Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2016, 05:08 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
P.S. My guess is forgetting to tighten lug nuts...................I've done worse.
DING DING DING, We have a winner! Ok technically no, but close enough that I'll give it to you. I bought that torque book Jake Raby put out a few months back and torqued everything down to spec when putting my car back together with the 3.4. Even the lug bolts.
Well after almost a week of spirited driving I was feeling a little confident. I had put my car through some high speed turns, 100mph runs down empty highways and even down rough roads(for a boxster with coilovers). The sun was going down and it was the perfect temp for a top down drive. I drove down my street, which is about a mile long before it intersects with a country highway. I pull out on the highway and gun it. In about 5-6 seconds I'm doing the speed limit of 60 and let off the throttle. Instantly it starts to shake, so I immediately let off the gas and try to find some where to pull over. I get about 5-6 seconds of it shaking before my right rear tire passes me. The car comes to a screeching halt halfway on the highway and halfway in the grass. I call a friend to come run me to my shop so I can get five lug bolts and a second jack. The tire that came off was flat so I threw the spare on and limped home. I get home, put the box on the lift and scope out the damage. The car has some small scrapes on the headers and cross brace but otherwise came out great. When the wheel came off it wore away the paint on the wheel well and that was the worst damage to the car itself. It's a different story for the wheel though. It has deep gouges all on the inside and one was so deep it cracked the wheel. There's too much damage to get it tig welded.
The first mistake I did was using some generic wheel spacers & lug bolts I got off another boxster. I needed about 1/4 inch spacer on the rears when I switched over to coilovers. I had those handy and they gave me the perfect fit for my rear wheels. I used some high quality ECS spacers for the front. The biggest mistake I made was not going back after some time to recheck everything. When I went to take off my wheels yesterday, the front lug bolts were still tight. The other rear wheel lug bolts had started to work their way loose too. They were still on but were just barely above finger tight. All things considered, I dodged a HUGE bullet! That could have happen when I was doing 100mph. It could have happen on a two lane road. We have two lane roads here with 70 mph speed limits. The wheel could have killed someone. I could have died had it came off at the wrong time. My motor could have hit something. Someone could have rear ended my car after the accident. Like I said, I dodged a big one and I'm so grateful it wasn't worse.

I have a set of 987 17's I can use but the tires are shot. I was hoping to take it out to Cota this weekend but I don't have time to get good tires put on.

Last edited by itsnotanova; 05-07-2016 at 05:22 AM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:35 AM   #22

If coreseller is annoying you, ignore him and he'll go away. I don't think it's good manners to bring your fight onto other threads.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:37 AM   #23
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
If coreseller is annoying you, ignore him and he'll go away. I don't think it's good manners to bring your fight onto other threads.
Hey, sorry to hijack, but he doesn't even own a 986. If he's going to keep spamming me, I'll make an issue of it alright. No disrespect to you. You did very well by my friend who needed a part in SLC.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:45 AM   #24

Apology accepted. He has an order with me right now for parts
Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 AM   #25

Garage
AGREED! Woody is a Boxster owners best friend!
Old 05-29-2016, 07:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Hey, sorry to hijack, but he doesn't even own a 986. If he's going to keep spamming me, I'll make an issue of it alright. No disrespect to you. You did very well by my friend who needed a part in SLC.
This started out as a "Thank You" thread to Woody, sorry for the misdirection on other's part. Long Story Short......WOODY DOES A GREAT JOB, THANKS!!!!!!

To Timco:

Don't Forget your Binkie in RI Lol.

Funny how things get selectively deleted. You pretty much covered George Carlin's vocabulary describing me and then followed it up with personal threats........Nice. Maybe it's time to show us more pictures of your guns.

Last edited by coreseller; 05-29-2016 at 08:16 PM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #27
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
This started out as a "Thank You" thread to Woody, sorry for the misdirection on other's part. Long Story Short......WOODY DOES A GREAT JOB, THANKS!!!!!!

To Timco:

Don't Forget your Binkie in RI Lol.

Funny how things get selectively deleted. You pretty much covered George Carlin's vocabulary describing me and then followed it up with personal threats........Nice. Maybe it's time to show us more pictures of your guns.
You are either a heavy, heavy drinker...or mentally ill. A month goes by, and the troll strikes again. You're a sick individual. Seek help.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #28

Quote:
You are either a heavy, heavy drinker...or mentally ill. A month goes by, and the troll strikes again. You're a sick individual. Seek help.
Sorry, not much of a drinker nor am I ill. Truth is a ******************** isn't it?

Are you saying you did not go crying to Mommy again (Mods) to get your prior posts deleted? Drop the Binkie and Fess Up.

No response to your name calling or threats? Yeah, I'm the ill one lol.

Last edited by coreseller; 05-29-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #29
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Sorry, not much of a drinker nor am I ill. Truth is a ******************** isn't it?

Are you saying you did not go crying to Mommy again (Mods) to get your prior posts deleted? Drop the Binkie and Fess Up.

No response to your name calling or threats? Yeah, I'm the ill one lol.
Wow. You're nuts.

1) Yes, Mark was contacted and has been again. I won't stop. You're over the top and I won't be the one leaving.

2) I didn't ask for anything to be deleted. Nothing.

3) You're a giant ass hole. A huge one. Given how psyco you come across, if you showed up and introduced yourself, I'd knock you out. You're a stalker. Simple. I want nothing to do with you.

4) Yes, I collect firearms. Sorry that offends you. (Actually, no....I'm not. )
Old 05-30-2016, 08:27 AM   #30

Woody is a great guy to have on the Forum because he is helpful. positive ,polite and very knowledgeable. That is even more important than geat used parts imho. He is the kind of contributor that makes this Forum so worthwhile.
I wish the Moderator would just delete the unpleasant bickering posts.They detract from the usefulness and enjoyment of reading an otherwise splendid Forum. Otherwise this Forum deteriorates to Rennlist standards.
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #31

Hello Gelbster,

totally agree. I was searching for a moderation contact function, but it seems there is nothing like a report button. If there is one, please let me know.

Regards, Markus
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #32
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hello Gelbster,

totally agree. I was searching for a moderation contact function, but it seems there is nothing like a report button. If there is one, please let me know.

Regards, Markus
There is. I used it already and emailed Mark.

It's the red triangle, bottom left corner. Has an exclamation mark in it.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Wow. You're nuts.

1) Yes, Mark was contacted and has been again. I won't stop. You're over the top and I won't be the one leaving.

2) I didn't ask for anything to be deleted. Nothing.

3) You're a giant ass hole. A huge one. Given how psyco you come across, if you showed up and introduced yourself, I'd knock you out. You're a stalker. Simple. I want nothing to do with you.

4) Yes, I collect firearms. Sorry that offends you. (Actually, no....I'm not. )
As to #2.....Lol, You are a Liar. Plenty here read your vitriol prior to it's deletion.

As to #3 first part, Thanks again for the name calling, I think I'll go off and cry lol.

As to #3 second part, Regarding knocking me out (another threat, but I don't run crying like you to the mods) , you really ought to be careful what you wish for.............

As another member referenced you in a prior thread that was deleted......You are nothing more that a Crybully lol. Never thought of that one myself, pretty accurate though.

As to #4 Believe it or not I do also, I just don't feel the need to brag or show off my collection......Very Poor Form. Kind of makes you look like your are compensating.

Last edited by coreseller; 05-30-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:16 PM   #34

you guys need to go fishing or something
nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #35

Quote:
There is. I used it already and emailed Mark.

It's the red triangle, bottom left corner. Has an exclamation mark in it.
SpongeBob the Hall Monitor lol.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar View Post
you guys need to go fishing or something
Can't argue that lol. Actually did just that this afternoon on Lake Erie. The Walleye are hitting.....
Old 05-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #37
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
+1 on the fishing.
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #38
I am my own mechanic....

Coreseller.

He mad. He's a bi-polar stalker. He has a thing for me. He's jealous.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #39
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
As to #2.....Lol, You are a Liar. Plenty here read your vitriol prior to it's deletion.

As to #3 first part, Thanks again for the name calling, I think I'll go off and cry lol.

As to #3 second part, Regarding knocking me out (another threat, but I don't run crying like you to the mods) , you really ought to be careful what you wish for.............

As another member referenced you in a prior thread that was deleted......You are nothing more that a Crybully lol. Never thought of that one myself, pretty accurate though.

As to #4 Believe it or not I do also, I just don't feel the need to brag or show off my collection......Very Poor Form. Kind of makes you look like your are compensating.
Bring it, you sick stalker. I'll knock you flat out. You're a freakish troll. I laugh at your attempt to keep this going, lol.

This will be dealt with tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #40

Quote:
Bring it, you sick stalker. I'll knock you flat out. You're a freakish troll. I laugh at your attempt to keep this going, lol.

This will be dealt with tomorrow.
Did you run out of worms?

Keep Digging Timco, I'm Out.