Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 05:29 AM   #1
Side Porsche

awesome people

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on these boards. We have a really good group of people and very helpful as well. I appreciate the help and I am sure others do also. The market we have going here is impressive to say the least. Prices are good and helpful for people selling and buying. I enjoy this community a lot and thank you all.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #2

Yes, fantastic knowledge reservoir and great people.

Everyone brings their own interesting perspectives and knowledge on cars an other areas as well.

Its also great that we don't take our selves too seriously and can joke and have fun, although electronic media disconnects do occasionally come off sounding b i t c h y at times but we have all been there and most everything can be forgiven.

I'd rather have folks participate in discussions, even with threads that are obtuse than not participating at all.

We can also learn as much from failures as successes so its quite valuable to hear about the failures as well.

Kudo's to all this forums members.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage

This is one of the best online forum's I have ever encountered, with tons of helpful and knowledge people all happy to help out. In my opinion, one of the best aspects of owning a Porsche is the online community. Not many cars have such helpful online support or DIY guides for maintenance, troubleshooting, and hacks/mods/upgrades.

That's why I've stuck around for such a long time. ( I just realized I've been here for 9 years!)
Old 04-05-2016, 06:41 AM   #4
I am my own mechanic....

Great board. Lots of help.

Always glad to help when I can.

Check your rear fog lights!
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:05 AM   #5

Garage
Absolutely, the people on here are better than the dealers or repair shops out there. I appreciate everyone's time and effort into making a forum worth reading and being a part of.

Thanks again - Happy 2016 !!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #6

Got to agree with everyone. Great people on this board!
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #7
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
The great folks here have shed some valuable information and knowledge to me. The technical help has been a lifesaver. I love reading about every upgrade, tire selection, and race day that everyone posts. The people have linked me to articles I would have never found.
tada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:25 AM   #8
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post
The great folks here have shed some valuable information and knowledge to me. The technical help has been a lifesaver. I love reading about every upgrade, tire selection, and race day that everyone posts. The people have linked me to articles I would have never found.
Don't you have a car you should be working on? Chop, chop!

Regarding your mystery tube, have you looked at the parts catalog? That may help identify it.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #9
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Don't you have a car you should be working on? Chop, chop!

Regarding your mystery tube, have you looked at the parts catalog? That may help identify it.
I actually have to work at my job during the day to afford to feed the Porsche. Went through the parts catalog. The tube is the crankcase breather tube between the PCV and the AOS. Taking off a little early today to reassemble and torque everything down. I think the DME was putting more fuel into the bank of cylinders, flooding the plugs, in an attempt to compensate for the huge vacuum leak. I'm learning and again thanks for the help!
tada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #10

Garage
I couldn't agree more, so much value and knowledge here, by far best forum ever. Thank you mipstien for this thread, I want to say thank you to all who have contributed to this forum (hopefully one day I can be an asset too) as you are the ones who have made me that much more knowledgeable on my 986.
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:15 AM   #11

Garage
I'm just here for the pics.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #12

Yes, one of the best forums with the least amount of UAR (useless **************************** remarks) in average, try that in a different forum, lol
stelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #13
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
I concur! I have gotten a lot of help and advice here, and hopefully given some, too. Although I subscribe to other forums, the 986forum is A#1.

That being said, who knows where I can find some OEM blinker fluid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #14
Custom User Title Here

Garage
You have to contact Porsche directly for all of the Cryptozoological fluids. They can't sell them openly thanks to the Unified Unicorn Act of 1973. The Unicorns unionized and demanded fair market pricing and settled on Porsche as the sole distributor due to Porsche's willingness to keep the markup low and asking price high. Damned Unicorns...I mean, look at all the Griffons looking to hawk their fluids but can't thanks to that darn UUA.

There is currently an Equal Opportunity for Cryptozoological Creatures bill trying to pass, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It would be nice to have some competition.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #15
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
h

Old 04-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #16
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
HAAaaaaHhhh!!!!

Premature replyilaztion above

Old 04-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #17
Custom User Title Here

Garage

This is the only forum that I check/read every day. Heck, it's one of only a few sites that I ever visit. I read rennlist on occasion, but can't post since I got banned for cussing out a moderator. Yeah, I have bad days, too.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #18
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
I agree, this is the best forum with the best people on the interwebs by far. The only thing I don't like about the forum is all the cool mods I didn't know I wanted or needed until I read about them on here.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:41 AM   #19

Almost everyone on this forum and Boxster people in general are so easy to deal with. That's kind of the reason I gravitated toward only selling used parts for the 986 and 996. I started selling used parts on any vehicle I thought I could make $$ off of. Depending on the make and model, there's some vehicle's I wouldn't touch even if they were free. Out of 500ish customers, I've only had to get snippy with one guy and one other guy who didn't pay me. Both of those guys weren't even fans of the boxster and were only fixing them up to flip them.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:01 AM   #20

Garage
It's a lovely diverse place to be. Great community.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote