Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #101

Remote kill switch

?? tell me more

Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:35 PM   #102

Woohoo

He's back! Put me down for one please for a 97. Thanks!
oldskool73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:48 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehadehd View Post
Hey everyone!! I apologize to everyone who's been trying to reach me the last couple weeks. I've been slammed with work and frankly, haven't even been on the site this year .

To everyone who's interested in a relay, yes I am still making them, BUT... I only have enough parts on hand to make half a dozen or so more. I'm going to go ahead and order more parts but for the next week I'll only be able to ship a limited amount.

I'll comb through emails, messages, and forum posts and get in contact with those of you in a chronological order. Expect an email in the next day or two with more info.

And of course, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you guys are still using and enjoying these relays. Thank you all for your ongoing support!!! I can't wait to get more of these out there for everyone to use
Well, like I said, my car is hibernating for the winter so I can send you my relay in advance if that helps.
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:58 AM   #104
EZY

Kill switch???

when do we hear more about this remote kill switch???
EZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:45 PM   #105

Posting interest to buy here as I have not heard back via PM. I would like to purchase one of these units please.
dijinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #106

Garage
It's cool he will be gone for the next year now that he has posted once 🏽
epapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehadehd View Post
Hey everyone!! I apologize to everyone who's been trying to reach me the last couple weeks. I've been slammed with work and frankly, haven't even been on the site this year .

To everyone who's interested in a relay, yes I am still making them, BUT... I only have enough parts on hand to make half a dozen or so more. I'm going to go ahead and order more parts but for the next week I'll only be able to ship a limited amount.

I'll comb through emails, messages, and forum posts and get in contact with those of you in a chronological order. Expect an email in the next day or two with more info.

And of course, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you guys are still using and enjoying these relays. Thank you all for your ongoing support!!! I can't wait to get more of these out there for everyone to use
Wow, good to hear from you! had to RW a page to see your post :/

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-28-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #108

del dbl post

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-28-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #109

Garage
I thought for sure no one noticed . Indeed auto top is an implemented and very low hanging fruit compared to the rest of the system.

The system is composed of many sub functionalities and can be expanded so I will eventually post a write up but to produce black box kits for other members will be near impossible. I devote as much free time each night as I can to it but when you are doing the 3D designing and printing and wiring and circuit building and all software libraries...yeah it ended up taking way longer than planned.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by epapp View Post
I thought for sure no one noticed . Indeed auto top is an implemented and very low hanging fruit compared to the rest of the system.

The system is composed of many sub functionalities and can be expanded so I will eventually post a write up but to produce black box kits for other members will be near impossible. I devote as much free time each night as I can to it but when you are doing the 3D designing and printing and wiring and circuit building and all software libraries...yeah it ended up taking way longer than planned.
Oh you saw my question just in time, nice one. And yes of course I've noticed and someone I won't name also briefly mention one year ago

Can imagine the work. You forgot to add the complexity of Matlab and other automation platform programmers :/ That can't be easy?! Sad to hear this won't install easy but I'm not 2worry.... you guys will find a way around this problem. If this is what you meant by installing blackboxes.

Without mentioning features... does it record & analise data real-time? how powerful (fast) is the microprocessor and what is it based onto?
Old 01-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #111

Garage
It records data real time and pushes it to a web server I am running at my house. The server plots the data etc etc. I don't care to keep it 'secret' but I want to dedicate one thread to the info I describe rather than having it in 20 different places. Hopefully soon I will begin the process of documentation .

At this moment, I have two micros, a 1ghz arm full Linux distro and one 150mhz real time arm cortex m3 that talk to each other. Plenty of room for expansion on the Linux micro but the realtime micro is completely taxed; it can't handle one more interrupt service routine call, so only non-real time sensors from now on can be added
Old 01-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by epapp View Post
It records data real time and pushes it to a web server I am running at my house. The server plots the data etc etc. I don't care to keep it 'secret' but I want to dedicate one thread to the info I describe rather than having it in 20 different places. Hopefully soon I will begin the process of documentation .

At this moment, I have two micros, a 1ghz arm full Linux distro and one 150mhz real time arm cortex m3 that talk to each other. Plenty of room for expansion on the Linux micro but the realtime micro is completely taxed; it can't handle one more interrupt service routine call, so only non-real time sensors from now on can be added
gezzzuss, sounds like Immortal Kombat already lolll yea got a ruff idea thanks.

Ps; screw the local wroot mate, lookup google cloud and their api access (pay as you use). Your very own linux stack and can use own encryption to make it your very own (i.e. home-like!). Silly cheap, etc etc. Oh and you get 2 full free months before enabling billing etc. Can't-be-missed-offer trust me. Had to share this sorry, look it up

pps: can't wait. [insert popcorn pic here]
Old 01-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #113

Garage
I've got my own home web server and I authenticate with my own self signed https certificates; security is surely handled. Not to mention the server framework from a real time architecture simulator I helped write for my masters thesis: https://github.com/masc-ucsc/liveos.

In my experience, Google cloud services are great for computational workloads. Nothing to compute in my case, just plotting gps and displaying data sent from the car. Open street maps is great for that task

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2016, 05:34 AM   #114

Garage
Am interested for my 986S shipped to UK?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:35 PM   #115

I am in for my new (to me) MY02 BS
Frontpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #116

I would like to purchase one of your comfort top modules, let me know the payment details for an exchange price.
Thanks
nsub4rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:02 AM   #117

I would also be interested. I have a relay all ready to be shipped out :-)
jpl2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:24 PM   #118

Comfort Top

Hi are you still producing these relays?

If you are do you ship to the UK as I would like one for a 2004, 986.
BoxsterNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #119

Comfort-Top relay

Hi, I would love to buy one of these relays.
How can I get one?
Edarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:19 AM   #120
I am No. 1348

Garage
Whatever happened to these relay's? Did they get shipped and has anyone received and installed one?

If they are still being produced, I would like one as well.