Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #21
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
I have been zapped plenty of times while working on cars when they are running, and I have survived just fine.
Must have affected your brain

2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
Old 06-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #22
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
First of all, I have dogs and cats

The is no way in hell a cats claws will scratch the paint on your car, they simply are not hard enough
And yes, I have had one of my cats climb on my car at I have washed it. No big deal. Bird poop is far worse. Just use a quick spurt of detailer and any paw prints are gone.
In fact, the prints you leave from touching or leaning on the car are far worse. You leave oils and other things from your skin that are in fact corrosive to the paint

Shooting a cat is just plain cruel and stupid. You don't deserve to own a Porsche.
How about I shoot your dumb ass with BB gun or zap you with an ignition coils and see how you like it .
Im sure theyre the pride of the neighborhood.

Ive had it happen to me. So yeah we disagree. A cat can easily scratch paint, especially with dirty paws.

I own a cat too, have for many years. But heres the catch: MY cat has never trespassed or dug up someones flowerbed. He has never left a coiled pile on the lawn for the next time someone mows, or chased off wildlife by hunting game. Why? Because I am an urban dweller who posses the intelligence and maturity to keep my cat indoors! It is owners (and those who support them) who are "cruel and stupid" for letting their animals roam free and violate other's rights. Want an outdoor cat? Buy yourself a plot of land where I wont catch your cat on my Porsche. Cause otherwise, if Im your neighbor, your cat violating my rights makes him free game sir. I dont have the time to trap and take him to the pound but you can consider yourself lucky I dont do so.

Last edited by TypeA; 06-03-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #23

Garage
I am totally with Jay. I have had cats for the last 35 of my 41 years. Plenty of them have laid across my 7 Porsches over the years - not a single one had ever, even remotely, caused damage (or any neighbor cat as well).

Now, since this is not your cat, I agree that it is disrespectful of your property (as well as its owner). But let's not make unfounded and ridiculous statements that any cat is going to scratch your paint. I understand you adore your car, but please do not even consider being cruel to the animal - because that would make you a type of P-car owner I come to this forum to avoid.
Previous: '71 914 2.2 - TX license plate: "E-GO"....'73 914 1.7....'74 914 1.8....'73 914 2.0 - Saturn yellow with all original 2.0 options- R.I.P..... '74 914 1.8 with 916 body kit.... '72 914 1.7 - my very first car
Also: '09 Cooper Clubman....'90 Miata.... '80 MGB.... '76 TR-7
Old 06-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
He has never left a coiled pile on the lawn for the next time someone mows, or chased off wildlife by hunting game.
Right there shows you know nothing about cats. Cats will NEVER leave evidence of their poop. You must have a dog leaving that.

Most cities have leash laws - yes, even for cats. You should contact animal control and let them handle it.
Previous: '71 914 2.2 - TX license plate: "E-GO"....'73 914 1.7....'74 914 1.8....'73 914 2.0 - Saturn yellow with all original 2.0 options- R.I.P..... '74 914 1.8 with 916 body kit.... '72 914 1.7 - my very first car
Old 06-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #25
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Im sure theyre the pride of the neighborhood.

Ive had it happen to me. So yeah we disagree. A cat can easily scratch paint, especially with dirty paws.

I own a cat too, have for many years. But heres the catch: MY cat has never trespassed or dug up someones flowerbed. He has never left a coiled pile on the lawn for the next time someone mows, or chased off wildlife by hunting game. Why? Because I am an urban dweller who posses the intelligence and maturity to keep my cat indoors! It is owners (and those who support them) who are "cruel and stupid" for letting their animals roam free and violate other's rights. Want an outdoor cat? Buy yourself a plot of land where I wont catch your cat on my Porsche. Cause otherwise, if Im your neighbor, your cat violating my rights makes him free game sir. I dont have the time to trap and take him to the pound but you can consider yourself lucky I dont do so.

Chase off wildlife? I have never heard of a house cat hunting wild game! A mouse or rat maybe, even a bird, but wild game, that almost funny. What wildlife do you have Urban Dweller?

If you have a cat, then you would know that cats don't leave a coiled pile on a lawn, they bury their poop

If you did in fact posses intelligence or any maturity, you would NEVER propose harming someone pet.

If it was your neighbors kid that dared "trespass" would you advocate shooting or shocking them?

you better be careful or karma will cause some raw eggs to land on your car (probably from the neighbor whose cat you injured or killed), hopefully when you are away for a few days and it can then really eat into the paint.

BTW, intentionally causing harm to a animal is a crime and a felony in some states

I am confused, I thought Portland had good caring people, obviously I was wrong
Old 06-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #26
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Chase off wildlife? I have never heard of a house cat hunting wild game! A mouse or rat maybe, even a bird, but wild game, that almost funny. What wildlife do you have Urban Dweller?
Semantics. Is that the best you got? Any non domesticated animal is game. In my yard its birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and when I was in Florida, turtles. Hell, even my own domesticated pets deserve protection if in MY yard.

BTW, cats will not always bury their poop. They will sometimes just go in the grass. Again, we disagree on the whole "always" phrases you are throwing around.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #27
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
BTW, intentionally causing harm to a animal is a crime and a felony in some states
BTW, "leash laws" are in effect for MOST major cities these days and many cities have ordinances for felines also. Some cities charge big bucks to get your pet out of jail.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #28
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Semantics. Is that the best you got? Any non domesticated animal is game. In my yard its birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and when I was in Florida, turtles. Hell, even my own domesticated pets deserve protection if in MY yard.

BTW, cats will not always bury their poop. They will sometimes just go in the grass. Again, we disagree on the whole "always" phrases you are throwing around.
I'm done.
I have better things to do than deal with someone like you
Have a nice life and karma is a b_tch

Last edited by JayG; 06-03-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #29
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebell914 View Post
You should contact animal control and let them handle it.
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy. Besides, animal owner irresponsibly is such an epidemic that calling someone is unlikely to be effective. I have tried everything and spent many hours of my free time attempting to protect myself from irresponsible pet owners. The only thing I have found that truly works is my original suggestion.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #30
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
I done.
I have better things to do than deal with an immature jerk
Probably for the best. Once you resort to name-calling you really are showing your level.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #31

Garage
Quote:
In my yard its birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and when I was in Florida, turtles. Hell, even my own domesticated pets deserve protection if in MY yard.

OK, TypeA, I am confused...you actual want chipmunks and squirrels? Maybe it is their paw prints on your car But I must throw an ALWAYS out there....cats ALWAYS bury their poop, unless they are caged and have no where to bury it. And also - they do not just go out in the open, like in the middle of a lawn. You clearly do not understand cat psychology. They are very self conscious animals - they are like women - they never fart in public :dance:
Old 06-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #32

haha funny thread... cats. I bet the dudes in South China don't have this problem... most outdoor felines ends up in restaurants there.

Not the case in Shanghai. Huge population of those furry balls in neighborhoods. I had that very same problem... especially during cold evenings or during springs and autumn when they SHEAD THEY HAIR

Fortunately these pets aren't as dumb as some may think. I simply WOOSSH him off verbally and he got it... never came back ever lol
Old 06-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #33

Garage
Quote:
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy. Besides, animal owner irresponsibly is such an epidemic that calling someone is unlikely to be effective. I have tried everything and spent many hours of my free time attempting to protect myself from irresponsible pet owners. The only thing I have found that truly works is my original suggestion.
That says it all. You are 'protecting' yourself from a cat that knows no better by harming it with a BB gun? Wow.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #34

Quote:
Must have affected your brain
You know, I agree with you about being cruel to any animal. I would never shoot a cat or other animal. But, I knew that getting zapped by a car coil is highly uncomfortable, but more or less harmless since I have experienced it first hand. I did not want to cause any injury to the other cats but they were eating my cats food, on my back porch, on my property, in a totally fenced in yard. I'm I any less cruel than dog owners who put an "invisible fence" on their property and a collar on their dog, so it get shocked every time it runs one foot past the edge of the yard of its own house? Ever been on a farm that has an electric fence to keep the live stock from roaming out of bounds? Is that farmer being cruel to his animals, or is he keeping them from becoming road kill?
I have read news reports about people poisoning animals that roamed onto their property. Talk about being cruel, a slow painful death.
Are the police cruel for using a Taser instead of shooting a criminal with a bullet?
You have the right to your own opinion, but I don't go around zapping cats just for any reason or torturing any animal. I left the food out for my cat in my back yard. If I wanted to feed all of the neighbors cats, I would have left the bowl of food out in the front by the street.
This will be my last response to you, we have hijacked enough of the OP's original thread.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 06-03-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #35
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Get a garage!

You are parking your car out in the open where anything can land on it, touch it, crap on it... If you don't like it, get your car off their property (the outdoors).
I know it's a pain, but when I didn't have a garage, I paid extra each month for a storage unit to park the car in. A cover should at least prevent any scratches or prints.

And, just for the record, cats claws do scratch the paint. That's why I don't park my car outside.

Last edited by particlewave; 06-03-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #36
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
haha funny thread... cats. I bet the dudes in South China don't have this problem... most outdoor felines ends up in restaurants there.

Not the case in Shanghai. Huge population of those furry balls in neighborhoods. I had that very same problem... especially during cold evenings or during springs and autumn when they SHEAD THEY HAIR

Fortunately these pets aren't as dumb as some may think. I simply WOOSSH him off verbally and he got it... never came back ever lol
And you are a good man as well. You are correct, it's easy to whoosh them away. Even clapping you hands will cause them to leave

I was in Shaanghai about a year ago, last week of the new year and had a blast. Loved the city and food! Didn't see a lot of cats or dogs for that matter

Did see dog on a restaurant menu, so I guess that keep the dog population down.
( just kidding)
Old 06-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #37
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
You know, I agree with you about being cruel to any animal. I would never shoot a cat or other animal. But, I knew that getting zapped by a car coil is highly uncomfortable, but more or less harmless since I have experienced it first hand. I did not want to cause any injury to the other cats but they were eating my cats food, on my back porch, on my property, in a totally fenced in yard. I'm I any less cruel than dog owners who put an "invisible fence" on their property and a collar on their dog, so it get shocked every time it runs one foot passed the edge of the yard of its own house? Ever been on a farm that has an electric fence to keep the live stock from roaming out of bounds? Is that farmer being cruel to his animals, or is he keeping them from becoming road kill?
I have read news reports about people poisoning animals that roamed onto their property. Talk about being cruel, a slow painful death.
Are the police cruel for using a Taser instead of shooting a criminal with a bullet?
You have the right to your own opinion, but I don't go around zapping cats just for any reason or torturing any animal. I left the food out for my cat in rbof memy back yard. If I wanted to feed all of the neighbors cats, I would have left the bowl of food out in the front by the street.
This will be my last response to you, we have hijacked enough of the OP original thread.
Fair enough, I apologise to you. My anger at the other one got the better of me
I just have a short fuse about cruel treatment of animals.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #38

Quote:
And you are a good man as well. You are correct, it's easy to whoosh them away. Even clapping you hands will cause them to leave

I was in Shaanghai about a year ago, last week of the new year and had a blast. Loved the city and food! Didn't see a lot of cats or dogs for that matter

Did see dog on a restaurant menu, so I guess that keep the dog population down.
( just kidding)
Nah mate, no chop-chop dogs & cats in this part of China. Only happens in the south for some strange reason and this doesn't make Shanghainese and other Chinese very proud of - in fact they are repulsed and extremely embarrassed by this tradition.

Bad news tho... pets is a new trend here, just started about 10 years ago. We are infested with dogs and cats but naturally most owners keeps them indoor. Watch for dog poo when walking in the villa's garden here :/

ps. I have a pair of Rottweiler's (my most favorite hobby) so I'm not better than them
Old 06-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #39

Who cares? If you are so worried about a car that a cat is going to hurt it you should probably shoot yourself now. Save society the resources needed to keep you breathing.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #40

Garage
I'm having the same problem on a daily basis. I let it go a handful of times but this last time it set off my alarm at 5:30am, which set me off. My neighbor paid for the damage to my top and got rid of 1 his cats. I'm keeping a close eye on the other.

99' 986 Porsche Boxster - Glacier White/Black interior, 19" ALT Miro Type 371 Wheels, ROW M030 Kit, RSS 7mm Wheel spacers, Smoked Depot Brake lights, Smoked 3rd Brake light, Bosch Smoked side markers/headlight corners, Desnorkeled, Modified Air Filter, Carbon Fiber door sills, Plasti-dipped side mirrors/air ducts, debadged rear, black hood crest, Keyhole delete, Much more to come, stay tuned...
Closed Thread