Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #1

Garage
Durango Motor Expo

Boxster is all cleaned, polished, detailed and ready for the car show tomorrow. I didn't dust off the engine though.

I repainted my lugs. I'm taking some bug remover polish and windex. I have to drive 45 miles to get there and will get some bug splatter on the way in. Since it's flag day tomorrow, I'm taking my flag with me that flew over the USS Missouri that I bought when we were in Hawaii a couple of years ago.

jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Damn Yankee

Garage
You might want to bring along some detail spray and microfiber cloths.

And don't forget the pics!

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
You might want to bring along some detail spray and microfiber cloths.

And don't forget the pics!

TO
I have cloths and will definitely take pictures, lawn chairs, hats...what kind of detail spray?
Old 06-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
Damn Yankee

Garage
One of these will do:

They're both readily available at local car parts stores. In the future, you may want to consider Griot's products.

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #5

Garage
pics from the car show

here we go!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #6

Garage
more pics

more pics

I had a Lambo Diablo to my left and a 914 to my right. Fun day.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #7

Garage
more pics

more pics. Here's the birthday cake my wife and son made for me.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:03 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlmodelt View Post
Boxster is all cleaned, polished, detailed and ready for the car show tomorrow. I didn't dust off the engine though.

I repainted my lugs. I'm taking some bug remover polish and windex. I have to drive 45 miles to get there and will get some bug splatter on the way in. Since it's flag day tomorrow, I'm taking my flag with me that flew over the USS Missouri that I bought when we were in Hawaii a couple of years ago.
We are ending a cross country rally (martinsburg, wv to pueblo co) in Colorado july 11. We plan to take a couple of weeks out there and be in the Durango, silverton, telluride, Ouray, Gunnison and crested butte area and over to canyon de chilly for a couple of days. Anything going on in the area that you know of that we need to check out? We have jeeps rented to do the alpine loop, Imogene, and the crested butte and tin cup area and we know about the telluride music festival and gunnygrass in Gunnison. If you know of any other interesting activities during the july 11 to 24 time frame we would be interested to know about them. We will be driving a pair of 04 limited edition boxster S's and they should have enough road dust to be unidentifiable after a week on the road. We appreciate any activities you can tell us about.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
here we go!
Durango is my favorite town in CO. As I am a train buff (you can tell by my avatar) I enjoy riding the Durango & Silverton narrow gauge RR (3ft) and we like to stay in the General Palmer hotel right next to the train station. If you are looking for something to do I highly recommend the train ride to Silverton and back. A journey back in history and will make you appreciate how fast you can get from A to B these days with a car like a Boxster and paved roads. Have fun.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield View Post
Durango is my favorite town in CO. As I am a train buff (you can tell by my avatar) I enjoy riding the Durango & Silverton narrow gauge RR (3ft) and we like to stay in the General Palmer hotel right next to the train station. If you are looking for something to do I highly recommend the train ride to Silverton and back. A journey back in history and will make you appreciate how fast you can get from A to B these days with a car like a Boxster and paved roads. Have fun.

AKL

We have done it several times and already had it on our list for this time as well. Also hoping to get to chama, nm to do that one as well. We used to do a couple of weeks out in the Ouray, telluride, silverton area every year, but it has been about 9 years now since we were last there. This rally gave us incentive to do it all again while we are out there. We do several home exchanges every year and we have one in Ouray and one in Gunnison for this trip. It is a great place to vacation. Got to get a gopro so we can document the great times.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
We are ending a cross country rally (martinsburg, wv to pueblo co) in Colorado july 11. We plan to take a couple of weeks out there and be in the Durango, silverton, telluride, Ouray, Gunnison and crested butte area and over to canyon de chilly for a couple of days. Anything going on in the area that you know of that we need to check out? We have jeeps rented to do the alpine loop, Imogene, and the crested butte and tin cup area and we know about the telluride music festival and gunnygrass in Gunnison. If you know of any other interesting activities during the july 11 to 24 time frame we would be interested to know about them. We will be driving a pair of 04 limited edition boxster S's and they should have enough road dust to be unidentifiable after a week on the road. We appreciate any activities you can tell us about.
There are multiple vineyards that have sprung up in the 4 corners region. You could catch a couple of those. It sounds to me like you have a pretty good game plan.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:08 AM   #12

Garage
Excellent, That is one thing that will have to be replaces regularly on this trip given the storage space limitations. We are packing clothes for a week and figure on doing laundry then. Even with 2 trunks, they fill up quickly and given the heat that builds up in the rear one, you can't put some things in there. This will be the longest trip we have done in it. Since we are traveling with another couple that we do regular trips with, we can share tools, extra parts, etc with them since their car is identical. Another thing that I have been thinking about is the fact that on the rally we are going east to west and will be losing an hour due to time zone changes every couple of days. That means we have to be up and ready, checked out of the hotel, breakfasted have the car prepared and lined up at the starting line by 7:30 every morning and 7:30 keeps getting earlier.
We have currently raised over 60K for our charity (the accelerated cure project for MS research) and it should keep coming in for a couple of weeks.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Excellent, That is one thing that will have to be replaces regularly on this trip given the storage space limitations. We are packing clothes for a week and figure on doing laundry then. Even with 2 trunks, they fill up quickly and given the heat that builds up in the rear one, you can't put some things in there. This will be the longest trip we have done in it. Since we are traveling with another couple that we do regular trips with, we can share tools, extra parts, etc with them since their car is identical. Another thing that I have been thinking about is the fact that on the rally we are going east to west and will be losing an hour due to time zone changes every couple of days. That means we have to be up and ready, checked out of the hotel, breakfasted have the car prepared and lined up at the starting line by 7:30 every morning and 7:30 keeps getting earlier.
We have currently raised over 60K for our charity (the accelerated cure project for MS research) and it should keep coming in for a couple of weeks.
What an awesome fun rally. Way to go on the dollars raised. I need to take my wife on a road trip like that. I need to get you my phone number in a PM so you can give me a call or text when you are passing through the Durango area. If I'm in town and able to I'd ride with you for a while.
James
Old 06-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
What an awesome fun rally. Way to go on the dollars raised. I need to take my wife on a road trip like that. I need to get you my phone number in a PM so you can give me a call or text when you are passing through the Durango area. If I'm in town and able to I'd ride with you for a while.
James

That would be great. Probably be coming thru Durango area about july 16.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
That would be great. Probably be coming thru Durango area about july 16.
I should be around