Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 06:40 AM   #1

She's a dirty girl

Does everyone's 986 rear end get dirt covered after a nominally short time? We're talking write your name on it dirty. Car is Lapis Blue and really shows the dust on the rear quarters.

TPRJIMMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #2
I am my own mechanic....

Yes..........
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:14 AM   #3

Garage
Welcome to the "my lapis blue boxster is dirty before I've even finished drying it" club.

Love the color and she really sparkles when it's clean and polished but dang is it hard to keep up with.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #4

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
No problems with a silver car
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #5

Garage
The way that air wraps around the car a lot cakes onto the plastic rear bumper. Easily the dirtiest part of the car.

18 inch wheels make it worse.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #6

Garage
I think Lapis Blue is awesome from the pics I've seen here....can't be any worse than black for upkeep I don't think.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #7
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
+1 Arctic Silver :dance:
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #8

California duster is a must!!!
Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #9
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Drive, clean, rinse, repeat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #10
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
Drive, clean, rinse, repeat

Dude, I wish!
With 2 kids, home and work, I'm lucky enough to get seat time.
Damn the bug guts, full speed ahead!
As mentioned previously, Arctic Silver helps a lot...
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:42 PM   #11
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Hey, I have a Midnight Blue Metallic, practically black in some light conditions, and it shows every imperfection. Being that I'm pretty anal about keeping the old gal looking good (as possible), and my kids are all (nearly) grown, I don't mind doing it.....kinda like it actually. You should have seen it after I did hours of top down driving on dirt/gravel roads going on a covered bridge tour last weekend - dirt/dust inside and out in every nook and cranny. But it was a fun drive!

So, yeah .......full speed ahead

Old 06-27-2016, 06:29 AM   #12

Huh, didn't everyones car come with the electrostatic field neutralizer?

As you drive the air rubbing against your car creates a charge on the paint surface which attracts dust.

Sometimes you get a static shock when entering or leaving your car, due to the build up charge.

The problem is you need to neutralize that charge by draining it to ground, which is a bit of an issue while underway.

Antistatic strap for cars - STOP static shocks! Stop Static Electricity in your vehicle!
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Huh, didn't everyones car come with the electrostatic field neutralizer?

As you drive the air rubbing against your car creates a charge on the paint surface which attracts dust.

Sometimes you get a static shock when entering or leaving your car, due to the build up charge.

The problem is you need to neutralize that charge by draining it to ground, which is a bit of an issue while underway.

Antistatic strap for cars - STOP static shocks! Stop Static Electricity in your vehicle!
This might be my favorite testimonial from that link.
Testimonials

Thousands of people have been using the Mizter anti static strap all over the world.

"For years I have experienced extreme fatigue and falling asleep when driving
- even on a short one hour trip. So, to have experienced such immediate and dramatic results since using your Mizter anti static strap deserves recognition.

The difference in my mental alertness during a 10-hour drive (in the evening hour) and resulting energy after this long drive was impressive. I did not have to stop to rest, walk, eat and all the other tricks .I used to stay awake in the past.
At the end of my 10-hour drive, I also had lots of energy left to visit with family.

On hearing of my experience both my sister and a dear friend have successfully used your anti-static device to eliminate their vehicles from shocking them. Additionally, as a passenger in their cars, I would have normally been very motion sick. This did not happen even when I rode in the backseat! (Wow, I wish we had used this when I was a kid.) My family is sold on the validity of the Mizter. It was such a simple and practical approach. Thanks for your innovative work.

Gratefully,"
Juanell L. - GermanTown, TN
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #14

Midnight Blue Metallic here, and yes, she looks fantastic after a wash but shows every molecule of pollen and dust. Worth it!
Old 06-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #15
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBeerToad View Post
This might be my favorite testimonial from that link.

Testimonials

Thousands of people have been using the Mizter anti static strap all over the world.

"For years I have experienced extreme fatigue and falling asleep when driving

- even on a short one hour trip. So, to have experienced such immediate and dramatic results since using your Mizter anti static strap deserves recognition.

The difference in my mental alertness during a 10-hour drive (in the evening hour) and resulting energy after this long drive was impressive. I did not have to stop to rest, walk, eat and all the other tricks .I used to stay awake in the past.

At the end of my 10-hour drive, I also had lots of energy left to visit with family.

On hearing of my experience both my sister and a dear friend have successfully used your anti-static device to eliminate their vehicles from shocking them. Additionally, as a passenger in their cars, I would have normally been very motion sick. This did not happen even when I rode in the backseat! (Wow, I wish we had used this when I was a kid.) My family is sold on the validity of the Mizter. It was such a simple and practical approach. Thanks for your innovative work.

Gratefully,"

Juanell L. - GermanTown, TN

Juanell forgot to mention his renewed vigor in the sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk