Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #21

I went through a similar thing the CEL went off so I continued and light came back on and loss power. Had it towed and checked out and a few things let go. I ended up having it repaired for $13k I wish I had just gone for a new engine as it would have been less expensive.

Bad luck continued and the bottom end ended up letting go 1500kms later. In my haste to get the car back on the road I purchased a 2001 engine with 100kms and a refreshed top end from a mechanic in Vancouver. The variocam system on the 2001 engine was different than my 2003 car.

Now I have this 2001 engine that I paid $4000 for and an new LN IMSB

I was quoted 15-17hours for the install and am asking $2900 for the engine. This may be a faster and less expensive method as you never know what you will find when you open up the old engine.

b-raddetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #22
recycledsixtie

Garage
Thanks anyway Bradtail. I am trying to sell it as is with full disclosure of the CEL light/and code. If this does not work out then I will trade it in on a new suv. Not a Porsche though.
Guy.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
Thanks anyway Bradtail. I am trying to sell it as is with full disclosure of the CEL light/and code. If this does not work out then I will trade it in on a new suv. Not a Porsche though.
Guy.
Hi Guy, I am also in Edmonton and might be interested in your car. Do you have some idea of what value you would sell it for? PM me if you wish to discuss in private.

Thanks

Piper

986piper is offline   Reply With Quote