Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
07 Carrera S Cab
 
Boxtaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,273
Garage
Can someone pls photoshop a side decal for me?...

I want to see how a PORSCHE side decal would look against the wheels I have. From what I've seen, they look best against black wheels, and mine aren't black, although close. Thanks!

__________________
Current: 07 Carrera S Cab in Midnight Blue

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Tannersville PA
Posts: 471
Fast and dirty

achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
07 Carrera S Cab
 
Boxtaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,273
Garage
Awesome. Thank you sir! Doesn't look half bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillies View Post
Fast and dirty

__________________
Current: 07 Carrera S Cab in Midnight Blue

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dahlonega , Georgia
Posts: 1,067
My 2 cents.......as an Arctic silver owner I don't like it. I'm fine with the stripe but the Porsche script just doesn't do it for me. Seems too much like advertising . Yes I know there are plenty of classic Porsche's out there with similar script but it just doesn't look right on a modern Porsche . 
__________________
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution.
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
07 Carrera S Cab
 
Boxtaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,273
Garage
I know what you're saying, but in all honesty, the 986 series isn't really modern anymore in my book. I've had my car 15 yrs now, and I was just thinking of something to refresh it. I sometimes like the look, but at the same time, think it does shout "look at me" when people already know it's a Porsche. Also, maybe it's in my mind, but since it's not a high-end Porsche, it might garner some sneers from folks who are running with 991s and Turbos who might view it as a poor guy with the bottom basement Porsche that is trying to announce to the world that he has a Porsche. Lol. What I'm hoping to do is just do tasteful mods that make the car look different from a standard Boxster, but still stay classy.

I saw the decal up close and in person at a cars and coffee one weekend. It was on a nice gentleman's silver Boxster that was very personalized to say the least. The stripe looked ok from a distance, but up close it was obvious that it was a sticker and that kinda turned me off. Regardless, I'll still think about it I'm sure as the mod bug never ends.

__________________
Current: 07 Carrera S Cab in Midnight Blue

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 11-03-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #6
CEL P0306
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle
Posts: 122
Garage
Looks cool. I say go for it. Besides, you can always take it off.
aczyzewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:50 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dahlonega , Georgia
Posts: 1,067
How about stripes that are closer to " ghost " stripes ? Gray stripes that are 2-3 shades darker than the Arctic silver for example. Just enough contrast so you see them but still classy . Just a thought .
__________________
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution.
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:56 AM   #8
07 Carrera S Cab
 
Boxtaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,273
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
How about stripes that are closer to " ghost " stripes ? Gray stripes that are 2-3 shades darker than the Arctic silver for example. Just enough contrast so you see them but still classy . Just a thought .
I was actually thinking that...a dark grey, for example, like my wheel color. What I think might look cool also are the Martini stripes, but then I'd have to do the hood and trunk. It never ends. lol
__________________
Current: 07 Carrera S Cab in Midnight Blue

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:28 AM   #9
Registered User
 
heliguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy View Post
I know what you're saying, but in all honesty, the 986 series isn't really modern anymore in my book. I've had my car 15 yrs now, and I was just thinking of something to refresh it. I sometimes like the look, but at the same time, think it does shout "look at me" when people already know it's a Porsche. Also, maybe it's in my mind, but since it's not a high-end Porsche, it might garner some sneers from folks who are running with 991s and Turbos who might view it as a poor guy with the bottom basement Porsche that is trying to announce to the world that he has a Porsche. Lol. What I'm hoping to do is just do tasteful mods that make the car look different from a standard Boxster, but still stay classy.

I saw the decal up close and in person at a cars and coffee one weekend. It was on a nice gentleman's silver Boxster that was very personalized to say the least. The stripe looked ok from a distance, but up close it was obvious that it was a sticker and that kinda turned me off. Regardless, I'll still think about it I'm sure as the mod bug never ends.

It's just a stripe, customization. You are not shouting anything that everyone doesn't know. The majority of the car driving world doesn't know 993 from 986 from 991, they just know Porsche.

heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:45 AM   #10
Registered User
 
jb92563's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,664
How about this Hypershift pearl plastidip update or a Martini sticker?

__________________
"It broke because it wants to be Upgraded "
2012 Porsche Performance Driving School - SanDiego region
2001 Boxster S, Top Speed muffler, (Fred's) Mini Morimotto Projectors, Tarret UDP,
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 11-04-2016 at 06:52 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:53 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
It's just a stripe, customization. You are not shouting anything that everyone doesn't know. The majority of the car driving world doesn't know 993 from 986 from 991, they just know Porsche.

That looks awesome. I love it. I have black with a white stripe. I didn't like it at first and almost stopped me from buying the car, but now I like it and am glad I have it when I see a black 986 with no stripe it looks plain to me...
Attached Images
 
__________________
2003 Boxster S
2004 Carrera Cab

Last edited by Myoung73; 11-04-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Myoung73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #12
07 Carrera S Cab
 
Boxtaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,273
Garage
Looks nice fellas. Just gotta get over the look from it when like 5 feet away when it looks like an applied sticker. Saw some stripes on a couple Ferraris at a cars and coffee, and for some reason, they looked painted on.
__________________
Current: 07 Carrera S Cab in Midnight Blue

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page