Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

Garage
Just Moved to Phoenix Area from MN

Just got here. Boxster to follow me in a couple weeks. Looking forward to year round Boxstering!

Drahthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
On the slippery slope

Garage
So if you are now a Zonie, I guess we will see you in San Diego every summer
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #3

Welcome to Arizona! Phoenix, Tucson or Northern Arizona?

BTW - I'm a born and raised Californian (yes, I can surf) and only visit to see my brother. Skip San Diego and go to Hawaii. The beaches and surf are much better in Hawaii. You may notice some people driving around the area with Not Cal stickers. Kind of funny. Glad that folks in Arizona don't give people that move here from California crap since about half of everybody here is originally from California (4 of my neighbors).
89 944 S2
78 911SC

Last edited by Porsche9; 08-05-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:51 AM   #4
I am my own mechanic....

We should do a 4-corners meet or something similar. Seems to be enough members from So Cal to AZ. I'd drive down!
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 AM   #5
Track rat

Garage
A pretty active PCA in Phoenix with lots of driving events. Check em out.

Last edited by Topless; 08-06-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:16 AM   #6
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post

BTW - I'm a born and raised Californian (yes, I can surf) and only visit to see my brother. Skip San Diego and go to Hawaii. The beaches and surf are much better in Hawaii. You may notice some people driving around the area with Not Cal stickers. Kind of funny. Glad that folks in Arizona don't give people that move here from California crap since about half of everybody here is originally from California (4 of my neighbors).
Yes, lots of people from CA move to AZ, and come back to CA in the summer because it's too firkin hot in AZ LOL

Just like lots go to AZ in the winter to escape the cold and snow
Old 08-06-2015, 06:45 AM   #7

Arizona, huh? You'll be rubbing your buddies' noses into the weather there when you take a selfie in your Boxster with the top down in late January. Lucky you!!!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Yes, lots of people from CA move to AZ, and come back to CA in the summer because it's too firkin hot in AZ LOL

Just like lots go to AZ in the winter to escape the cold and snow
Lots of people move to California from Arizona and come back because they realize it's not what everyone thinks its cracked up to be. Net migration statistics show far more CA to AZ migration then the other way around. The great days of it being the land of oppurtunity is just not the same. It was always more expensive but in the past it made sense to more folks. Having grown up there I loved it and was glad that my parents choose CA as a place to raise my brother and I. While still a great place to live it's not what it use to be. CA will always be were I came from it's just not my home anymore.

In the end calling Arizonan's "Zonies" is not appreciated.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Old 08-06-2015, 08:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
A pretty active PCA in Phoenix with lots of driving events. Check me out.
Second that! We are getting a new Porsche dealer in Chandler this winter and I hope it drives some of the social and tech events to happen in the SE valley. We also have Wild Horse Pass race track where a number of autocross and HPDE event happen.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Old 08-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #10
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Lots of people move to California from Arizona and come back because they realize it's not what everyone thinks its cracked up to be. Net migration statistics show far more CA to AZ migration then the other way around. The great days of it being the land of oppurtunity is just not the same. It was always more expensive but in the past it made sense to more folks. Having grown up there I loved it and was glad that my parents choose CA as a place to raise my brother and I. While still a great place to live it's not what it use to be. CA will always be were I came from it's just not my home anymore.

In the end calling Arizonan's "Zonies" is not appreciated.
My apoligies
Old 08-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
My apoligies
Much appreciated.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Old 08-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #12

Garage
Quote:

Phoenix area.
Listed my house in MN and it sold in a day....no going back now!! Thanks for all the replies, I would love to get more involved in Porsche events!
Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #13

I just recently moved from Ohio to Gilbert AZ and I just bought 2000 Boxster S. I also just recently joined the AZ PCA region but havent been to any events/meetings yet. I'm always looking for fellow Boxsters to cruise with so maybe we all can arrange some driving events and crab some cold ones!
Jay B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B. View Post
I just recently moved from Ohio to Gilbert AZ and I just bought 2000 Boxster S. I also just recently joined the AZ PCA region but havent been to any events/meetings yet. I'm always looking for fellow Boxsters to cruise with so maybe we all can arrange some driving events and crab some cold ones!
I'm up for it. Maybe a meet up at a Starbucks?
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Old 08-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #15

Im down with that.. lets see how many people will chime in and maybe we can set something up and do a meet and drive. Every Saturday night there is a car gathering ( new & old ) at the Scottsdale Pavillions. This may be a cool meeting spot as well.
Jay B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:12 AM   #16

Garage
I'm in after 9/1. Boxster will be here by then!
Old 08-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #17
Certified Boxster Addict

Did a little research....

As property values in California have steadily increased to near pre-2008/recession levels, migration from CA to AZ has also steadily increased as Californian's look for lower priced housing and lower taxes (a double bump up to the standard of living). However, AZ is fourth on the list behind Nevada, Oregon, and Idaho with Alaska and Washington right behind AZ.

This has also had the effect (not just to Arizona but to Nevada, Colorado, and Texas) of steadily eroding Arizona's historic Republican majority.

This is why we see Nevada as a mostly Democrat-leaning state now along with legal pot and increased gun control laws in Colorado.

It seems that behind entertainment, aerospace, and agriculture, liberals are now one of CA's biggest exports!

You're welcome.

(DISCLAIMER: No offense meant to any one of any and all colors, religion or non-religion, political party or lack of political party, human or non-human, any configuration, ability or non-ability, any state or any country or non-affiliated state or country, planet of origin, gender or non-gender, or any other reason you might be pissed off at me. Just a few facts mixed in with some humor and irony, which to the best of my knowledge (which has been questioned numerous times just this morning by my wife), are still legitimate literary styles. However, if you own one of those yellow Boxster's with the green leather interior, I make no apology and still think it looks horrible.)
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 08-15-2015 at 10:01 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #18

Tom,

Exactly one of the things I was trying to get away from. The far left and the far right. Can't seem to have that.

Scottsdale Pavillions works for me.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Old 08-16-2015, 06:45 PM   #19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Did a little research....

As property values in California have steadily increased to near pre-2008/recession levels, migration from CA to AZ has also steadily increased as Californian's look for lower priced housing and lower taxes (a double bump up to the standard of living). However, AZ is fourth on the list behind Nevada, Oregon, and Idaho with Alaska and Washington right behind AZ.

This has also had the effect (not just to Arizona but to Nevada, Colorado, and Texas) of steadily eroding Arizona's historic Republican majority.

This is why we see Nevada as a mostly Democrat-leaning state now along with legal pot and increased gun control laws in Colorado.

It seems that behind entertainment, aerospace, and agriculture, liberals are now one of CA's biggest exports!

You're welcome.

(DISCLAIMER: No offense meant to any one of any and all colors, religion or non-religion, political party or lack of political party, human or non-human, any configuration, ability or non-ability, any state or any country or non-affiliated state or country, planet of origin, gender or non-gender, or any other reason you might be pissed off at me. Just a few facts mixed in with some humor and irony, which to the best of my knowledge (which has been questioned numerous times just this morning by my wife), are still legitimate literary styles. However, if you own one of those yellow Boxster's with the green leather interior, I make no apology and still think it looks horrible.)

Huh, this took a turn...