Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #21

I'll go the route of the Indy shop doing the PPI. Bet the dealer balks at the fact that they can't get it there because it's 20-25 min away.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #22
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile31 View Post
They are hiding nothing on this car. Traded in at Porsche dealership across the street which they are associated with.

Their rule is no car stays on the lot more than 30 days. November 23rd will be 30 days and car will goto auction the following week. At 14850 I think we are at or very close to wholesale pricing. Even the places that will buy your car on the spot says it's worth 14000.

Kind of feel like for 15K it's a lot of car with minimal risk, aside from IMS failure, etc.

Even with PPI showing it needs X amount I don't think the dealer will discount, especially if car is going to auction.
Then buy it without a PPI and take your chances. Whatever happens, we're here to help!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #23

Do the PPI. I bought mine from a dealer who had it on consignment. I relied on their PPI which did not show a leaking coolant tank, need to new brakes, a need for new CV joints, a new mash air flow senor. I ended up spending another $2K on the car right after I purchased to have these items taken car of.

I would have used these items to bargain with them to get a lower price on my car.
daveccpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #24

It doesn't always go badly. I bought mine sight unseen from a dealer who had a bunch of great reviews 1800 miles away. Great price so I figured if it went bad, I'd fix it over the winter. Thirty days (tomorrow) and three thousand miles later, not a hiccup. 02 S model with 80 thousand miles.
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #25

you are getting a good price on that car . A PPI will cement a good deal for you. or at least have them put it up on a lift so you can take a look .

jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote