View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I know what you're saying, but in all honesty, the 986 series isn't really modern anymore in my book. I've had my car 15 yrs now, and I was just thinking of something to refresh it. I sometimes like the look, but at the same time, think it does shout "look at me" when people already know it's a Porsche. Also, maybe it's in my mind, but since it's not a high-end Porsche, it might garner some sneers from folks who are running with 991s and Turbos who might view it as a poor guy with the bottom basement Porsche that is trying to announce to the world that he has a Porsche. Lol. What I'm hoping to do is just do tasteful mods that make the car look different from a standard Boxster, but still stay classy.

I saw the decal up close and in person at a cars and coffee one weekend. It was on a nice gentleman's silver Boxster that was very personalized to say the least. The stripe looked ok from a distance, but up close it was obvious that it was a sticker and that kinda turned me off. Regardless, I'll still think about it I'm sure as the mod bug never ends.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 11-03-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote