Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #1

Just saying hello

I've been reading the forums a lot, but never became a member. Just wanted to say hello to all. I have a 2003 silver Boxster S. Thus far it has a flashed ecu, short shifter, evo intake, Top Speed Exhaust, Front strut bar/brace, and the test pipes are on the way.

I take the car to the track often and find it to be the most fun out of anything I've ever driven/raced. I'm no professional, just a weekend track warrior. Lol.

I'm also selling my PSE if anyone is interested... see the classifieds.

Hello to all and thanks for making such a great forum. I've used a lot of information from here and have made a lot of decisions based off of the experiences shared. Hopefully I'll be able to add my own someday.

JBoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
I am my own mechanic....

This forum has rules. We will need to see a picture of your car.....
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #3

Garage
Welcome Who's flash did you get?
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #4

No worries... I didn't read that. Here ya go...
Old 05-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #5

JBoe is that Korean?

pics or it did not happen!
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
Welcome Who's flash did you get?
The prior owner had it done. It was completed at GMP Performance and is their EVOMSit upgrade. He also got the Evo intake there. He had an exhaust on the car at the time, but put the stock back on to sell it. I don't know what exhaust he had. He also put in the short shifter.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
JBoe is that Korean?

pics or it did not happen!

Nope... I just use first initial and shortened last name. Simpler to remember. Pic is posted. Simple garage shot since I was put on the spot. lol.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #8

Until it's approved, my classified isn't up. Let me know if you want pics of the PSE and I'll PM them in the interim.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe View Post
Oh! Nice car/colour and all but somehow I prefer your Fireblade hidden in the back lol welcome to the forum

He is mine. 204bhp. HRC everything... ecu, cams, lifters/springs/valves, balanced crank w/ GP prototype TI pistons. Only runs 116 octane and clocks 317kmph (196mph?). Makes the boxster feels like it was designed to go get fresh groceries only lol

Old 05-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Oh! Nice car/colour and all but somehow I prefer your Fireblade hidden in the back lol welcome to the forum

He is mine. 204bhp. HRC everything... ecu, cams, lifters/springs/valves, balanced crank w/ GP prototype TI pistons. Only runs 116 octane and clocks 317kmph (196mph?). Makes the boxster feels like it was designed to go get fresh groceries only lol.
Awesome bike, mine has the simpler mods. Intake, exhaust, sprockets, rear delete, etc. It may look like the big dog, but it's actually the little 250R. I got it after test riding a buddies non-repsol version. It was so much fun and light enough to toss it through the corners with ease. It's gutless, but so much damn fun. I'm a long time rider and have had several superbikes. This one is just for show n fun...

I've got my eye on a Ducati 899 Panigale in Artic White, but my wife is in need of a car first. Ahhhh... decisions, decisions. Lol.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
I take the car to the track often...
There are several 986Forum members here in SoCal who track our cars often. Let us know what events you're attending in the Racing section so we can meet up sometime.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #12

My company sponsors these guys and we have a group that attends their events at Willow Springs.

Home - Extreme Speed Track Events

Unfortunately, I'm not able to attend the May 10/11 events. I don't know when the next outing will be, but I'll post it up when I do.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #13

Only Fred would call a CBR a Fireblade.
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Awesome bike, mine has the simpler mods. Intake, exhaust, sprockets, rear delete, etc. It may look like the big dog, but it's actually the little 250R. I got it after test riding a buddies non-repsol version. It was so much fun and light enough to toss it through the corners with ease. It's gutless, but so much damn fun. I'm a long time rider and have had several superbikes. This one is just for show n fun...

I've got my eye on a Ducati 899 Panigale in Artic White, but my wife is in need of a car first. Ahhhh... decisions, decisions. Lol.
Youuuuuuu lucky bugger. If that's indeed a GP250 (Repsol) you got there I am not talking to you anymore. Those are fast as hell and like you said, nothing but great (additive) fun. Had the chance to try one back in the years when I was sponsored. 2 strokes, scary fast and agile (nimble?)

I'd buy a public transport card for your wife. Tell her you wouldn't want anything to happen to her while she is driving - love love love thing (then go get your Ducati)
Old 05-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Only Fred would call a CBR a Fireblade.
"See-Bee-Err" then
Old 05-04-2014, 05:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Hey, that's my car! You could spell my name from yours too!

As long as track bike pics are appearing, here's my 1997 Ducati SS/SP. Not "Firebird" fast, but 317 lbs., and more fun than should be allowed on 2 wheels!

Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #17
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
My company sponsors these guys and we have a group that attends their events at Willow Springs.

Home - Extreme Speed Track Events

Unfortunately, I'm not able to attend the May 10/11 events. I don't know when the next outing will be, but I'll post it up when I do.
Yes, I have driven with Extreme Speed several times - great group of drivers.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Not "Firebird" fast, but 317 lbs., and more fun than should be allowed on 2 wheels!
Noooooo no no no, NOT Firebird, it's "Fireblade"

Fireblades is the family name representing the RRs (or See-Bee-Err) 900, 919, 929, 954, and the 1000. RR, or Race Replicas of the famous GP winning RC211, RC212 frames/rake & swingarms prototype GP bikes.

Once modified up to Superbike specs (HRC +/- 200bhp), there is only a handful of riders worldwide who can properly pull them out of apexes without loosing their race line completely. Traction control or not, they are not for the faith of heart

Faster lap times than the Carrera cup cars btw... just to put things into perspective. Respect the Fireblade! True Japanese rock&roll

Last edited by Nine8Six; 05-04-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 AM   #19

And it always starts on POLE position. Dunno why! That's David Sadowski (your once AMA Pro racing Champion) taking care of tire temp for me. Yep, he is one of those that REsPEct the Fireblade

Fireblade Fireblade, Go Go Fireblades

Last edited by Nine8Six; 05-04-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #20

Juss sayin hello lol