Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #21

Kiddin'.

You guys knew I was kiddin', Right?

A truly uninspiring game. Zzzzzzzz.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #22

The ghost of Tim Tebow has left NJ.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
A truly uninspiring game. Zzzzzzzz.
It might have helped if Denver had brought a team.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 02-02-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #24

Garage
The Seahawks will win.

https://www.enhancedautomods.com/shop/comfort-top
Shehadehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #25

Eli: 2 rings
Peyton: 1 ring
Old 02-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #26
Need For Speed

Garage
It was a wonderful game.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
It was a wonderful game.
Which one you are talking about?
Old 02-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #28

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
It was a wonderful game.
referring to the puppy bowl? because regardless of if its my team winning or not, i could care less about watching a shut out... commercials were unappealing as well, props to Maserati for introducing the ghibli to the general public in a good way though, and the Chrysler 200 "America's import" proudly supporting a fiat chassis validity in that advertising.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #29

Bad game. Bad commercials. Bad halftime. At least that is what I saw before I turned it off right after halftime.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #30

Glad I went to the Phoenix Open instead. The 16th hole is always a riot.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnich View Post
Bad game. Bad commercials. Bad halftime. At least that is what I saw before I turned it off right after halftime.

That was the first half time show that did not feature over-the-hill rockers well past their prime, britney/Justin/Boy band/crap, Madonna and her 'antics' but instead actually had music by actual musicians.

as for being a bad game. When a team performs at every level: coaching, quarter back, defense and special teams, I think that's a great show of what championship execution looks like. This was a clinic on bringing your A GAME.

I was frankly perplexed at how many people were picking the Broncos given all the ways that Seahawks could beat you.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #32

Sooorry horse face fans.......goood efferent........lmao........Seahawks for life,
TRPLBLK04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #33

uhhhhhh??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
I believe Denver will be the winner. Seahawks didn't show me much when playing San Francisco. But who knows, it's been a few weeks since either played. Anyway, the best team will show there stuff.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #34

Joshniich....great game, azz woopen .....commercials , dont care.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I was frankly perplexed at how many people were picking the Broncos given all the ways that Seahawks could beat you.
Yeah, I was admittedly going with my heart and not with my head. While deep down, as an Eagles fan (I grew up in South Jersey) and a Browns fan** (by virtue of my current location), I shouldn’t really have cared at all who won, I tend to root for the comeback––-as in Manning in his new football home, versus this team consisting largely of young upstarts. What with his multiple neck surgeries, his release by the Colts, his desire to continue playing at an age when many would have hung up their cleats, the story surrounding whether he’d continue as his number 18 at Denver in light of that number having been retired in honor of the late Frank Tripucka, Denver’s first QB who wore it at Denver in the early days of the AFL. (The former great ultimately insisted that Manning carry on the number 18 tradition as the current quarterback for the Broncos). Not to mention the undeniably amazing season he’s had this year with Denver.

That said, as has been stated many times, defense wins championships, and that definitely was the story last night. Seattle’s D positively swarms over an opposing offense---they’re everywhere. As my kid mentioned at one point in the game, “It seems like every play they’ve got one or two more players on the field than the offense.” And, oh-by-the-way, their offense didn’t look too shabby either. There’s no question that, looking at all aspects of the game, Seattle brought the much better team last night. I think it’s possible I suspected that after the game’s very first snap from scrimmage.

**feel free to stop laughing anytime now, please!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #36

Banned commercial

Here is an alleged banned commercial that I think you all may find enjoyable. Pay attention Senor Danger!!!!!:dance:

AKL

Kate Upton Banned Super Bowl Commercial
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
And, oh-by-the-way, their offense didn’t look too shabby either. There’s no question that, looking at all aspects of the game, Seattle brought the much better team last night. I think it’s possible I suspected that after the game’s very first snap from scrimmage.

**feel free to stop laughing anytime now, please!
Their defense being frankly history making aside, their offense was under-rated.
If you look at Wilson 2012 and 2013, which other rookie has ever had such numbers? I think this is a Montana in the making, a guy who just steps up in the big game. And don't forget Beast Mode, the silent killer.
Then on the other side of the team you have Sherman. A. Rogers pointed out about his rant, "he's absolutely right. Why would you test him? he's only been burned once all season." Peyton really was going uphill from the start.

But let's talk about that defense once more. Has any defense ever crushed an offense of that caliber with such devastation? I have to wonder if the scoreboard being so lopsided contributed to Seattle defense backing off just enough to keep this from being a less than one TD affair.

I think Peyton's lucky to be in the AFC. And Eli unlucky. I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle here next year.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-03-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #38
Certified Boxster Addict

The Broncos were the gift that kept giving. The Seahawks should split the win money, no winning team ever had it so easy.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
That was the first half time show that did not feature over-the-hill rockers well past their prime, britney/Justin/Boy band/crap, Madonna and her 'antics' but instead actually had music by actual musicians.

as for being a bad game. When a team performs at every level: coaching, quarter back, defense and special teams, I think that's a great show of what championship execution looks like. This was a clinic on bringing your A GAME.

No I wasnt picking the Broncos I was pretty sure that Seattle would win. Just sour grapes because I am pretty sure SF would have done the same to Denver had they gotten past Seattle!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnich View Post
No I wasnt picking the Broncos I was pretty sure that Seattle would win. Just sour grapes because I am pretty sure SF would have done the same to Denver had they gotten past Seattle!
I think it would been a closer, more entertaining game.
But I don't think you guys would have held them to one TD. SF's defense is not nearly as good. And offensively, SF's QB is not as consistent as Wilson. And you'll be facing these guys yet again...
The one sign of hope for SF is that an athletic defense like Seattle's is prone to injuries sooner or later. Sherman's timing for his injury was lucky this time around. So yeah... SF must pray for Seattle injuries. But to be fair, ditto for our Giants. Eli never threw so many picks. But if Eli and the Giants make it to the big game they're better than SF at taking down the heavily favored team with a near perfect record. Just ask Tom Brady, twice.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-03-2014 at 01:21 PM.