Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Listen my trailer will be on a large plot of land . The issue is with the way they build them, neighborhoods were not always slab houses right next to each other for miles haha.
Yeah, your right. Why, just the other day I heard about this mythical place call Manhattan.

Surely, it doesn't exist and is nothing more than a ghost town or a movie set made of plywood.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
Yeah, your right. Why, just the other day I heard about this mythical place call Manhattan.

It is Canada, not Long Island... They have room.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #23

Quote:
It is Canada, not Long Island... They have room.

Uh... Manhattan isn't Long Island either... Out of curiosity, maybe you can answer this -- I heard about a study that said that the less that Americans knew about the location of the Ukraine, the more they want the US to intervene (attack). Why do people like (you?) that feel that way?

Last edited by cfos; 04-11-2014 at 06:02 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post

Uh... Manhattan isn't Long Island either... Out of curiosity, maybe you can answer this -- I heard about a study that said that the less that Americans knew about the location of the Ukraine, the more they want the US to intervene (attack). Why do people like (you?) that feel that way?

Im totally on Russia's side actually, i mean the people want to be Russian so why should we intervene. Some would argue it is appeasement like with Hitler and Poland, but i do not imagine Russia going any further than Crimera.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Im totally on Russia's side actually, i mean the people want to be Russian so why should we intervene. Some would argue it is appeasement like with Hitler and Poland, but i do not imagine Russia going any further than Crimera.
That's funny.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #26
I am my own mechanic....

Bought at 119k. Now have 132k. MILES. Runs perfect. Great car. No regrets.

Russia must be stopped. We are supposed to be protecting Ukraine.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #27
recycledsixtie

Garage
1. This is a car forum not a political forum.
2. Big Jake your comments about somebody else's yard is tacky. Not everybody wants or can afford a big yard.
3. The less miles on a Boxster the better with the exception that some would say the ims bearing is more vulnerable with low miles in an older car.
G.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:44 AM   #28
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
1. This is a car forum not a political forum.
2. Big Jake your comments about somebody else's yard is tacky. Not everybody wants or can afford a big yard.
3. The less miles on a Boxster the better with the exception that some would say the ims bearing is more vulnerable with low miles in an older car.
G.
1...So what if other topics are discussed in GD. No moderator I have ever seen here has requested we stick to Boxster or Porsche topics. Should I request my smart car tipping thread be locked? What about JD not being JD anymore? I have never minded going off topic here and there. Refreshing conversation, actually. I have less time for internet police who want a pic of a gun pulled, or OT threads locked, or any OT comment censored. Just don't read or comment on those posts.

2...Gotta agree. If he rents his first place (an apartment) with his very own wages from the beginning with nothing more than a fridge of food from his parents (which I was damn thankful to get) then I will be impressed. I grew up somewhat poor, but we had a house & small yard. To each their own and I really do hope they get what they want for Christmas...Several apartments gone by before I had a yard. (Isn't this off topic?)

3...The less miles, the better on ANY car. These cars run fine at higher mileage, as long as the regular maint was done.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:22 AM   #29

Garage
Agreed on not minding other topics, and again I have no issue with the person who owns the house (aside from the air vent stickers) I just find it applying that builders and contractors build these neighborhoods like this, it has nothing to do with price, there are many new developments in my area with 500k and up homes and the market here in the south is cheap, these homes would be much more elsewhere. But the point is the builders and contractors still build them right on top of each other and even in these much more expensive cases, on slabs. My problem has nothing to do with the finance situation of a small yard and such because finances honestly doesn't govern it. I am not insulting the owners choice of home either, I just don't see why they build them like that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #30

OP

Congrats on your new acquisition in advance, if you ever decide to go for it.

Changing pretty much everything on that little roadster to make it worthwhile is less than 10k (new full suspension kit, brakes, tires, rods, wheel bearings, complete engine tune-up, coolant reservoir and an AOS). You still got a "Porsche Car" for less than 20k

Can't wait to see pics and read your first rides' comments. Great little car, have fun mate
Old 04-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #31

Back on topic.....I think there is nothing wrong with a high mileage car. The lower the miles better but as long as the maintenance has been kept up, it should be fine.

What does concern me with high mileage cars is the suspension. Check to see if it was recently replaced or budget for it. I would rather have worn seats over a worn out suspension. Both can be fixed ofcourse.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #32
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Jake, You need to study a little history, what you are fishing for here is "anschluss" with Austria. BTW Putin used the same racial arguments Hitler did. Nothing like going with a tried and true plan. Appeasement ended with Poland, and then tens of millions of folks died in WW2. Mostly without nukes. We can beat that today in a couple of hours. Putin certainly would go further than Crimea given the chance. He wants the buffer states back that Russia lost around the time you were born.

Last edited by Jamesp; 04-12-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #33
Beginner

Garage
Whoops - +1 on the thoughts below that you can expect increased maintenance on a high mileage car, but going in eyes wide open, and doing the maintenance a high mileage car should be fine. Also the for the boogeyman IMSB, just plan to get it changed.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #34

Garage
For me, we have no business in it until they step on our soil or threaten one of our lives. Opposing opinions are always welcome and I take it as an opertunity to learn

Old 04-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #35
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
For me, we have no business in it until they step on our soil or threaten one of our lives. Opposing opinions are always welcome and I take it as an opertunity to learn

Look up isolationism, and see where that got us. It's best (though hardest politically) to stop dictators like Putin early on. That lesson was hard learned and we should remember it.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #36
Beginner

Garage
And be sure to check the tires of any high mileage car for dry rot.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #37
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:

Did you just say opertunity?
Old 04-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #38
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Did you just say opertunity?
It'a a southern thing...
Old 04-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
Whoops - +1 on the thoughts below that you can expect increased maintenance on a high mileage car, but going in eyes wide open, and doing the maintenance a high mileage car should be fine. Also the for the boogeyman IMSB, just plan to get it changed.
At this price, the car would go in for clutch and IMS before I had gone 50 Kilometers. And I would still have money left for an emergency fund.
pony13ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #40

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony13ca View Post
At this price, the car would go in for clutch and IMS before I had gone 50 Kilometers. And I would still have money left for an emergency fund.
For the price i say PPI and then jump on it!