Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 07:44 PM   #21

99 Boxster- talked with my dealer Tom Wood Porsche and Audi in Indy. They ORDERED my seat from Porsche (which I received) and said that they could get more. Still not sure why your dealer can't.

jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #22

Thanks

I'll look up your dealer on the internet and call about getting a seat. Thanks for asking I appreciate it!!!!
99Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #23

I am now in the market for the Airbag deactivation kit and my dealer is saying it will cost $698. That's insane!

Has anyone else had the dealer willing to pay for it or labor for free? I would think this would be a requirement.

If anyone is aware of an 'angle' I can use to try to make this work, let me know.

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #24

Hey guys, help me out here. Is the deactivation kit the thing that plugs into the seat belt or the harness (sorry the car's not here and I can't remember exactly where it's plugged in)? Is there any more to it than that? I think I have one installed in my car, and since both of my children are Pekingese I probably won't be needing it. I'm happy to help if I have what you're looking for.

Chris
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #25

Not a silly question at all

My children love the S. I had to get the Porsche seat because I needed the airbag deactivation device ('03 car). It was not cheap, but totally worth it. Highly recommended.

rdynamix is offline   Reply With Quote