Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 06:35 AM   #1

Porsche Show in Denver Area

For those of you in Colorado, the 23rd Annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d'Elegance is this Sunday, June 4, on the grounds of Arapahoe Comm. College, 5900 S. Santa Fe Dr., Littleton. Hours are 9am - 3pm.
Organizers are expecting about 350 cars, of which Porsche is typically the largest single marque, with probably 150 or so cars. This is a major event for the local PCA club, so lots of cars turn out.

I will be there with my '99 Box, spit-shined within an inch of it's life. Entrant No. 375 in your program and #1 in my heart. If you attend, be sure and stop by my car and introduce yourself, if you are so inclined. I would enjoy meeting the local members of the forum.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:38 AM   #2

While I plan on installing sod on Sunday - I'll see if I can't swing by....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #3

Pete, ANYTHING is better than planting sod!

The wife might not agree, but I think you should go.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #4

Ron - looks like I'm not putting in sod, but I do have "yard work". I'm still going to try and swing by....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
Porscheectomy

It looks like Porsche had the best showing of the exotics. There were alot of really beautiful 356s and a gorgous 550 spyder. Did anyone take any pictures?
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #6

I took a few pix, but only of my own car, and the car next to me.
The 550 was a repro, a Beck Spyder. Nicely done nevertheless.
There was a beautiful D-Type Jag there, but it too was a repro. Also the usual collection of repro Cobras, and one REAL 289 Cobra.
There were about 7 or 8 Boxsters and 1 Cayman. I came home with the 1st place ribbon in the Boxster class, so I am happy about that.
I have attached (I hope) a pic of my car and the car parked next to me, a '72 911T that the owner had purchased new from Brumos Porsche in Fla. It is a special color "Gulf Racing Orange". According to the owner it was specially painted by Porsche for Gulf as part of a Daytona promotion in '72. After owning the car for years, the owner stripped it down to the tub and added the flares and all the other custom stuff.
All in all a great show, as they usually are.
Oops the pic was too big so I'll have to try again.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:42 AM   #7

Here are the pics I took at the show. Organizers expected about 350 cars and at the awards ceremony they said they ended up with about 325 registered. Porsches by far the largest single marque, but not the 150 cars I speculated. More like half that. Also about 25 Ferraris, a pack of 'Vettes. Everything else under the sun, from a '29 Bugatti to '06 Whatevers.
Pardon my egotism on the pics, as they are all about me. But then it was my camera, and I can take pictures of whatever I want, right?
The orange 911 was extremely popular amongst the crowd, whilst Susie the yellow Box sat in the corner like the plain girl at the dance, exciting interest and comment mostly from people contemplating buying one. And all of them want to know about the RMS.
At the end of the day, however, I went home with a blue ribbon, and the guy with the orange 911 had to be satisfied with a red.