectlap, my point here is that a 2007 987S vs. a 2005 Base will have a large HP increase (55 HP or 23%), and that SD987 should see a difference during a test drive. I am not making comparisons to other roadsters.

As for MB and BMW with larger power plants...maybe that's (one of) their point of differentiation vs. Porsche. As we all know, there is much more to the Porsche driving and ownership experience than just raw HP.

Maybe MB and BMW feel that they can't really "compete" with Porsche, so they throw in a bunch of HP's and hope this brings in potential buyers to the dealership.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #14

Smile

While it is ALL subjective, 70 large is a bit much for me for a Boxster.

You have to admit, Porsche has some cajones.

Pretty car though, quick too!

Last edited by Brucelee; 07-13-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #15

I agree take the engines out and teh BMW and Mercs are no match for the Porsche on similar power. But really there is NO REASON why Porsche shouldn't at least give the buyer a extra couple of check boxes:
  • Turbo

I mean seriously if you are going to charge $70,00 large for a car with barely 300HP at least give us some options!

You know if this were the early 90's when at one point Porsche sold fewer than 1,000 911's in North America we'd see that check box for sure.
With a slowing economy, rising interest rates and introduction of the Cayman and the option of a Cayman engine in the Boxster, I think things may force Porsche to stop being so sure of themselves and start offering choices.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 AM   #16
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
I think things may force Porsche to stop being so sure of themselves and start offering choices.

Heck, the 2006 Boxster Order Guide is 60 pages long! There are plenty of choices. So many, it took me about 6 weeks to finalize my "build" last Fall.

Now, a page in the front section for engine choices, like you suggest, would be a great addition.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #17
PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
While it is ALL subjective, 70 large is a bit much for me for a Boxster.

You have to admit, Porsche has some cajones.

Pretty car though, quick too!
This is in line with my thinking - and is this invoice price or what they would sell it to you for?

By the time you add in sales tax and registration fees, you're going to be north of $75K
PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #18
bmussatti

The invoice above, which is being used as an example, is heavily optioned, in my opinion (Tip, full leather, power seats, wheel upgrade). Most 987S' that I see are closer to $60K than they are to $70. Granted, both are big numbers.