986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   She's a dirty girl (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/62136-shes-dirty-girl.html)

TPRJIMMI 06-26-2016 06:40 AM

She's a dirty girl

Does everyone's 986 rear end get dirt covered after a nominally short time? We're talking write your name on it dirty. Car is Lapis Blue and really shows the dust on the rear quarters.

Timco 06-26-2016 06:43 AM

Yes..........

jdraupp 06-26-2016 07:14 AM

Welcome to the "my lapis blue boxster is dirty before I've even finished drying it" club.

Love the color and she really sparkles when it's clean and polished but dang is it hard to keep up with.

Fintro11 06-26-2016 07:49 AM

No problems with a silver car

BIGJake111 06-26-2016 10:31 AM

The way that air wraps around the car a lot cakes onto the plastic rear bumper. Easily the dirtiest part of the car.

18 inch wheels make it worse.

ccjazz 06-26-2016 11:00 AM

I think Lapis Blue is awesome from the pics I've seen here....can't be any worse than black for upkeep I don't think.

rexcramer 06-26-2016 12:00 PM

+1 Arctic Silver :dance:

Disaster 06-26-2016 12:07 PM

California duster is a must!!!

grc0456 06-26-2016 01:55 PM

Drive, clean, rinse, repeat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoxsterSteve 06-26-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grc0456 (Post 501094)
Drive, clean, rinse, repeat

Dude, I wish!
With 2 kids, home and work, I'm lucky enough to get seat time.
Damn the bug guts, full speed ahead!
As mentioned previously, Arctic Silver helps a lot...

grc0456 06-26-2016 05:42 PM

Hey, I have a Midnight Blue Metallic, practically black in some light conditions, and it shows every imperfection. Being that I'm pretty anal about keeping the old gal looking good (as possible), and my kids are all (nearly) grown, I don't mind doing it.....kinda like it actually. You should have seen it after I did hours of top down driving on dirt/gravel roads going on a covered bridge tour last weekend - dirt/dust inside and out in every nook and cranny. But it was a fun drive!

So, yeah .......full speed ahead [emoji106]

jb92563 06-27-2016 06:29 AM

Huh, didn't everyones car come with the electrostatic field neutralizer?

As you drive the air rubbing against your car creates a charge on the paint surface which attracts dust.

Sometimes you get a static shock when entering or leaving your car, due to the build up charge.

The problem is you need to neutralize that charge by draining it to ground, which is a bit of an issue while underway.

Antistatic strap for cars - STOP static shocks! Stop Static Electricity in your vehicle!

CoBeerToad 06-27-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb92563 (Post 501170)
Huh, didn't everyones car come with the electrostatic field neutralizer?

As you drive the air rubbing against your car creates a charge on the paint surface which attracts dust.

Sometimes you get a static shock when entering or leaving your car, due to the build up charge.

The problem is you need to neutralize that charge by draining it to ground, which is a bit of an issue while underway.

Antistatic strap for cars - STOP static shocks! Stop Static Electricity in your vehicle!

This might be my favorite testimonial from that link.
Testimonials

Thousands of people have been using the Mizter anti static strap all over the world.

"For years I have experienced extreme fatigue and falling asleep when driving
- even on a short one hour trip. So, to have experienced such immediate and dramatic results since using your Mizter anti static strap deserves recognition.

The difference in my mental alertness during a 10-hour drive (in the evening hour) and resulting energy after this long drive was impressive. I did not have to stop to rest, walk, eat and all the other tricks .I used to stay awake in the past.
At the end of my 10-hour drive, I also had lots of energy left to visit with family.

On hearing of my experience both my sister and a dear friend have successfully used your anti-static device to eliminate their vehicles from shocking them. Additionally, as a passenger in their cars, I would have normally been very motion sick. This did not happen even when I rode in the backseat! (Wow, I wish we had used this when I was a kid.) My family is sold on the validity of the Mizter. It was such a simple and practical approach. Thanks for your innovative work.

Gratefully,"
Juanell L. - GermanTown, TN

Finnegan 06-27-2016 07:38 AM

Midnight Blue Metallic here, and yes, she looks fantastic after a wash but shows every molecule of pollen and dust. Worth it!

grc0456 06-27-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoBeerToad (Post 501182)
This might be my favorite testimonial from that link.

Testimonials

Thousands of people have been using the Mizter anti static strap all over the world.

"For years I have experienced extreme fatigue and falling asleep when driving

- even on a short one hour trip. So, to have experienced such immediate and dramatic results since using your Mizter anti static strap deserves recognition.

The difference in my mental alertness during a 10-hour drive (in the evening hour) and resulting energy after this long drive was impressive. I did not have to stop to rest, walk, eat and all the other tricks .I used to stay awake in the past.

At the end of my 10-hour drive, I also had lots of energy left to visit with family.

On hearing of my experience both my sister and a dear friend have successfully used your anti-static device to eliminate their vehicles from shocking them. Additionally, as a passenger in their cars, I would have normally been very motion sick. This did not happen even when I rode in the backseat! (Wow, I wish we had used this when I was a kid.) My family is sold on the validity of the Mizter. It was such a simple and practical approach. Thanks for your innovative work.

Gratefully,"

Juanell L. - GermanTown, TN

Juanell forgot to mention his renewed vigor in the sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk